GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 38
Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Jan 2018, 23:11
Didn't see a thread for MMM applicants yet! Who else applied round 1? What is everyone's background?
Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Originally posted by Prospie1123 on 19 Oct 2017, 16:55.
Last edited by Narenn on 22 Jan 2018, 23:11, edited 2 times in total.
Topic Stickied. Data tables added.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 38
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 21:45
ssuresh8 wrote:
Prospie1123 wrote:
sabtr9 wrote:
Did any other MMM applicants go to the small group dinner?


I was at the small group brunch! There were 3 MMM candidates there


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



What city was the group brunch in?


Chicago


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jul 2015
Posts: 4
Location: United States (DC)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 08:31
2 admits today-- Congrats you two!

Statistically speaking there will only be 1 more out of the 17 on the decision tracker.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 38
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 10:32
Accepted to MMM!! Very excited. Any MMMs that heard about scholarship $$


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 38
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.39
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 10:35
Prospie1123 wrote:
Accepted to MMM!! Very excited. Any MMMs that heard about scholarship $$


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Same- can't wait!! And nope nothing mentioned to me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 38
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 10:38
sabtr9 wrote:
Prospie1123 wrote:
Accepted to MMM!! Very excited. Any MMMs that heard about scholarship $$


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Same- can't wait!! And nope nothing mentioned to me.


We should exchange some real names via Private message lol. Congrats to you!!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Top Contributor
Senior RC Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 1140
Location: India
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 10:45
Top Contributor
Prospie1123 wrote:
sabtr9 wrote:
Prospie1123 wrote:
Accepted to MMM!! Very excited. Any MMMs that heard about scholarship $$


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Same- can't wait!! And nope nothing mentioned to me.


We should exchange some real names via Private message lol. Congrats to you!!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Congrats. Man, it is tough to see those schools green for most of the folks.
_________________

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Mar 2017
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 12:15
I didn't want to post before hearing back (in case I jinxed myself), but I also received the phone call today! :) Prospie1123 sabtr9, it'd be cool to exchange info and start a chat or something.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 38
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 12:25
flickster42490 wrote:
I didn't want to post before hearing back (in case I jinxed myself), but I also received the phone call today! :) Prospie1123 sabtr9, it'd be cool to exchange info and start a chat or something.

Congrats!! Yes - that is a great idea. I started a GroupMe: https://groupme.com/join_group/36851125/jNzHPO

Enjoy :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.68
WE: Business Development (Education)
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 11:48
This thread is so quiet now! Anyone her applying for the MMM program in R2?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 14
Location: United States (GA)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 12:19
Taar19 wrote:
This thread is so quiet now! Anyone her applying for the MMM program in R2?

I've been going back and forth on whether to do the regular program or MMM for some time now. I know the admissions percentages are similar, but I still can't help but feel MMM is much more competitive when considering the quality of average applicant. MMM sounds amazing, but I'm not applying to a lot of programs so I'm nervous to do do anything which would further limit my chances.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 17:01
1
This post received
KUDOS
Fluffhead83 wrote:
Taar19 wrote:
This thread is so quiet now! Anyone her applying for the MMM program in R2?

I've been going back and forth on whether to do the regular program or MMM for some time now. I know the admissions percentages are similar, but I still can't help but feel MMM is much more competitive when considering the quality of average applicant. MMM sounds amazing, but I'm not applying to a lot of programs so I'm nervous to do do anything which would further limit my chances.


My recommendation would be to take a look at your goals and determine which program they better fit with.

It may seem obvious to apply to MMM with MMM-goals...but if you apply to the regular MBA program with MMM goals I'd argue that you're almost making yourself less competitive because you made the conscious decision not to apply MMM.

Just my 2 cents, start at goals
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.68
WE: Business Development (Education)
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 05:27
I agree that it depends upon your goals. If they're MMM oriented then you might have trouble with why not MMM?
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 141
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 16:35
Am I correct in understanding that MMM starts June 25th? The academic calendar isn't very clear since if you look at the previous year (Fall Pre-Term 2017), it says Full Time Program CIM began Aug 28.

EDIT: just confirmed thanks to an old P&Q article:
Quote:
MMM students, who used to begin the program when Kellogg’s two-year MBA students arrived on campus in August, will now start in June with one MBA and one engineering class, when Kellogg’s one-year MBA students start class. Yet, incoming MMM students also will participate in pre-term and orientation activities with incoming second-year MBA students. They will graduate two years later in June, after a quarter off for an internship


Something to keep in mind for those ambivalating.
Top Contributor
Senior RC Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 1140
Location: India
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 13:51
Top Contributor
Filthydelphia wrote:
Am I correct in understanding that MMM starts June 25th? The academic calendar isn't very clear since if you look at the previous year (Fall Pre-Term 2017), it says Full Time Program CIM began Aug 28.

EDIT: just confirmed thanks to an old P&Q article:
Quote:
MMM students, who used to begin the program when Kellogg’s two-year MBA students arrived on campus in August, will now start in June with one MBA and one engineering class, when Kellogg’s one-year MBA students start class. Yet, incoming MMM students also will participate in pre-term and orientation activities with incoming second-year MBA students. They will graduate two years later in June, after a quarter off for an internship


Something to keep in mind for those ambivalating.


Yes. MMM program starts a quarter before the regular MBA program. So you will start in June and join with regular MBA's in Sept for other MBA classes.
_________________

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Apr 2017
Posts: 11
Location: United States (DC)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 17:01
Has anyone heard back about interviews yet who applied in R2 for MMM? Any idea when interviews are typically sent out?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 00:12
Just heard back on scheduling an off-campus interview.
Invited to Interview
10 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 760, Q50, V42; GPA: 3.39; WE: 59 months; United States; via Email
Top Contributor
Senior RC Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 1140
Location: India
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 10:04
Top Contributor
How many folks applied to MMM in Round-2. I see only one or two folks.
_________________

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Invited to Interview
14 Feb, 2018
12dannj GMAT: 710, Q44, V42; GPA: 3.42; WE: 75 months; United States, DC; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Apr 2017
Posts: 11
Location: United States (DC)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 05:57
Good luck to all the R2 applicants waiting to hear back today! There is a chat room set up: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat5.php?fl=menu&fl=email
Re: Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2018, 05:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 40 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg MMM (2018 intake) Class of 2020 applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.