It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 12:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 22:28
Smileyface123 wrote:
Hey guys - just a quick question on the video essay portion - are we allowed to go through the practice questions and then quit and do the actual video essay another time? Or once you click "check in" and go through the practice questions you're obligated to finish the real thing?

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, you can practice as much as you want (although there are only 3-4 practice questing rolling) before you start actual session.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 10:17
Deeas wrote:
Smileyface123 wrote:
Hey guys - just a quick question on the video essay portion - are we allowed to go through the practice questions and then quit and do the actual video essay another time? Or once you click "check in" and go through the practice questions you're obligated to finish the real thing?

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, you can practice as much as you want (although there are only 3-4 practice questing rolling) before you start actual session.

Thanks! So I am able to exit out and restart the actual session another time correct? Thanks for the help!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 21:58
Smileyface123 wrote:
Deeas wrote:
Smileyface123 wrote:

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks! So I am able to exit out and restart the actual session another time correct? Thanks for the help!

Correct, you can log in and out as many times as you need until you start your actual session.

Intern
Intern

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2016, 19:48
jigglypuff wrote:
KatastroficR wrote:
hi guys!
A late Merry Christmas to you all!

I am an applicant from China and I planned on apply to Rotman for 2017 intake in R2.
I've scored 670 in GMAT (Q48 V34) and 7.5 in IELTS (L: 7.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 6.5)
My GPA is around 3.4/4
I worked 2 years in Saudi Arabia in the filed of project management.

As a matter a fact, I shoot for 5 school together and they are Rotman( toronto), Smith( queens), Degroote(mcmaster), Lazaridis( Laurier) and Haskayne( Calgary). Rotman is the only school which I haven't completed on.
Up to now, Mcmaster has scheduled an interview with me on 5th of Jan. and Queens has moved my application to its 2018 Jan. Intake due to my late submission.

However, after reading along all your profiles in this thread, I feel unconfident about mine...
Do you think i should give up on Rotman and focus on other schools since there seems to be no chance for me to compete?
Would like to hear from your suggestions.

Thanks a lot and wish you guys all the best on Rotman application.

Only you can answer that question. Start thinking like an MBA.

What's the cost for you to complete that application? This cost includes the financial cost, as well as the opportunity cost of time that could've been spent working on other applications. What does this cost mean to you personally?

What's the benefit of the probability of you getting in? It's difficult to predict what chances anyone has of getting in, but let's say it's 50%; what does the benefit of a 50% chance of getting in mean to you? Is a 10% chance of getting in at Rotman better than a 90% chance getting in at DeGroote? When I was in my submission phase, my answer was a definitive yes. I was pretty much guaranteed a seat and a scholarship at DeGroote, yet I would've given this up for a 10% chance at Rotman. But this is your decision to make; only you would know what these decisions would mean to you.

Now do the cost-benefit analysis and decide which way you should take.

Dear Jigglypuff,
Thanks for your kind and inspiring reply!
I've already started to work with all my effort on my essay.
Succeed or not, it's an invaluable improvement for me.

Happy new year!

Best regards

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2016, 22:51
Hello, I need urgent help with my Rotman Essay -1. I am applying in R-2, deadline is on 09/01/2017.

Should I frame my essay like : Fast-forward to 10 next years and then reflect back on what I gained during the last 10 years out of MBA ?

OR

Should I reflect on next 10 years, sitting in present tense, and then describe my career goals for next 10 years and how a Rotman MBA will help achieve that.....?

The Essay topic is: When you reflect 10 years from now, how will you measure your MBA experience? (500 words)

Please help....!!

profile: female engineer from reputed Indian college, CGPA - 8.21/10.00
GMAT 690 (5/6/50/34)
work ex- 6.5 years in Oil & Gas major, good knowledge of sales-marketing

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.67

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2016, 23:31
ladybird66 wrote:
Hello, I need urgent help with my Rotman Essay -1. I am applying in R-2, deadline is on 09/01/2017.

Should I frame my essay like : Fast-forward to 10 next years and then reflect back on what I gained during the last 10 years out of MBA ?

OR

Should I reflect on next 10 years, sitting in present tense, and then describe my career goals for next 10 years and how a Rotman MBA will help achieve that.....?

The Essay topic is: When you reflect 10 years from now, how will you measure your MBA experience? (500 words)

Please help....!!

GMAT 690 (5/6/50/34)

fast forward 10 years and then reflect back.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2017, 16:51
ladybird66 wrote:

OR

Please help....!!

GMAT 690 (5/6/50/34)

Hi,

Fast forward and then reflect and also mention how Rotman would have played a role.

Cheers,

George

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2017, 17:14
Submitted application today using the CFA exemption for GMAT. My UG grades are pretty terrible too - about a 2.6 in the final year.
Felt like I might have stumbled a bit on the video questions.

Let's see what happens. Good luck to everyone else.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 9

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 20:30
DealMonkey wrote:
Submitted application today using the CFA exemption for GMAT. My UG grades are pretty terrible too - about a 2.6 in the final year.

In the form did you see a section for submitting your marks/GPA as of now I only see the option to add your university and details like when did you attend. Will they be using just the transcripts we sent to find the aggregate without asking it in the form.

Please help urgently as I was hoping to submit it in the today/tomorrow :)

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 21:08
hheena19 wrote:
DealMonkey wrote:

In the form did you see a section for submitting your marks/GPA as of now I only see the option to add your university and details like when did you attend. Will they be using just the transcripts we sent to find the aggregate without asking it in the form.

You submit them where you submit your resume and references - the supplemental items section under my account.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 07:50
DealMonkey wrote:
hheena19 wrote:
DealMonkey wrote:

You submit them where you submit your resume and references - the supplemental items section under my account.

That's the transcripts section I was referring to filling exact marks. I was apprehensive because my university reports it in marks rather than GPA so the manual conversion to GPA might be less. I am hoping they use the year passed out and university for calculating GPA relatively

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 14:37
hheena19 wrote:

That's the transcripts section I was referring to filling exact marks. I was apprehensive because my university reports it in marks rather than GPA so the manual conversion to GPA might be less. I am hoping they use the year passed out and university for calculating GPA relatively

Not sure I understand here? You just need to upload the transcript for your 3-4 years in university in the section it asks for Unofficial transcripts.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 184

GPA: 3.6
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 09:01
Rotman2016 and jigglypuff - Do international applicants have a realistic shot in Round 3? Most US schools have a strict Jan deadline for internationals. Is Rotman more accommodating in this area? The website mentions that Round 3 is the last deadline for internationals and they have rolling admissions.

I'm not satisfied with my application yet and would like to submit 1-2 weeks after their Round 2 deadline but I want to know if my chances of admission get drastically reduced if I apply in Round 3 instead of Round 2? Especially since I'm an Indian and thus belong to a competitive pool of applicants.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 184

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Other, Accounting
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 23:41
Does anyone here feel that you do not perform well in the video essay and still get an interview invite? For the first question, I think the screen only showed my face ( not the shoulder) but I did not adjust it to focus on my answer more. However I did adjust the screen in my answer to the second question. Still worried though bcz of the bad delivery of the first answer

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Research (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 23:45
Not sure, if I am rejected or in the waitlist. I submitted my application on oct 18 and have not received any response from the admission team after that.

I believe I have a decent profile with 3.5 yeas of work ex in a leading business research firm (monitor consulting spin off), early promotions, and 720 GMAT score.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.15

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 00:33
sharma.jatin1992@gmail.com wrote:
Not sure, if I am rejected or in the waitlist. I submitted my application on oct 18 and have not received any response from the admission team after that.

I believe I have a decent profile with 3.5 yeas of work ex in a leading business research firm (monitor consulting spin off), early promotions, and 720 GMAT score.

Since you applied on October 18th, you're application falls in the bracket of the 2nd round of applications. You'll have to wait till the decision deadline of Round 2 for them to get back to you.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.41

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 05:54
thuytienvt1706 wrote:
Does anyone here feel that you do not perform well in the video essay and still get an interview invite? For the first question, I think the screen only showed my face ( not the shoulder) but I did not adjust it to focus on my answer more. However I did adjust the screen in my answer to the second question. Still worried though bcz of the bad delivery of the first answer

Bottom line is you have already got the interview invite, right? Then it's interview preparation time :-D

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 0

Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 11:36
This post received
KUDOS
thuytienvt1706 wrote:

I don't think they care how well you filmed yourself; the School isn't testing anyone on video skills, but rather the answers they come up with. I've heard of much crappier videos from my classmates at Rotman. Unless you did the video naked or otherwise dressed like a slob; I highly doubt they care.

Kudos [?]: 39 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 20:38
jigglypuff wrote:
thuytienvt1706 wrote:

I don't think they care how well you filmed yourself; the School isn't testing anyone on video skills, but rather the answers they come up with. I've heard of much crappier videos from my classmates at Rotman. Unless you did the video naked or otherwise dressed like a slob; I highly doubt they care.

Tks jigglypuff a lot for your answer. It lifts up my mood! :-D

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 20:39
Kelvin91 wrote:
thuytienvt1706 wrote:

Bottom line is you have already got the interview invite, right? Then it's interview preparation time :-D

No Kelvin91, I just submitted the application on 9 Jan and there is no invitation yet.

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2017, 20:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  30    Next  [ 587 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap