Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
hey Kelvin91 can you please let me know how was the interview with Rotman Adcomand with McGill Adcom as well...and what all they asked..and yes congrats to your admit at both b schools....and for your dilemma to decide where to go I would suggest you to join that school which fulfills your future goals more strongly...thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
hey Kelvin91 can you please let me know how was the interview with Rotman Adcomand with McGill Adcom as well...and what all they asked..and yes congrats to your admit at both b schools....and for your dilemma to decide where to go I would suggest you to join that school which fulfills your future goals more strongly...thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [2]
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Kudos
Kelvin91 wrote:
Guys.

I am admitted to Rotman with 15k scholarship. However, I'm now in a dilemma. I received higher amount of scholarship from McGill.
Tuition fee and living costs are higher in Toronto but employability for non French speaker like me is obviously better in Toronto than Montreal. I want to get into Business Development after graduation. Any advice, please?

Profile:
Male
Vietnamese national, studied and worked in Singapore
Industry: automotive
Date of submission: 9/11/2016
Date of interview: 17/1/2017
Date of result: 24/1/2017
GPA: 3.4/4.0
GMAT: 730
Experience: 3.5 years

Posted from my mobile device

If I was in your shoes, I'd still go to Rotman. I didn't look at my financial situation, I just looked at the School, what I can get out of the education and extracurriculars, and my post-MBA experience. I think it's invaluable to be posted in downtown Toronto: the networking opportunities you get and the out-of-class learning you get just can't be found anywhere else in Canada. Is this worth the extra scholarship and lower tuition and cost of living in Montreal? For me it is. The only way I'd have chosen to go to Desautels is if I got dinged at Rotman; even then I might have just chosen to go to the States or Europe.

But this is your decision, so it's tough. What does that gap in the financial situation mean to you...

Also, going to Desautels and finding a job in Toronto, is not that easy. Recruiters hire locally. Do not expect any help from the Desautels career centre if you're looking to relocate after the MBA, because most likely they won't have the reach. You are also hours away and it's not cheap to travel from Montreal to Toronto quickly if you have interviews or coffee chats. Not saying it's impossible to make the leap to Toronto from Desautels, just saying it's harder than you think especially since you're an international student and will have no network in Toronto to work from.

PS - I can't speak for Desautels since I never intended on going there and never looked into them, but Rotman has a great Business Development and Business Design programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Schools: CEIBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Kelvin91 wrote:
Guys.

I am admitted to Rotman with 15k scholarship. However, I'm now in a dilemma. I received higher amount of scholarship from McGill.
Tuition fee and living costs are higher in Toronto but employability for non French speaker like me is obviously better in Toronto than Montreal. I want to get into Business Development after graduation. Any advice, please?

Profile:
Male

Congratulations Kevin!

It is a great situation to be in. Choosing a business school is a decision that will shape your future life, and you must choose wisely.

Having said that, there is hardly a choice to make here. From what I have read, I get a sense that Rotman has everything else going for it, and Deseutels is cheaper. Unless the investment needed for going to Rotman was a mountain too high, I would have gone for Rotman. And I believe Marvin Gaye, when he says - ain't no mountain high enough.

Also, while we are still on dilemmas, check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeZCNs46YA8

Wish you the very best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 510 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 570 Q40 V28
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Kelvin91....
Many congratulations on your admit on the primers....
Meanwhile there is simply no other answer to your question that going to Rotman will pay you back so fast that you may think as rightly described by jigglypuff.... also, check the mcgill review of one of the current students on gmatclub school reviews, and look for the rotman videos on youtube, it will certainly give you a better, way better idea.

All the very best for your right decision in progressing your future.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Mendoza '19
Send PM
Hi ! I applied in R2. Done with my interview on 18th Jan.
Now feeling jittery since then ! I was told the results would be told in a week .
Anyone who can tell the probable chances to convert ?
The interview went good according to me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
Hey Guys ! I applied on 9th January. Is it too soon to expect any reply ? Should I write to Adcom asking for an update or will that be useless ?
They have their standard responses ready. Nevertheless, it worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
prashant2290 wrote:
Hey Guys ! I applied on 9th January. Is it too soon to expect any reply ? Should I write to Adcom asking for an update or will that be useless ?

Hey, I applied on 9th Jan too. I read an article on wsj reporting there is around 20% surge in applicants to Rotman this year (indirect Trump effect?). Thus, the Adcom should be much more busy so I think we should be patient and wait.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
summertimesadness wrote:
prashant2290 wrote:

Hey, I applied on 9th Jan too. I read an article on wsj reporting there is around 20% surge in applicants to Rotman this year (indirect Trump effect?). Thus, the Adcom should be much more busy so I think we should be patient and wait.

So, I had applied in Round 1 and was interviewed just yesterday- almost three months from the day I filled in the application. You'll just have to sit tight and wait.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Did any round 2 applicant who applied in Jan received an interview invite?

I think no one has....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools: CEIBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
krutik123 wrote:
They have their standard responses ready. Nevertheless, it worth a try.

Yes, they responded saying that they'll get back latest by the second round decision deadline - Feb 24.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applied R2 and just got an invite to interview.

JD/MBA candidate, already offered JD admission.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Mendoza '19
Send PM
nikhilgupta1990 wrote:
summertimesadness wrote:
prashant2290 wrote:

So, I had applied in Round 1 and was interviewed just yesterday- almost three months from the day I filled in the application. You'll just have to sit tight and wait.

Hi ,
After being interviewed did they tell by when will you be notified ?
I had my interview after R2 submission on wednesday 18 th but have not heard anything on results yet ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
I submitted in R2 as well but received no communication till now. Is it a rejection? Should I mail someone to ask?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
vks0088 wrote:

Hey vks0088, my both interviews lasted about 40-45 mins with standard questions like: why MBA, why this school, how you defined your success, what your short and long term goals are, some behavioral questions. Some of the guys have posted the interview questions in the discussion threads for Desautels and Rotman. Those are essentially the questions being asked in the interview.

I personally feel these interviews like conversations to get to know you better and if the program aligns with your values and career aspirations.

Best of luck for your applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jigglypuff wrote:
Kelvin91 wrote:
Guys.

Profile:
Male

If I was in your shoes, I'd still go to Rotman. I didn't look at my financial situation, I just looked at the School, what I can get out of the education and extracurriculars, and my post-MBA experience. I think it's invaluable to be posted in downtown Toronto: the networking opportunities you get and the out-of-class learning you get just can't be found anywhere else in Canada. Is this worth the extra scholarship and lower tuition and cost of living in Montreal? For me it is. The only way I'd have chosen to go to Desautels is if I got dinged at Rotman; even then I might have just chosen to go to the States or Europe.

But this is your decision, so it's tough. What does that gap in the financial situation mean to you...

Also, going to Desautels and finding a job in Toronto, is not that easy. Recruiters hire locally. Do not expect any help from the Desautels career centre if you're looking to relocate after the MBA, because most likely they won't have the reach. You are also hours away and it's not cheap to travel from Montreal to Toronto quickly if you have interviews or coffee chats. Not saying it's impossible to make the leap to Toronto from Desautels, just saying it's harder than you think especially since you're an international student and will have no network in Toronto to work from.

PS - I can't speak for Desautels since I never intended on going there and never looked into them, but Rotman has a great Business Development and Business Design programs.

Thank you jigglypuff, sharadmathur, saadharis for your advices :D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts