It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:32

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 32

GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.16
Re: Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 03:53
sidceg wrote:
Ha ha! Even I was wondering the same. I have applied. Just got the interview invite. Yet to schedule. Anybody else on the same boat?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I have applied for R1, but haven't heard back from the college. Did you have a skype interview? How was it?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 05:12
yeah...i too recd an interview invite..yet to schedule though...probably around mid nov

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 08:45
IT Consulting. 3 Yrs
Just had a Skype Interview on the 3rd evening. General chilled type of MBA interview, and 15-20 mins of case. How would I start up a business around an item. Eagerly awaiting results..
Now starts the long waaaaaaiiiiiiiit.

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)
BK
Feel free to connect for a free detailed evaluation.
The Ivy League Edge
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953
Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 08:38
Jimmie86 wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Welcome to all Notre Dame Mendoza full time MBA applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

I was just admitted via the early round, looking forward to getting to know any other future students in the class!

Best of luck everyone and Go Irish!

What questions were asked in the interview ??

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 08:40
Indiguns wrote:
IT Consulting. 3 Yrs
Just had a Skype Interview on the 3rd evening. General chilled type of MBA interview, and 15-20 mins of case. How would I start up a business around an item. Eagerly awaiting results..

What all questions were asked in the interview ??

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 02:08
nimisham942 wrote:
Indiguns wrote:
IT Consulting. 3 Yrs

What all questions were asked in the interview ??

Just very general questions..
Why MBA?
Why now?
How would you contribute?
and so on...

There was ONE case study, on How would I start a business around a snack...

Total interview - 35-40 mins

BK
The Ivy League Edge
Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 10:24
I just received an interview invite. I see the skype dates available till 21st December. Since R1 decision date is 15th Dec, would there be a certain advantage to schedule interview at an earlier date?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 42

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 02:32
This post received
KUDOS
bbhawini wrote:
I just received an interview invite. I see the skype dates available till 21st December. Since R1 decision date is 15th Dec, would there be a certain advantage to schedule interview at an earlier date?

Generally speaking, if you are prepared (or near prepared now), you should interview at the earliest.

I found preparing for the Application answers, I was in a certain framework, which made me more effective. So I scheduled my interview within 7 days of the invite. preparing too long always tends to put me in an easy-go mode, and ultimately ends up hurting me more than helping me.

BK
The Ivy League Edge

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 42

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 11:21
TheIvyLeagueEdge wrote:
bbhawini wrote:

Generally speaking, if you are prepared (or near prepared now), you should interview at the earliest.

I found preparing for the Application answers, I was in a certain framework, which made me more effective. So I scheduled my interview within 7 days of the invite. preparing too long always tends to put me in an easy-go mode, and ultimately ends up hurting me more than helping me.

Thanks for your suggestion...I have scheduled the interview for next week.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 09:27
bbhawini wrote:
TheIvyLeagueEdge wrote:
bbhawini wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion...I have scheduled the interview for next week.

Best of Luck BBhawini
Do help out the forum members with the questions that were asked.

BK
The Ivy League Edge

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 07:46
This a weird (and hopefully not offensive) question...but...should a Jewish person apply to Mendoza? Specifically, is it required to attend any religious services or courses?

I've looked into a few other religious schools (like CMU) but they do not have specific courses for religion, and they have some kind of Jewish organization on-campus (usually a Hillel). Notre Dame doesn't...which makes me wonder if my religion is even tolerated. I don't want to go to a program where I'd be pressured to convert or feel uncomfortable for being different. I'd rather not even attend grad school.

Intern
Intern
B

Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 23:50
parassagi wrote:
For me it was related to something I was doing. It was mostly a guestimate question, asking me to guesstimate the number of cycles manufactured in India.

Case questions are NEVER EVER Guesstimates. The Path you follow gets you all the marks. NO case question ever cares for the answer (even if you got the exact number right).
The good news is, Thinking in Structured methodology is neither difficult, nor a domain of the calculation geeks. The bad news is, if you did not take the interviewer through the full analysis methodology, you bombed the interview.

BK
The Ivy League Edge

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 58

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 23:59
Hey,

I have my interview lined up on the 20th Nov. Any last minute tips/suggestions ?

It would be great if you guys could guide me a little on how to tackle the Case study/ Guesstimate questions ? Any material I should take reference from ?

I am also up for a practice mock interview, if anyone's interested in that.

I know all this is last minute but I guess better late than never :) Thank you guys in advance.

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GRE 1: 318 Q164 V154
GPA: 3.73
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 02:44
LJ91 wrote:
Hey,

I have my interview lined up on the 20th Nov. Any last minute tips/suggestions ?

It would be great if you guys could guide me a little on how to tackle the Case study/ Guesstimate questions ? Any material I should take reference from ?

I know all this is last minute but I guess better late than never :) Thank you guys in advance.

Hi,

I just got admission confirmation yesterday.Had a long 1.5 hrs interview on 16th. I was taken out of ED wait list. So all the usual questions were asked and for the Case study, the question was regarding "What factors should an executive manager of a well known International Hotel chain consider while justifying expansion into LATAM countries, for instance say Venuzuela". I was given 5 minutes to jot down factors and then I attempted to explain them by relating to common consumer expectations/experiences I have heard of or had personally experienced. Relating or effectively transitioning from one factor to another when explaining them( was asked not to order them priority wise) can prove to be helpful. I thought the interviewer completely approved of this technique and enjoyed our conversation. In general it was a very pleasurable and casual style of conversation which is far far away from interrogative style of interviewing. Yes it was blind Interview. Make sure you emphasize on your commitment to join Notre Dame and make it heard.I almost explicitly mentioned the same thrice. Read up about the curriculum and justify how it is a great fit for you during interview. Good Luck to you,fellow aspirant.

On a separate note, if there is a separate forum/facebook page/ whatsapp group for those of us who got admitted, I want in. Please add +918981961286 for whatsapp or https://www.facebook.com/amitkumarroy for facebook

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 05:07
roy123 wrote:
LJ91 wrote:
Hey,

Hi,

I just got admission confirmation yesterday.Had a long 1.5 hrs interview on 16th. I was taken out of ED wait list. So all the usual questions were asked and for the Case study, the question was regarding "What factors should an executive manager of a well known International Hotel chain consider while justifying expansion into LATAM countries, for instance say Venuzuela". I was given 5 minutes to jot down factors and then I attempted to explain them by relating to common consumer expectations/experiences I have heard of or had personally experienced. Relating or effectively transitioning from one factor to another when explaining them( was asked not to order them priority wise) can prove to be helpful. I thought the interviewer completely approved of this technique and enjoyed our conversation. In general it was a very pleasurable and casual style of conversation which is far far away from interrogative style of interviewing. Yes it was blind Interview. Make sure you emphasize on your commitment to join Notre Dame and make it heard.I almost explicitly mentioned the same thrice. Read up about the curriculum and justify how it is a great fit for you during interview. Good Luck to you,fellow aspirant.

On a separate note, if there is a separate forum/facebook page/ whatsapp group for those of us who got admitted, I want in. Please add +918981961286 for whatsapp or

Thanks for your response and congrats on the admission confirmation. They gave it to you right after your interview ?

1.5 hours ? That's really long. I heard the interviews usually last 40-45 mins.

Regarding the case study - Was this related to your industry or work experience ?

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GRE 1: 318 Q164 V154
GPA: 3.73
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 05:55
LJ91 wrote:
roy123 wrote:
LJ91 wrote:
Hey,

Hi,

On a separate note, if there is a separate forum/facebook page/ whatsapp group for those of us who got admitted, I want in. Please add +918981961286 for whatsapp or

Thanks for your response and congrats on the admission confirmation. They gave it to you right after your interview ?

1.5 hours ? That's really long. I heard the interviews usually last 40-45 mins.

Regarding the case study - Was this related to your industry or work experience ?

I had a scholarship deadline to meet so I requested them to speed up their response. Mine was longer than 45 minutes and I was as surprised as you are. My case study was not in accordance to my industry or work experience. My years of reading online blogs kind of saved my back in this.

BSchool Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 06:37
roy123 wrote:
LJ91 wrote:
Hey,

Hi,

On a separate note, if there is a separate forum/facebook page/ whatsapp group for those of us who got admitted, I want in. Please add +918981961286 for whatsapp or https://www.facebook.com/amitkumarroy for facebook

Hey congratulations for the admission !!

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 17:30
greatmightypoo wrote:
This a weird (and hopefully not offensive) question...but...should a Jewish person apply to Mendoza? Specifically, is it required to attend any religious services or courses?

I've looked into a few other religious schools (like CMU) but they do not have specific courses for religion, and they have some kind of Jewish organization on-campus (usually a Hillel). Notre Dame doesn't...which makes me wonder if my religion is even tolerated. I don't want to go to a program where I'd be pressured to convert or feel uncomfortable for being different. I'd rather not even attend grad school.

Bump...?

I'm going to apply but I take it from the ignore that I probably shouldn't...

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 00:08
greatmightypoo wrote:
greatmightypoo wrote:

Bump...?

I'm going to apply but I take it from the ignore that I probably shouldn't...
I don't think they'll force you or anyone else to convert to Christianity. If its a very vital issue to you, then you should mail them and ask.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 03:51
TheIvyLeagueEdge wrote:
parassagi wrote:
For me it was related to something I was doing. It was mostly a guestimate question, asking me to guesstimate the number of cycles manufactured in India.

Case questions are NEVER EVER Guesstimates. The Path you follow gets you all the marks. NO case question ever cares for the answer (even if you got the exact number right).
The good news is, Thinking in Structured methodology is neither difficult, nor a domain of the calculation geeks. The bad news is, if you did not take the interviewer through the full analysis methodology, you bombed the interview.

Buddy, I just gave my experience and in my case it was a guesstimate question but generally they give peeps a case. Now I agree with the case approach you mentioned but obviously I think you are smart enough to know that one has to follow the same process for the guesstimate question. I mean obviously I did not just uttered the guesstimated number, I gave a structured response articulating the factors I considered. Else I would have bombed the interview my self and not get an admit with Schol. Hope it clears your doubt.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2017, 03:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 52 posts ] 

Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap