GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 06:37

R1 Decisions:

Michigan Ross Chat (US calls are expected today)  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  (Calls expected to start at 7am PST; Applicants from Asia will hear first)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 15:47
fbpointgod10 wrote:
Another datapoint: 11/17 to 12/09

All of these changes point to decisions made and pooling.

They are probably reviewing and making final decisions on a daily basis. When you date changes now, it likely means your fate has been sealed.

Has anyone had their date change in the last few days without it now changing daily?
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.72

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 17:09
To add to our hysteria:
Interviewed mid October, video essay date has not changed from mid/late October.

Theories?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 18:06
Saw the quote below from last year's thread. A change probably occurs during each stage of this process and the more recent change probably indicates an admissions team member verifying "accept/reject" or the admissions team making the final decision- although I can't imagine the team would be making decisions a week before the release date. Anyway, my two cents & best of luck. My most recent date reads 12/08.

Quote:
This past Friday, I visited Kellogg, and I spoke with Dean Kate Smith that day. I asked her this question, and she confirmed that the Admissions Committee reads applications ONLY AFTER the interview or waiver of interview. Specifically, the application goes first to a student reader, then two admissions officers, and then finally to Dean Smith. At each read, the reader is instructed not to read the previous reader's comments/notes, so as not to be biased.

I didn't go into with Dean Smith what my student friend told me about his experience last year as a student reader, but I just wanted to pass along what I was told, since it's different than the previous information I gave here.

RelishMBA.com

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 21:52
So my conclusion from this would be people who are seeing regular date changes must be those on the borderline - or a big middle 80% kind of pool from where most selections would be made. And, I suppose they would be selecting - de-selecting people from that list on a daily basis. So, once your date change stops now, your fate is definitely sealed - good or bad - difficult to say.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 22:15
Just to add to my last post, a more logical approach would be to keep selecting people from that lot. So if your date has stopped changing after 5/12, you must be in the "selected" list already. The people for whom the date changes till the latest date reported - they will probably be rejected.
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Jan'16 (A)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 01:45
HappyHammer wrote:
Good evening from London everybody.

Sorry to be a pain, but can somebody clarify what the recommendation requirements are please? I can't seem to find the questions on here or the website....

Thanks and good luck!

Hey HappyHammer:

Kellogg has the same recommendation questions as most other US B-Schools

How do the candidate's performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (300 words)

Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response. (250 words)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 03:19
YumBeeA wrote:
Just to add to my last post, a more logical approach would be to keep selecting people from that lot. So if your date has stopped changing after 5/12, you must be in the "selected" list already. The people for whom the date changes till the latest date reported - they will probably be rejected.

Except that there are waiver applicants whose dates stopped changing a while ago and aren't changing now. These people are probably in the reject pile, but their dates aren't changing.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 03:25
TheLevin wrote:
fbpointgod10 wrote:
Another datapoint: 11/17 to 12/09

All of these changes point to decisions made and pooling.

They are probably reviewing and making final decisions on a daily basis. When you date changes now, it likely means your fate has been sealed.

Has anyone had their date change in the last few days without it now changing daily?

Hi mine changed a few times this week and now is at 12/10/2014
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 05:17
Adding an outlier here:

Waived applicant.
Last date change: 10/14

Go figure.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 06:27
I do not know what this means but my date changes these past two days (12/10 and 12/11) have happened pretty much start of office hours in chicago....It is 815 am there and it has already updated on the day

Maybe they split us up by last names to the adcom staff who handle the electronics and its just that one person has more names than others ans it changes whenever he/she goes into the system
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.72

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 06:30
Mine just changed to today's date- it was October before that.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 06:45
jasminea12 wrote:

so I don't think date changes can be judged as borderline candidates only. I do believe that if your date changes everyday then your fate is sealed. No one is re-watching our videos at 9 AM chicago time. Basically, the reviewed applicants have been pooled together. Whether it is dinged, waitlist, acceptance, I bet it is all three.

That is my theory, and I think it makes the most sense.

For the ones without a date change, it means that they are still deciding on your fate.

Thank you.

Personal Blog: I will answer every single question on my blog.
http://johnthundermba.wordpress.com

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 07:02
PMD8833 wrote:
I do not know what this means but my date changes these past two days (12/10 and 12/11) have happened pretty much start of office hours in chicago....It is 815 am there and it has already updated on the day

Maybe they split us up by last names to the adcom staff who handle the electronics and its just that one person has more names than others ans it changes whenever he/she goes into the system

I thought of this Yesterday. If all apps are changing at the same time (early morning), there is definitely some pooling going on.

Still at 11/08 here.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 07:10
JohnThunder wrote:
jasminea12 wrote:

so I don't think date changes can be judged as borderline candidates only. I do believe that if your date changes everyday then your fate is sealed. No one is re-watching our videos at 9 AM chicago time. Basically, the reviewed applicants have been pooled together. Whether it is dinged, waitlist, acceptance, I bet it is all three.

That is my theory, and I think it makes the most sense.

For the ones without a date change, it means that they are still deciding on your fate.

Thank you.

I hate to continue the speculation, but hey, gotta pass the time somehow, right? :-D
I agree with this for the most part, it clearly has something to do with groups instead of individuals - based on what I've gathered here:

a) Once the date changes to December for the first time, it updates every day after that, so for me it's changed 12/7 through 12/11.
b) After the initial date change, it updates every morning. If it was based on individuals, the date should change at various times through the day

So just to stir the pot, has anyone had a December date change that has not updated through 12/11 at this point?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 07:17
I hate to continue the speculation, but hey, gotta pass the time somehow, right? :-D
I agree with this for the most part, it clearly has something to do with groups instead of individuals - based on what I've gathered here:

a) Once the date changes to December for the first time, it updates every day after that, so for me it's changed 12/7 through 12/11.
b) After the initial date change, it updates every morning. If it was based on individuals, the date should change at various times through the day

So just to stir the pot, has anyone had a December date change that has not updated through 12/11 at this point?[/quote]

If that happened, I will be shocked. My theory will be disproven!!! Anyone with a date change since 12/7 should have one every morning. You have been pooled!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V48
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 07:25
JohnThunder wrote:

So just to stir the pot, has anyone had a December date change that has not updated through 12/11 at this point?

If that happened, I will be shocked. My theory will be disproven!!! Anyone with a date change since 12/7 should have one every morning. You have been pooled![/quote]

Exception here. The change for me was on 12/01, 12/09 and then just now 12/11...

I am a JD-MBA applicant though - not sure if that makes a difference...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 07:26
JohnThunder wrote:

If that happened, I will be shocked. My theory will be disproven!!! Anyone with a date change since 12/7 should have one every morning. You have been pooled![/quote]

My date change 11/28 -> 12/10 -> 12/11
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 07:30
tskeats wrote:
JohnThunder wrote:

If that happened, I will be shocked. My theory will be disproven!!! Anyone with a date change since 12/7 should have one every morning. You have been pooled!

Exception here. The change for me was on 12/01, 12/09 and then just now 12/11...

I am a JD-MBA applicant though - not sure if that makes a difference...[/quote]

wait no 12/10 date change?

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V48
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 07:36
JohnThunder wrote:
tskeats wrote:
JohnThunder wrote:

I am a JD-MBA applicant though - not sure if that makes a difference...

wait no 12/10 date change?[/quote]

Nope...Before that it changed a bunch of times before I even interviewed (11/10). Then a couple of times after interview. Last change before 12/01 was on 11/26.

Any other JD-MBA applicants seeing similar changes?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 07:40
tskeats wrote:
JohnThunder wrote:

I am a JD-MBA applicant though - not sure if that makes a difference...[/quote]

Same here, but I'm a regular 2Y applicant: Mine first changed on 12/4, got stucked on the weekend when you all saw changes, changed again on 12/09 and now to 12/11...
I can only think the groups must mean more than just accepted/rejected... probably something to do with interview dates, location... who knows??

It's still nice to have all the speculation to pass the time on this last days anyway :)!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 11 Dec 2014, 07:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  40   41   42   43   44  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap