It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 12:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 02:05
Ya the second question was exactly what they had indicated. My first question was something like - "What is the one thing in the world that you would want to change? And Why?"

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 1730 [0], given: 792

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 04:34
BlueDonkey wrote:
Hello All,

Did anyone happen to complete the video essays part of application. Please share how was the experience and any useful do's and dont's.

What were the questions like and is the second question exactly whats mentioned in FAQs of admission site "What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you?" or a variation of that.

Wish you all best of luck for R2.

Don't worry about the video essay. Be honest and say what you mean. The only bit of recommendation is to not sound like overly rehearsed or someone who is reading off a piece of paper. Try to maintain eye contact with your camera and you should be fine.

List of questions is the same as the one provided during the practice session. Make sure to practice 1-2 times before the actual submission. 1 question will be from the list and it'll be a behavioural type question while second question will be a variation of what are your ST/LT goals, why Kellogg etc. But make sure to prepare a pitch of around 55 seconds as you don't want to be cut at the end .

Finally, it is only 1 part of the entire process. So don't overdo it and don't put undue pressure on yourself.

All the best.

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 1

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.14
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 08:44
This post received
KUDOS
Engr2012 wrote:
BlueDonkey wrote:
Hello All,

Did anyone happen to complete the video essays part of application. Please share how was the experience and any useful do's and dont's.

What were the questions like and is the second question exactly whats mentioned in FAQs of admission site "What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you?" or a variation of that.

Wish you all best of luck for R2.

Don't worry about the video essay. Be honest and say what you mean. The only bit of recommendation is to not sound like overly rehearsed or someone who is reading off a piece of paper. Try to maintain eye contact with your camera and you should be fine.

List of questions is the same as the one provided during the practice session. Make sure to practice 1-2 times before the actual submission. 1 question will be from the list and it'll be a behavioural type question while second question will be a variation of what are your ST/LT goals, why Kellogg etc. But make sure to prepare a pitch of around 55 seconds as you don't want to be cut at the end .

Finally, it is only 1 part of the entire process. So don't overdo it and don't put undue pressure on yourself.

All the best.

"Finally, it is only 1 part of the entire process. So don't overdo it and don't put undue pressure on yourself." --> Totally agree with what Engr2012 said. I practiced for a while but for whatever reason, at least on the "random" video essay, I felt like I completely bombed it, but I received an admit.

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 1

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

I got admitted to B-School! Now what? | MBA Learnings [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 09:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: I got admitted to B-School! Now what? | MBA Learnings

Second-year student Rohan Rajiv is blogging once a week about important lessons he is learning at Kellogg. Read more of his posts here.

How can a relocation and a significant life move not be stressful, and instead be a growth opportunity?

This was the question I asked myself when I got my offer of admission for graduate school. I hate relocation. It was going to be a pain. But I needed to figure out a way to make it better. Framing it this way appealed to me because there were likely a few more relocations coming up. This was how I broke it down.

First, deal with the 5 “big rock” questions. 
The “big rocks” are items that just have to be completed no matter what. My 5 big rocks for any move are:

1. People: Have I got the important people in my life (family/partner) on board? 
Big step. Not much to discuss here. But, this should be the first step.

2. Work and living wrap up: What do I need to do to wrap up life here? 
At work, this meant communicating to my managers and colleagues and then figuring out my plan until my last day at work. I structured it such that I had a month and a half off before school and I was grateful for that time.

At home, this meant putting together a list of things that needed to be “closed” – home rental, all other contracts – phone, cable, utility and bank account consolidation. As soon as I felt I had a complete list, I put together a plan to get all this done since I knew I’d have limited time to get it all sorted.

3. Flights and Visa: Do I have all my travel to-dos in place? 
This is definitely a process, especially when you have a significant other who also needs to figure all this out. The main lesson for me was: relocate as early as is practically possible. In our case, we got in one week before major activities started and this was useful. If I was moving for work, I would try and do two weeks before, at least. The early time helps set the foundation for a good start.

With visa, we had a few things to consider and decisions to be made. Our situation was particularly complicated because I was traveling for work until my last day. So we did need things to be fairly well planned. In general, I’d recommend working through all of this as early as possible and have a plan in place.

4. Accommodation and basics: What will I need to start life there? 
In our case, this came down to three things – medical requirements, accommodation and a plan to get basics in place within our first week.

Medical requirements involved us getting the required blood tests and immunizations. After that, sorting out accommodation was a priority. This was a big part of why I traveled to the school’s admit weekend – to get a sense of what was out there. And once we had that, we just put together a fairly detailed plan (of course) of what we needed to get set up in the first week in order of priority – mobile plan, bank account, home set up, and submit required documentation were top of the list.

5. FinanceWhat are my “chainsaw art” financial scenarios? 
Numbers matter. It is hard to get financial forecasts right, however. The approach I’d recommend is “chainsaw art” – sculpting with a chainsaw instead of a fine knife. This just means that you don’t sweat the small details and, instead, focus on getting the big buckets right. As far as expenses went, the buckets that I had were – Tuition, Accomodation, Necessities, Living, Travel, and Relocation. I made some fairly standard assumptions based on my research and had a rough budget worked out.

Once I’d put this part in place, the next big question was – how do I make sure I fund this? The way we approached that was to detail out two scenarios – a worst case and best case. The best case involved having a few moving parts in place and the worst case was what would happen if none of our assumptions worked out. We could have had a couple more granular scenarios but instead focused on “chainsaw art.”

As I worked through this process, I also put together a set of key principles. I thought I’d share those below along with the rough expense forecast. None of it was rocket science; it involved reminding myself that it was an investment, to live frugally and to work hard for the only scholarship I was eligible for as an international student. I hadn’t actually remembered doing this until I pulled up my Google doc now, but I’ve always found laying out guiding principles to be an important part of the process.

As is the case with these things, the chainsaw art approach worked great. Sure, there are deviations in the numbers, but broadly, they were right. My approach to finances was to not define granular budgets, but instead set clear guidelines (as you will see, this is a theme). This meant some differences in life style; I am likely in the bottom 25th percentile of people who travel while in graduate school, for example. But, that’s a trade-off I chose right at the start and it had a lot to do my fairly global work experience prior to school.

We don’t monitor our budget strictly every month. Instead, we focus on the guidelines we laid out at the start – that has worked well for us.

Next, how can I be best prepared for school? 
This portion took a bit of work as I needed a way to frame this experience to help me deal with the seemingly overwhelming amount of detail. While I had some of the frame in place, it definitely became crystallized over time. The six-priority frame is what I wrote about in detail in my letter to an incoming student. I’ll go through what I did for each of these six priorities (in some cases, I venture into what I would have done had I known better).

1. Career – quite a bit of action here.
I took a very research based approach to figuring out my career question. I had been warned that graduate school recruiting starts very early and that it helps having a focus.

There are 3 steps to finding a job:

i) Decide what you want

ii) Get an interview

iii) Prepare to do well at the interview

In this case, I spent my pre-business school time thinking about what I really wanted to do five years out. And given what I wanted to do five years out, how did that translate to my post MBA role? I had written about this in my essays and I focused on validating my ideas and also making sure they were realistic given the visa requirements for an international student in the U.S. For instance, I believed I wanted to switch into technology. So I used the admit weekend to spend two days in the Bay Area, meet people I knew and people they introduced me to at various companies and asked everyone I met for advice. This turned out to be a very useful exercise in deciding what I wanted. This plan underwent a few changes, but it worked well overall.

As far as ii) and iii) went, I figured I’d use my time at school for that. However, I will say that this two-day trip helped greatly with both as well. And I spent a bit of time testing a few sources of technology news over the summer before settling in on a couple of sources that worked for me (Venture Beat, Benedict Evans’ newsletter). I have a post on lessons learned from internship recruitingif you’d like more detail.

2. Academics – quite a bit of action here.
There’s a bit of personal history here. As I spent most of my undergraduate years working on a startup, I didn’t feel I actually did justice to my undergraduate degree (Electrical Engineering). So I didn’t attend my graduation ceremony. But I told myself (and my mom – who was understandably keen to attend at least one graduation ceremony) that if I were to attend graduate school, I would do it justice. It also helped that I was really looking forward to studying business fundamentals. So academics was always going to be a high priority.

My main question was how can I be best prepared? I ended up purchasing a couple of books on Finance and one in Accounting. I didn’t touch the Finance books. But I did work through the Accounting book and it was a godsend. However, I understand most schools have moved to having pre-courses in accounting. So if you have a pre-course, I wouldn’t bother. If not, understanding debits and credits goes a long way in making Fall quarter easier.

Aside from the Accounting book, I enjoyed reading a collection of Michael Lewis books before school. This was recommended by a Finance professor and I enjoyed diving into the various financial mishaps of the past two decades. Very enjoyable and recommended. As you can tell, I was over indexing on being financially literate. I was reasonably well positioned in other areas thanks to working as a consultant. If you aren’t, a course in how to use Excel and PowerPoint would be very applicable.

The final piece of my preparation was reading a book by Cal Newport – “How to be a Straight A Student?” I know this sounds incredibly geeky. But my rationale was straightforward – I hadn’t done much studying in undergrad. Now that I was committing to learning, I was curious about Cal’s insights (gleaned from various interviews) on how to do well. The book said three things in my opinion – study regularly, be very intentional about how you spend your time and maintain an excellent set of notes. This was very useful advice.

3. Extracurriculars – very little action.
Attending the admit weekend was very useful. I learned that the frequent issue was that people who like to be involved over committed to extracurriculars in their first quarter. So I put together a list of clubs I was most interested in and left it at that. It was a helpful starting point. I began my first quarter fairly cautiously and took up leadership positions in two clubs. Over time, I ended up doing a lot more than that as I got a better grasp of my commitments and capacity. But I did it because I enjoyed it and got tremendous value out of extracurriculars.

(In retrospect, extracurriculars have turned out to be a wonderful investment of my time. I’ve learned some wonderful lessons on leading and managing teams (you don’t get to manage large groups of talented peers all that often) and have also found them to be the source of my richest friendships since I don’t enjoy the extraverted evening scene.)

4. Social – almost no action here.
I am a believer in the idea that you attract people based on who you are. So I didn’t worry about this until I got to school. Instead, I set aside some time after my first two weeks to re-evaluate how I was doing. In that time, I found a second-year friend whose approach I respected and followed that. Figuring out how to approach social was a process that evolved through school. I’ve written about this in my post on designing for introversion.

5. Framily outside school – lots of action here.
I had been warned that the next 2 years would be very intense. So, I spent most of my pre-MBA free time here. I did 1:1 lunches/dinners with nearly every good friend. Most of these were very memorable and I remember the conversations to this day. I spent four weeks at home and that was wonderful, too. My framily always had a good sense of what’s going on and also had heads up that I might disappear for a few months as I worked to figure life at school out. I also set expectations for simple systems – regular calls with family, a whatsapp group that brought together close friends, a commitment to a half-yearly Google hangout, etc. These little things were a continuation of ideas I’d adopted while traveling for work. So it was just a matter of continuing to make the effort.

6. Me (+partner – if applicable) – lots of action here.
This was probably my number 1 priority. I spent a fair bit of time thinking about what I needed to be ready. The governing principle here was – what got you here won’t get you there. So, as I met people – especially for career related conversations – and gathered perspective, I tried to understand what life in an MBA program would look like. Thanks to my blog, I was already pretty intentional about how I approached life. However, this promised to be a great opportunity to re-think my systems and test out an approach that would last.

The biggest breakthrough here was a process I called “The Purpose process.” While this has iterated over time, thinking about this was the single best investment I made. It has resulted in a high quality of life throughout the past 15 months or so (8 hours of sleep nearly every day!) while keeping me focused on what matters. It also resulted in an initiative called “The Good Life Sessions” that has become a highlight of my time at school. The intensity of graduate school has been a fantastic pressure test for all these ideas.

Finally, a big shout out to partners/significant others. My wife and I spent a fair bit of time setting expectations. We knew this could potentially be a very rough period. It was also our first experience living together for an extended period of time. All those conversations helped a great deal. Consistent with the overall approach, we set guidelines and regularly revisited them. Graduate school is definitely a team game and none of this would be possible without my wife’s support.

Overall.
The time I spent before school went a long way in defining my approach in school. Once I’d done the work, I just put together a simple four-five line strategy for each of these priorities and kept revisiting them from time to time. A final part of this process was setting “process goals” along with some “ideal result” goals. I wrote about most of this and included a detailed breakdown of how I spent my time in my post about “Making the most of your first year in an MBA program.”

In the final analysis, relocation did turn out to be a profound growth experience after all. It underscores a principle that I’ve seen hold true for all things in life – it is what you make of it. The nice thing about having done this once is that I’m using the exact same approach and thought process as I think about my next relocation – into full-time work after school. Yes, the six priorities change a bit and the relative importance of certain priorities changes a lot. But the frame largely works.

As always, I’ve tried to combine high level “structure” ideas with clear examples of how I approached it. This combination always results in absurdly long posts. So as always, I hope it was worth the read.

Rohan Rajiv is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year Program. Prior to Kellogg he worked at a-connect serving clients on consulting projects across 14 countries in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. He blogs a learning every day, including his MBA Learnings series, on www.ALearningaDay.com.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: admissions, admits, Admitted Students, Advice, life lessons, MBA Learnings, prospective students Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Schools: Darden '18 (A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 01:39
Hello folks, I completed my video essay yesterday. I am sharing my experience so it may help other applicants.
The first question I got was something like,.." recent place you travalled to and what's good about it?". I think I screwed this one up. First my mind went really blank and when the countdown started, I Spoke whatever came to my mind for about 45s, made a stupid conclusion in the end, ended the video at about 50s realising that it's going off the track.At least I was sure to maintain eye contact with the webcam for most of the time. Later I realised that the example I told complements what I wrote in my essays about the impact of my travel experiences on me. In fact I was lucky to get this question because I have many amazing experiences to share but didn't utilise the opportunity.
Second question was exactly as they had announced on the website. I was prepared, answered with stern eye contact with the cam and finished in 50-55 s as I had planned and clicked the end button.
So, over all I felt bad immediately about the experience. I ended both the answers before time and also I chose an example to exemplify what I mentioned in my essay instead of giving them new information. What do you say? Can I forget Kellogg now? That hurts..really.

To the folks who still haven't done it, even though it sounded scary before, this is one of the best things I've ever done. When you see Kate smith, I am sure your mind will go blank and what follows is a honest and sincere reply from your heart. At least that's how it was for me. I only wish they give me another chance. Best of luck!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 87

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 02:20
Do we need to suit up for video essays? At least above waist?!! ;)
Or would suit be consider overdressed?

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 87

Current Student

Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Schools: Darden '18 (A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 02:42
popov wrote:

I did wear a suit. If you have one use it. It should make you look pro. Also I observed that if I wear a suit I dont flail my hands unnecessarily.
Yeah. I was in my boxers myself when doing essays. It's really upto you but my advice..use it. It adds to your persona when answering Q2.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 07:06
Wear a suit. Treat it as a formal interview.

Regarding the video essay: just be honest, smile a lot, and let your personality come through. I rambled a bit on mine and didn't have much of a point for my "getting to know you" question, but I still got in.

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Test driving the automotive and sports industries [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 09:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Test driving the automotive and sports industries

This is part of an ongoing series highlighting MMM summer internship experiences.

Name: Caio Dimov

Industry: Automotive/Sports

Company: Maserati/ABInbevhttp://www.sharedforkids.com/Function: Strategy, Sales and Marketing Associate / Sports Marketing Associate

Location: New Jersey, U.S. and Modena, Italy / Sao Paulo, Brazil

Dual degree, dual internship. This was a busy summer!

I started my summer working for Maserati North America, then I had a short internship with ABInbev in São Paulo, Brazil, where I worked in the sports marketing division.

I spent nine weeks with Maserati North America at their office in Englewood Cliffs, N.J. There I had three projects (sales, marketing and strategy). I was acting as an internal consultant running benchmarks on sales and marketing. I also prepared steering committees with dealers and VPs consolidating the 2015-2016 strategy.

Definitely the most fun part was to test drive the vehicles and get to know the plant in Italy.

Considering my deliverables, I definitely used concepts from our Research-Design-Build classes, as I developed a work plan for their new dealer-customer ordering process and that involved a lot of interviews and primary/secondary research.

Another class that was very useful was Advertising Strategy as one of my projects focused on social media platforms for the company in the U.S. I never thought I would spend an entire day checking cool Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages. The framework provided in class helped me come with a recommendation plan on how to structure the content of their future posts and efficiently target their customers.

With ABInbev in São Paulo, I developed ideas for the sports-related loyalty program they run with other companies (like Unilever and Burger King) and 64 soccer teams in Brazil. The program has 1.1 million members and is present in approximately 60% of the retail stores in the country. This assignment was also great because I never thought I would be visiting training centers and stadiums for work.

