Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Here's a little information to stress you guys out even more (sorry)...

The deadline the school imposes on themselves to give you a reply is a soft deadline; it's just a guideline. If the volume of applicants is particularly high, it's not unheard of for the admissions team to take a few weeks longer to process that Round's applicants, and everything just gets pushed back.

This happened in my year; things were fine in Round 2 but they told me that they got unexpectedly high volume for Round 3 and couldn't meet their deadline, so they pushed it back. Sometimes they'll email you to let you know, sometimes they won't. It's just the way it is.

There's also a theory floating around that the Canadian business schools might get a jump in the number of applicants because of Trump. Haven't seen the numbers so I don't know...

For those of you still waiting to hear back, stop freaking out, it gets you nowhere. Just because they haven't responded by their self-imposed deadline doesn't mean it's a rejection; it's not a ding until they tell you themselves.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Invited to interview for 20th December !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
@venkpen89 wrote:

That's good news. Which round did you apply in?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nikhilgupta1990 wrote:
@venkpen89 wrote:

That's good news. Which round did you apply in?

Applied on 13th Nov (R2)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
jigglypuff wrote:

The deadline the school imposes on themselves to give you a reply is a soft deadline; it's just a guideline. If the volume of applicants is particularly high, it's not unheard of for the admissions team to take a few weeks longer to process that Round's applicants, and everything just gets pushed back.

This happened in my year; things were fine in Round 2 but they told me that they got unexpectedly high volume for Round 3 and couldn't meet their deadline, so they pushed it back. Sometimes they'll email you to let you know, sometimes they won't. It's just the way it is.

There's also a theory floating around that the Canadian business schools might get a jump in the number of applicants because of Trump. Haven't seen the numbers so I don't know...

For those of you still waiting to hear back, stop freaking out, it gets you nowhere. Just because they haven't responded by their self-imposed deadline doesn't mean it's a rejection; it's not a ding until they tell you themselves.

I got waitlisted post interview (round 1). Extremely disappointed because I thought the interview went really well. I'm a second mba candidate with GMAT 760 and 4.5 years of post MBA work-ex.

Any idea about waitlist movement trends from the previous years?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
blueblood wrote:
jigglypuff wrote:

I got waitlisted post interview (round 1). Extremely disappointed because I thought the interview went really well. I'm a second mba candidate with GMAT 760 and 4.5 years of post MBA work-ex.

@blueblood can you post details on your profile?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
blueblood wrote:
jigglypuff wrote:

Had an interview on 29th November and heard today that I've been put on waitlist. I am a round 1 applicant, 730 GMAT and the interview went pretty well as well (or so I think!). Kinda disappointed! Are there any figures how many waitlisted candidates actually convert?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So December 16th was supposed to be the decision date for Round 1 applicants, and I'm still yet to hear from the school. Does anyone have any insight regarding this?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
nikhilgupta1990 wrote:
So December 16th was supposed to be the decision date for Round 1 applicants, and I'm still yet to hear from the school. Does anyone have any insight regarding this?

Based on my research, Rotman came out with decisions late in the past as well. Even I am waiting for a final decision from the school.

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

Any update/ email from Rotman?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Done with the interview today !

Was told that the school is closed from tomorrow till the 2nd of Jan. Expecting a result in the first week of Jan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just received an email 4 days after the decision deadline for Round 1. Waitlisted without an interview. A little confused . Any chance of getting interviewed in January?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nikhilgupta1990 wrote:
Just received an email 4 days after the decision deadline for Round 1. Waitlisted without an interview. A little confused . Any chance of getting interviewed in January?

No chance in January. From anecdotal evidence, you're probably going to be waiting until May before they'll let you know one way or another.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi All

Need to clarify on the requirements for Rotmann. I completed my graduation from University of Delhi (3 year degree) and planning to apply in R3.
Even though I have heard that a lot of DU students are in Rotmann, just need to know whether they Accept a 3 year undergrad degree from DU.

Would have mailed the Rotmann adcom directly but the university is closed till 3rd Jan.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hi guys!
A late Merry Christmas to you all!

I am an applicant from China and I planned on apply to Rotman for 2017 intake in R2.
I've scored 670 in GMAT (Q48 V34) and 7.5 in IELTS (L: 7.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 6.5)
My GPA is around 3.4/4
I worked 2 years in Saudi Arabia in the filed of project management.

As a matter a fact, I shoot for 5 school together and they are Rotman( toronto), Smith( queens), Degroote(mcmaster), Lazaridis( Laurier) and Haskayne( Calgary). Rotman is the only school which I haven't completed on.
Up to now, Mcmaster has scheduled an interview with me on 5th of Jan. and Queens has moved my application to its 2018 Jan. Intake due to my late submission.

However, after reading along all your profiles in this thread, I feel unconfident about mine...
Do you think i should give up on Rotman and focus on other schools since there seems to be no chance for me to compete?
Would like to hear from your suggestions.

Thanks a lot and wish you guys all the best on Rotman application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
KatastroficR wrote:
hi guys!
A late Merry Christmas to you all!

I am an applicant from China and I planned on apply to Rotman for 2017 intake in R2.
I've scored 670 in GMAT (Q48 V34) and 7.5 in IELTS (L: 7.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 6.5)
My GPA is around 3.4/4
I worked 2 years in Saudi Arabia in the filed of project management.

As a matter a fact, I shoot for 5 school together and they are Rotman( toronto), Smith( queens), Degroote(mcmaster), Lazaridis( Laurier) and Haskayne( Calgary). Rotman is the only school which I haven't completed on.
Up to now, Mcmaster has scheduled an interview with me on 5th of Jan. and Queens has moved my application to its 2018 Jan. Intake due to my late submission.

However, after reading along all your profiles in this thread, I feel unconfident about mine...
Do you think i should give up on Rotman and focus on other schools since there seems to be no chance for me to compete?
Would like to hear from your suggestions.

Thanks a lot and wish you guys all the best on Rotman application.

Only you can answer that question. Start thinking like an MBA.

What's the cost for you to complete that application? This cost includes the financial cost, as well as the opportunity cost of time that could've been spent working on other applications. What does this cost mean to you personally?

What's the benefit of the probability of you getting in? It's difficult to predict what chances anyone has of getting in, but let's say it's 50%; what does the benefit of a 50% chance of getting in mean to you? Is a 10% chance of getting in at Rotman better than a 90% chance getting in at DeGroote? When I was in my submission phase, my answer was a definitive yes. I was pretty much guaranteed a seat and a scholarship at DeGroote, yet I would've given this up for a 10% chance at Rotman. But this is your decision to make; only you would know what these decisions would mean to you.

Now do the cost-benefit analysis and decide which way you should take.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys - just a quick question on the video essay portion - are we allowed to go through the practice questions and then quit and do the actual video essay another time? Or once you click "check in" and go through the practice questions you're obligated to finish the real thing?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts