GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 06:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2016, 01:29
Thanks jigglypuff and ashman843, your comments makes sense. Anyways I am going to add to more colleges to my bucket. NUS and Schulich most probably. The worst part is that my self-initiated Social initiative would go live by February and developers are working on it and I cant include that in my essay. I should have included that information in my optional essay. I made a fool out of myself...

Just one thing Rotman has option to update application, can I add talk about those things in my additional essay now? Anyone aware?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2016, 02:02
robinsharma wrote:
Thanks jigglypuff and ashman843, your comments makes sense. Anyways I am going to add to more colleges to my bucket. NUS and Schulich most probably. The worst part is that my self-initiated Social initiative would go live by February and developers are working on it and I cant include that in my essay. I should have included that information in my optional essay. I made a fool out of myself...

Just one thing Rotman has option to update application, can I add talk about those things in my additional essay now? Anyone aware?

Wish I could help you with this one but I would suggest that you reach out to admissions. They are very helpful and generally understanding of situations.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 00:14
Received an interview invite e-mail today morning!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 02:15
Hey everyone,

So I got an Invite to Interview yesterday for later this month. Need to start prepping for the Interview.

I submitted my application in early October. The wait has been nerve-wracking. I'd advise stay calm and positive, there really isn't much that can be done once you submit the application.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear and congratulations to the ones who have got accepted. :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 03:58
noding
gurshaans

please share your application details. thanks and good luck hope to meet you all in class!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
B
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 05:25
robinsharma wrote:

You can always submit an update. Just make sure that you keep it to point.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 05:19
any new interview invite?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 05:21
I believe that it's going to be dull for the entire of the thanksgiving week. They would have already entered the holiday mood.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 04:29
Anyone applying for Round 2?
I am yet to start with the application. Has anyone opted for a counsultant? Please advice how i should go about the application.

My profile:
India female Engineer with an international experience of 2 years in Africa as a Network Engineering and currently an operations Analyst in West Africa.
GMAT score: 700
Extracurricular: Part time working in an NGO in Africa, Dramatics, etc.

What are my chances to get through?

Thanx
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 06:58
Guys, getting a little worried now. Applied on the 17th and I'm yet to receive an invite for an interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 09:44
Deeas wrote:
noding
gurshaans

please share your application details. thanks and good luck hope to meet you all in class!

Posted from my mobile device

Sure. I've for 5 years, 4.5 in Financial Services in India. Have some community experience - Animal Rescue, Cancer Aid Society and LGBTQI+ empowerment.

Undergraduate Study: BSc Economics from University of London - LSE

GMAT 690
Current Student
GPA: 2.8

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 10:30
I applied in on Oct 4th and still have not heard back. I followed up and was told that it was 6-8 weeks and will get back to me by Dec 16...
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 00:57
FYI, Rotman's in Canada, so no American Thanksgiving... whoever said things would slow down because of it.

Anyway, if any one of you is in Toronto, there's something you could do, which is show up to all their recruiting events. Make nice, network, let them know you've applied, leave a business card. Other than that, it's just a waiting game. And I'm assuming the deadline for a response is December 16?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 01:18
<<Excerpts from Website
Note: Students in India and Pakistan do not require further proof of English language proficiency if they have graduated from an English-language university.>>

How to know get ur degree assessed for medium of english >>English-language university
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 01:50
Naman1111 wrote:
<<Excerpts from Website
Note: Students in India and Pakistan do not require further proof of English language proficiency if they have graduated from an English-language university.>>

How to know get ur degree assessed for medium of english >>English-language university

Whatever the undergrad you did, was the course of instruction in English? If yes, then you don't need English language Testing Exam
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 02:19
Hi everyone,

We are all waiting for the interview invite, yet, does anyone know how does getting to interview round increase the chance of admission? If you got invitied does that mean that they are ok with the application or they will review it again after the interview?

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 14:36
Hi All!
Just received an email. I got in with 10K scholarship ! Application details are as follows:

Application submission : 11th October
Interview Invitation email : 2nd November
Interview : 14th November
Decision : 23rd November

Best of luck to everyone !
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q41 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 3: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 2.3
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 20:44
wacky77 wrote:
Hi All!
Just received an email. I got in with 10K scholarship ! Application details are as follows:

Application submission : 11th October
Interview Invitation email : 2nd November
Interview : 14th November
Decision : 23rd November

Best of luck to everyone !

Do you mind giving your candidate profile ? GMAT score etc
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 22:21
Sure Urnamaster13

I am from Pakistan. Electrical Engineer. Total work experience (Technical sales and marketing) of 4 years out of which 1.5 years in Gulf. GMAT score 690. Other highlights include student representative in university student council, humanitarian aid activities and representing my current employer in a global summit in Thailand.
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 02:39
Deeas wrote:
Hi everyone,

We are all waiting for the interview invite, yet, does anyone know how does getting to interview round increase the chance of admission? If you got invitied does that mean that they are ok with the application or they will review it again after the interview?

Thanks

As far as I know, if you've got the interview invite, they've okayed you for admission... on paper. In other words, if you've been invited into an interview, at this point, admission is yours to lose.

Also, keep in mind that the admissions interview is to test you for one very, very important thing that they can't really test for in an application: how likely you are to get hired. If you can't handle an admissions interview, you can't handle a job interview. Remember, business school is essentially an elite screening process for employers.
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 &nbs [#permalink] 24 Nov 2016, 02:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  30    Next  [ 587 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap