It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 11:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 190

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 21:12
JainShubham wrote:
Congratulation guys! All the best for your future.

I was getting some jitters, so thought of reaching out to the people who have gone through the process.

1) Any tips for Video essays?, where to begin, what questions to prepare? How does the process work?
2) I'm an international candidate, so can I just upload the scanned copy of original transcripts and later on if I get admitted, could send over the original docs by mail-post as well.
3)Would be great if anyone could PM the set of recommendation questions, would be a great for me to help chose my recommendors.

Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate your help. :)

1. The video essays are pretty similar to the speaking section of the TOEFL. You're given a question, you have some time (less than a minute) to think about your answer and then you answer the question but in this case, it's in front of a camera. Before the whole essay section starts you can practice with a set of practice questions as much as you want. Once you choose to start the real test then you get only one take to answer the question. The technology used is KIRA. You can google it to get some more information.
2. I uploaded my scanned transcript but I also sent in the originals before the deadline just to be sure. Don't really know if they're ok with you sending the docs later. Ask adcom to be sure.
3. From what my recommender told me, there are 6 questions asking about potential, achievements, strengths, weaknesses etc.

best of luck!

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.68
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 21:13
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Hey guys,

Need help with recommendation letters. I would like to know if there are any specific questions that are asked. Otherwise, can I just ask my references to write about my performance in general? with focus on my leadership, along with examples where I excelled. My question is , if the recommendation is more generic in nature, so I can use the same for other schools as well. Obviously, I cannot ask my references to write school specific letters.

Any help on this is much appreciated

Sid

please read my post above

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2016, 20:38
Any more interview invites? I applied on 17th October and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.87
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2016, 22:08
In the same boat my friend. Don't know what to expect. I guess we need to stay positive and have to wait till the time we receive any decision. Cheers! :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 00:11
Sayan321 wrote:
In the same boat my friend. Don't know what to expect. I guess we need to stay positive and have to wait till the time we receive any decision. Cheers! :)

I guess so. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 08:57
bolenath316 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone filed an application under the cfa level 3 criterion, taking a GMAT exemption? Any idea if applicants with a GMAT may be given a preference for review of application?

Submitted my app on 16th Oct 16.

Thanks

Hi, did you hear back from the school yet. I have also filed my application under CFA Level 3 criteria and have not heard back yet. Thanks in advance!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 13:27
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Guys i have a few questions

Firstly status
Applied: Oct 31 2016 (R2)
Interview Invite: Nov 25 2016
Interviewed: Nov 30 2016
Interviewed by: Vishal

Questions
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Why MBA
3. Why Rotman
4. How do you deal with setbacks?
5. Situation when you had to convince your manager/colleague
6. What do you do for personal development
7. Any questions for me?

At the end he asked "Should I know about any deadlines from other universities?" I am kind of confused. What does it mean? Also he asked me if I have applied to other schools. I said I did but did not mention the names. Is it asked generally?

He said he would try to get back to me within the next 2 weeks although he said it might get delayed because of R1 decision deadline.

I did okay I think although these last questions confused me.

Any clarity would be greatly appreciated.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 14

GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 08:34
Hi! The wait is finally over. Tara just called to inform me that I got admitted with 10,000 scholarship. I can finally breathe properly. Good luck to everyone and see you next year!!! :-D :-D :-D

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 08:44
sheiquiroga wrote:
Hi! The wait is finally over. Tara just called to inform me that I got admitted with 10,000 scholarship. I can finally breathe properly. Good luck to everyone and see you next year!!! :-D :-D :-D

Whats your profile and clarity on the timeline?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 09:09
sheiquiroga wrote:

Congrats! When did you have your interview?

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager
B

GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 09:33
Completed my application: October 10
Invited to interview: October 27
Actual interview: November 10
Admission: December 1

Profile: Filipino-Chinese, more than 2 years experience in Marketing Management (Construction Industry and Printing Industry), 3.46 GPA, 660 GMAT, 105 TOEFL, studied in Beijing for Mandarin and consistently ranked at the top of the class.
Extracurricular: Wushu Martial Arts, Swimming, active member of my church, and I volunteer at CARA, an animal welfare group who rescued more than 200 pitbulls from online dog fighting syndicates.

I hope I could bring in some hope to those with similar profile. Just keep on praying everyday and make them specific prayers! :)

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 21:53
Guys, any more interview update from Rotman. It has been over a month and I have not heard back anything. With the decision date just 10 days away, I am losing hopes. Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 22:51
Sayan321 wrote:
Guys, any more interview update from Rotman. It has been over a month and I have not heard back anything. With the decision date just 10 days away, I am losing hopes. Thanks!

Hey man, that's the case with my application too. Getting to me now...

Anybody's application got rejected so far?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

GPA: 3.5
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 07:36
shussain wrote:
Sayan321 wrote:

Hey man, that's the case with my application too. Getting to me now...

Anybody's application got rejected so far?

Any more interview invites? Any rejections so far without interview invites? This anxiety is killing!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 11:21
My personal experience says that with the increase in time, chances get low. Not that the chances of rejection get high. There is a difference b/w both. From what I know, Rotman interviews by picking stronger profiles first and keeps sending them admits.

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 79

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 16:43
Just got a call.

Got in with $10000 scholarship. R2.

Intern
Intern

Schools: Rotman '19

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 23:06
Joining the roller coaster ride a bit late. I am hoping that it is not too late. Just completed 6 years of a crazy fun experience in sports and event managemen. GMAT was alright, was doing rather well in my mocks, on test day somehow did not hit the magical 700 mark (got a 680).

Looking at Rotman, Schulich and Queen's.

I always get to hear good thing about this school which makes me almost wonder if it is too good to be true.

Any big red flags/concerns that have come up in your research? It would help all of us make an informed decision. Toronto is of course one of the big reasons for their success but I wonder with such high immigration numbers, if the country is able to keep pace with the employment opportunities that we are eyeing??

Also, Schulich is almost 10 K less and a shorter program, any info on how much money can I make in an internship to offshoot the additional program cost?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 03:26
susrutgautambharali wrote:
Just got a call.

Congrats! Please share your application details.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 04:57
jaiconsulting wrote:
Joining the roller coaster ride a bit late. I am hoping that it is not too late. Just completed 6 years of a crazy fun experience in sports and event managemen. GMAT was alright, was doing rather well in my mocks, on test day somehow did not hit the magical 700 mark (got a 680).

Looking at Rotman, Schulich and Queen's.

I always get to hear good thing about this school which makes me almost wonder if it is too good to be true.

Any big red flags/concerns that have come up in your research? It would help all of us make an informed decision. Toronto is of course one of the big reasons for their success but I wonder with such high immigration numbers, if the country is able to keep pace with the employment opportunities that we are eyeing??

Also, Schulich is almost 10 K less and a shorter program, any info on how much money can I make in an internship to offshoot the additional program cost?

Rotman is a world-class school, and I'm not just saying that because I'm an alum. The education here is top rate, and so are the opportunities. Ivey and Rotman are the only target schools for everyone. To my knowledge, not all the big companies bother with Schulich or Queen's (correct me if I'm wrong).

Red flags from first hand experience? The flip side of being a target school, while the opportunities here are great, they are limited, and will be even more limited in the future. The school isn't competing with the likes of Schulich or Queen's, Rotman wants to compete with the Harvards and Whartons of business schools. To do this, they need to increase their class size, and they've been ramping that up very quickly these past few years. The purpose is to attract big companies who need to invest in recruiting so they hit more applicants in one trip. The problem is, the job market isn't growing as fast as the school is growing, so you'd get the same amount of on-campus hires by absolute number (not a percentage) even with a higher class size. And this sucks, even more so for international students.

There's info on the school's brochures on how much internships make, but that's an average. It's highly dependent on the industry you're chasing. If you get into the big consulting firms, expect to make $25K over ten weeks (pre-tax).

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 07:09
Deeas wrote:
susrutgautambharali wrote:
Just got a call.

Congrats! Please share your application details.

Applied: Oct 31 2016 (R2)
Interview Invite: Nov 25 2016
Interviewed: Nov 30 2016
Admitted: Dec 6 2016

Indian guy working as a petroleum engineer in Houston, Texas.
GMAT 730
Undergraduate degree: Petroleum Engineering, University of Pune
Graduate Degree: Petroleum Engineering, University of Houston
WE: 3 Years

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2016, 07:09

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  30    Next  [ 587 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap