GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 15:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 06:11
bigboi4real wrote:
aspirant2010 wrote:
Has anyone accepted the offer from Smeal?

I have. Received an offer two weeks ago.

Congrats! I accepted the offer today.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Smeal'21 (A$)
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 06:14
aspirant2010 wrote:
bigboi4real wrote:
aspirant2010 wrote:
Has anyone accepted the offer from Smeal?

I have. Received an offer two weeks ago.

Congrats! I accepted the offer today.

Congrats to you too! Fellowship?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 06:23
Yes!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Accounting, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.01

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 07:25
I've accepted as well!
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 07:32
krisbrown12 wrote:
I've accepted as well!

Great! Congrats! Do you know of any whatsapp group that has been created for the admitted students?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Accounting, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.01

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 07:38
aspirant2010 wrote:
krisbrown12 wrote:
I've accepted as well!

Great! Congrats! Do you know of any whatsapp group that has been created for the admitted students?

I do not, I've never even used the app.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 07:43
krisbrown12 wrote:
aspirant2010 wrote:
krisbrown12 wrote:
I've accepted as well!

I do not, I've never even used the app.

The school is probably going to create a facebook group soon!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 00:08
Following is the list all admitted applicants

bigboi4real

I request you to update your school status so your name automatically gets added to the list. You can go to the following link and click on "Add my info"

https://gmatclub.com/forum/smeal-pennsy ... acker.html
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 10:59
Kind of a lame question seeing the context, but does the submission of all the below mentioned need to happen before the Application deadline of that Round (Feb01)

1. LOR submission by recommenders.
2. KIRA Video submission
3. Official GMAT score report should reach Smeal admin team before Feb 01 ?

Btw .. very grateful to all those who have posted the Smeal interview debriefs !!

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 23:36
A new Smeal Penn State Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/smeal-pennsylvania-state-246/interview_debrief.html#debrief-811
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.84
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 12:11
Tusmat wrote:
Kind of a lame question seeing the context, but does the submission of all the below mentioned need to happen before the Application deadline of that Round (Feb01)

1. LOR submission by recommenders.
2. KIRA Video submission
3. Official GMAT score report should reach Smeal admin team before Feb 01 ?

Btw .. very grateful to all those who have posted the Smeal interview debriefs !!

I have the same question too.!!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2019, 23:57
Does anyone know how many days does the school take on an average to send an interview invite from the day we receive the email saying that your application has been sent for review?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 May 2019, 19:22
Just Created a whats app group for all admitted and people who have applied.

<Edit>

Please pm me for the link

Originally posted by sanathadiga on 01 Feb 2019, 23:58.
Last edited by sanathadiga on 07 May 2019, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.84
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 08:01
Did anyone else face difficulties submitting application yesterday? I tried to submit and entered my credit cards details twice , still it didnt submit. I did mail them though about this problem.
Awaiting their response. But I think this would cost me as scholarship deadline was yesterday. Did anyone else face the same?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V17
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.2
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2019, 12:02
sanathadiga wrote:
Does anyone know how many days does the school take on an average to send an interview invite from the day we receive the email saying that your application has been sent for review?

I have the same question. I have submitted in R2 , but haven't heard anything from school

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2019, 00:43
Hi Everybody!
I have a question which is bothering me for long. I know Smeal provides TOEFL Waiver for MBA applicant if they can prove english proficiency. I was given TOEFL waiver for my MBA application and on my I-20, issued by the school, It is mentioned that student is proficient in English. I got TOEFL waiver because I studied one year abroad (London) for my Masters and for this I have submitted my Transcripts to the School.

Now, I am planning to Apply for F1 student Visa, But I am in doubt that do I need TOEFL score for my US student Visa Application to prove my English proficiency? OR My I-20 document along with my Master’s Degree Certificate is enough for the same?

I couldn't find any concrete answer to this query. If you can provide me the answer or If you know someone who has been in the same boat OR someone who is familiar with this scenario, will help me in deciding my next course of action.

Thank you for your kind support.
03 Apr, 2019
16 Apr 2019, 18:50
Private, GMAT: 640, Q47, V31; GPA: 3.8; WE: 160 months; United States; via Email
Online MBA / WorldCampus [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 21:34
D3N0 wrote:
Hi Everybody!
I have a question which is bothering me for long. I know Smeal provides TOEFL Waiver for MBA applicant if they can prove english proficiency. I was given TOEFL waiver for my MBA application and on my I-20, issued by the school, It is mentioned that student is proficient in English. I got TOEFL waiver because I studied one year abroad (London) for my Masters and for this I have submitted my Transcripts to the School.

Now, I am planning to Apply for F1 student Visa, But I am in doubt that do I need TOEFL score for my US student Visa Application to prove my English proficiency? OR My I-20 document along with my Master’s Degree Certificate is enough for the same?

I couldn't find any concrete answer to this query. If you can provide me the answer or If you know someone who has been in the same boat OR someone who is familiar with this scenario, will help me in deciding my next course of action.

Thank you for your kind support.

Not sure if you got the answer yet but per this response on Quora, they won't be checking whether you took any English proficiency test.. https://www.quora.com/Can-international ... EFL-scores

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 21:41
Hey there. What was your GRE score?

This user wants to stay Private wrote:
I thought my interview was loooooong and intense! Lol. So many questions, unlike the others who had about 5 questions. It lasted for about 40 minutes.

I made sure I memorised the school site and was reeling out numbers and stats from the school site, almost as if my life depended on it. With the benefit of hindsight, I think my life literally depended on it. I knew that I had to get the fellowship! I did not have the greatest GRE score either, but knew I checked every other box. I had to nail this interview to eliminate any chances of doubt due to my score. The interviewer seemed impressed and even commented that I had obviously done my research!

Word of advice, apply round 1, especially for internationals seeking funding! I cannot overemphasise this. I am talking out of experience. I had applied to other schools last year in round 2, mostly because I was so sure that I was gonna get accepted in round 1 of MSU – Eli Broad. Got dinged after the interview. I was devastated! Applied round 2 for others, and had delays because I had to write TOEFL. I think I might have even started competing with round 3 applicants at some point! Eventually I did not get significant funding from most of the schools I applied to. Right now, I've got full ride and an assistantship from one, a 45% tuition waiver from another and a fellowship from Smeal!

Smeal truly looks at the candidate holistically, unlike other schools. You need to familiarise yourself with the school site. Smeal is all about fit, so best to know why you are applying to Smeal and not any other school.

Questions asked:
• Walk me through your current role as a manager.
• Why Smeal?
• What is your long term goal?
• Tell me how your work experience fits into your long term goal.
• Tell me about a challenging situation where you succeeded.
• Tell me of the most challenging engagement you worked with and why.
• What is the greatest misconception about you? How do you prove them wrong?
• Most constructive feedback that you have been given and what did you do?
• Know Smeal is obviously number 1 in Supply Chain, so what other reasons?
• What other schools have you applied to and status?
• What is your greatest concern about joining the Smeal MBA class?
• What do you look out for in a team and what will you look out for in your MBA team?
• Tell me of a time where you faced an ethical dilemma.
• What qualities do you possess that you think will make you stand out in front of potential employers during interviews?

Questions from me.

I just got my decision and I received a fellowship!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 16 Apr 2019, 21:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 99 posts ] 

Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status