In my project, I ran quantitative analysis on their customer base using concepts from my Business Analytics, Consumer Insights and Advanced Analytics classes. Based on the insights, I planned a pilot project with Corinthians, the largest Brazilian soccer team, on a set of initiatives for how to improve partnership performance with sponsors, especially in their new arena (that hosted the World Cup in 2014).

All in all, it was great to try these two industries I am very passionate about. I feel that is what our time at Kellogg is about. Do something you love, have fun with it and it is likely that you will end up in a good place. My MMM toolkit helped me develop these flexible skills to achieve and succeed in my summer assignments.

Learn more about the MMM program.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: internship, marketing, MMM, MMM internship, research-design-build, sports, summer internship Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 13:44
Just finished my video essay for Kellogg.
The first one : What was your favorite class and why ?
Second was is already known.

Overall it was nice. Just tried to keep the tone conversational especially for the second one as I had prepared it.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 13:59
popov wrote:

I wasnt dressed in a suit. But you should definitely not be wearing anything that will make you look like you dont care about the video essay. Try to sit straight in your chair and wear a shirt. Anything below the waist wont be visible anyways.

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 60 [1], given: 87

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 14:11
This post received
KUDOS
jwang27 wrote:

Regarding the video essay: just be honest, smile a lot, and let your personality come through. I rambled a bit on mine and didn't have much of a point for my "getting to know you" question, but I still got in.

thanks jwang26, hawksight and engr2012...

Just finished my video essay in a suit. Overall, I rambled a bit in 1st question. Felt rushed in both. Anyways the tone and pace of my sentences matched with my normal pace. Hope they dont penalize me for rapid pace. :)

Kudos [?]: 60 [1], given: 87

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 1730 [1], given: 792

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 14:13
This post received
KUDOS
popov wrote:
jwang27 wrote:

thanks jwang26, hawksight and engr2012...

Just finished my video essay in a suit. Overall, I rambled a bit in 1st question. Felt rushed in both. Anyways the tone and pace of my sentences matched with my normal pace. Hope they dont penalize me for rapid pace. :)

Dont overanalyze it. You should be fine. Now sit back and wait for when you will get your off campus interview details.

Kudos [?]: 1730 [1], given: 792

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V50

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 14:32
Does anyone know if you can view your video essay submission or not? I haven't been able to find a way.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 16:27
Ahdmitted wrote:
Does anyone know if you can view your video essay submission or not? I haven't been able to find a way.

You can practice all you want but your actual final submission is final and you can not view it after you submit the same.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 38

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 04:13
I don't understand what you guys mean when you say that the second question asked was 'normal' or 'standard' or 'was what was expected'? Is there a list of such questions or do you mean these questions are the usual Why MBA, Why Kellogg, Short term, long term questions?

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 38

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 04:52
This post received
KUDOS
Pillarsofcreation wrote:
I don't understand what you guys mean when you say that the second question asked was 'normal' or 'standard' or 'was what was expected'? Is there a list of such questions or do you mean these questions are the usual Why MBA, Why Kellogg, Short term, long term questions?

On the Video Essay FAQ page they state the second question- "The second question will be about Kellogg. And to make this even less mysterious we are going to give you the question. Seriously. Here it is: “What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you?”"

Getting the second question ahead of time may be new this year (not sure?) since a lot of blog posts seem to focus on a variety of questions "Why Kellogg?" etc. and the practice questions all have that variety, so it might throw people off, but it's that question for the second one.

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 05:54
Pillarsofcreation wrote:

The poster above has answered your question very well. But just to add to what has already been mentioned, the 1st question will be from a list of 10 practice questions that you see on the video essay portal. For the second question, it will be the standard Why Kellogg, ST/LT goals, what do you hope to achieve at Kellogg and other possible variations of the same question.

This is the reason why the 2nd question is being called "standard" or "normal".

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.94
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 06:39
The deadline is stated as "one week after the application is due", but does anyone know if that means anytime today or by 5PM CST today?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 06:40
nautikal wrote:
The deadline is stated as "one week after the application is due", but does anyone know if that means anytime today or by 5PM CST today?

It is not mentioned anywhere but logically it should mean 5 PM CST (the same time as that for the application submission!).

Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2016, 06:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  58    Next  [ 1148 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap