GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 16:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '19 (I)
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.64
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 14:01
Hi - I submitted my application in Round 2 on January 3, 2017. I received an invite to interview a week later on January 11, 2017. I went in for my interview yesterday morning on January 26th. I feel it went well and they said that I would hear by the end of next week. Anxiously awaiting the call/e-mail now!

For anyone else who had an offer, I am wondering what day of the week you typically heard on? I know they have an admissions committee meeting next week and then communicate acceptances after that.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Mendoza '19
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 14:07
lakclassof2019 wrote:
Hi - I submitted my application in Round 2 on January 3, 2017. I received an invite to interview a week later on January 11, 2017. I went in for my interview yesterday morning on January 26th. I feel it went well and they said that I would hear by the end of next week. Anxiously awaiting the call/e-mail now!

For anyone else who had an offer, I am wondering what day of the week you typically heard on? I know they have an admissions committee meeting next week and then will give out acceptances after that.

Hi ,I had an invite for interview on 13th and got my interview done by 18 th . I was told the same that I will hear back in a week's time but have not got anything yet .

Did they tell you that they meet every week or met this week while interviewing ? I have been waiting anxiously since last week :/

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 14:14
Hey - she didn't say specifically whether they had one every week. In her tone it was kind of implied that they may not because she said something along the lines of luckily our next meeting is next week so I will be able to get back to you by the end of the week. Hope that helps! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Mendoza '19
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 14:43
lakclassof2019 wrote:
Hey - she didn't say specifically whether they had one every week. In her tone it was kind of implied that they may not because she said something along the lines of luckily our next meeting is next week so I will be able to get back to you by the end of the week. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Cool that was surely helpful ! Good luck to you too :)

Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 14:49
Interesting. I applied in R2 (Jan 2nd) and nothing yet. I am a local applicant though (live & work in Toronto), so I don't know if that matters.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.73
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2017, 05:00
Hello Everyone. I am an Indian candidate and wish to apply in R 3. Could you please advise whether there is any point in applying this late. Thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2017, 06:50
DealMonkey wrote:
Interesting. I applied in R2 (Jan 2nd) and nothing yet. I am a local applicant though (live & work in Toronto), so I don't know if that matters.

I am also a local applicant. I had some contact with the admissions committee before at the open house and via phone and email when I had questions about the application so when I submitted I think they were expecting it which may have sped up the process for me.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2017, 10:35
lakclassof2019 wrote:
DealMonkey wrote:

I am also a local applicant. I had some contact with the admissions committee before at the open house and via phone and email when I had questions about the application so when I submitted I think they were expecting it which may have sped up the process for me.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Weird. I had some communication with one of the directors as well about a month before submission.

Your profile is probably better than mine then.
I fall under the "non standard admit" or something since my UG is less than the minimum requirement. Also I applied using the CFA exemption for GMAT, so I'm not sure what their evaluation criteria is for that.
Anyway those are all questions I asked one of the directors before applying and it didn't seem like too big of a deal, but who knows.

Anyone know if they send out rejection emails if you get dinged without an interview?
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 20:50
Hey, everyone!!

What's up with the school... nothing is happening it appears...

Did any round 2 applicant who applied in January got an invite??
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 21:11
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hey, everyone!!

I applied on Jan. 8th and just received an interview invite this morning (Jan. 31st).
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 21:14
niafong wrote:
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hey, everyone!!

I applied on Jan. 8th and just received an interview invite this morning (Jan. 31st).

Congrats buddy.... Anxiously waiting for mine :)
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 21:34
niafong wrote:
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hey, everyone!!

Congrats! When is the interview? Just wanted to know how much time do they give for prep. Thanks
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 21:45
JainShubham wrote:
niafong wrote:
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
Hey, everyone!!

Congrats! When is the interview? Just wanted to know how much time do they give for prep. Thanks

It's scheduled for Feb. 10th.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 22:10
Congrats! When is the interview? Just wanted to know how much time do they give for prep. Thanks[/quote]

It's scheduled for Feb. 10th.[/quote]

All the very best! Will keep in touch in case I get an invite. ..Thank you
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 01:35
If you choose Mcgill and desire work in Toronto, you should factor the cost of travel between Montreal and Toronto for recruitment activities. Assume 30 trips in the first year, and assume hotel stay for 10nights, add that to the scholarship offered by Rotman and compare to the offer by mcgill. The financial strain of living in a french community should be included too.
Cheers!

Kelvin91 wrote:
Guys.

I am admitted to Rotman with 15k scholarship. However, I'm now in a dilemma. I received higher amount of scholarship from McGill.
Tuition fee and living costs are higher in Toronto but employability for non French speaker like me is obviously better in Toronto than Montreal. I want to get into Business Development after graduation. Any advice, please?

Profile:
Male
Vietnamese national, studied and worked in Singapore
Industry: automotive
Date of submission: 9/11/2016
Date of interview: 17/1/2017
Date of result: 24/1/2017
GPA: 3.4/4.0
GMAT: 730
Experience: 3.5 years

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 10:51
Submitted app on Jan 9th, received the interview invite today (31st Jan). The interview is scheduled for 17th Feb, however, I will be traveling on this day. Is it considered rude to request for a reschedule? Do they oblige and does this in anyway form some sort of an opinion in the minds of the adcoms?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 11:00
nandy70772 wrote:
Submitted app on Jan 9th, received the interview invite today (31st Jan). The interview is scheduled for 17th Feb, however, I will be traveling on this day. Is it considered rude to request for a reschedule? Do they oblige and does this in anyway form some sort of an opinion in the minds of the adcoms?

If here is a valid genuine reason and as long as you articulate it well, it shouldn't be a problem.
Also can you please share a brief outline of your profile, I'm also awaiting an invite.

Thanks!
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 11:04
JainShubham wrote:
nandy70772 wrote:

If here is a valid genuine reason and as long as you articulate it well, it shouldn't be a problem.
Also can you please share a brief outline of your profile, I'm also awaiting an invite.

Thanks!

Thanks, I just reached out to them. I've a GMAT score of 710 and 3.5 years of work ex as an SAP consultant / IT project manager with an above average academics and an average extra-curriculars.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 22:18
Hi everyone,

I realise that a lot of you got an interview invite yesterday, however I haven't received any. So, just wanted to get your opinion whether they have already finished sending all invites or do they keep sending it in batches?
P.S- I submitted my application on 9th Jan.

Thanks!

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 23:00
hey guys,

I submitted my application on 9th Jan and got a call for interview yesterday. Please tell about the interview experiences.
Thank you!
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 &nbs [#permalink] 31 Jan 2017, 23:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  30    Next  [ 587 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap