GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 04:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 15:34
bradical213 wrote:
Looks like they're rolling out now. Just received video interview and an admissions interview invitation. Admissions interview Skype, campus or hub options. Going to try to make a trip up to Seattle! Video interview due by Nov 4th.

Time to prepare for this video interview portion. Anyone with any insight?

Best of luck to all.

Not much insight other than take a look at last years thread for ideas on what to expect. The people there do discuss the sample questions they had. Interesting that we all so far have both video and in-person interveiws and last year it looks like people got one or the other.
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 15:47
Did you guys get 2 separate invites at the same time or just one invite for both video and in person?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 15:53
sumjain wrote:
Did you guys get 2 separate invites at the same time or just one invite for both video and in person?

I got one e-mail inviting me for both.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE: Asset Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 15:54
I received just the video interview...mixed feeling since it's not both..why would foster do both video & admission interview? What does it mean that I'm only getting video? Is the proper route to go from video interview to admission interview to an admission decision? Or can ppl get admitted based on video interview? Dont know how i should interpret this.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Foster '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 16:01
Got invited to both video and admission interviews as well. It's been a crazy work week for me so i'll have to look into all of the details towards the end of this week. Pretty stoked! Good luck to everyone with invites and everyone else waiting to hear back!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.45
WE: Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 17:00
Got both the video interview and admissions interview invite today as well. Now I don't have to hyperventilate every time I get a new email :-D good luck everyone!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 17:29
Congrats to everyone with invites! :)

To those who have been invited - Do update your status for Foster to "Invited to Interview". This tracker will give you'll an idea of how the invites are rolling out (based on profile updates done by those with invites)

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 17:40
Hello Everyone

Final chat session of this season with Foster Admissions team is on Tuesday, November 03. This is best opportunity to all of you to get answers to your application questions and learn more about Foster's MBA program. So save the event in your Google calendar and be in the chat room at 8 AM Pacific Time with your questions.

November 03, 2015. 8 AM Pacific Time

GMAT Club Chat Room: http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.65
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 17:59
Got a video Interview invite. No word on Adm interview. I can see only one more person is in the same boat as me (interview vise).

westcoastplan, did you by chance visited Foster?

My rationalization was only that, cos I did.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 Oct 2015, 18:33
I have got the invite for both video interview and admission interview as well. Planning to schedule an off campus interview at San Francisco.

Good luck to everyone.

Originally posted by rdeepak0509 on 28 Oct 2015, 18:08.
Last edited by rdeepak0509 on 28 Oct 2015, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 18:13
Alaukik wrote:
Got a video Interview invite. No word on Adm interview. I can see only one more person is in the same boat as me (interview vise).

No I did not...is it because my application is not as strong as those who received both, so they decided to have me do video first before deciding whether I'm worthy for an adm interview?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.65
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 19:00
westcoastplan wrote:
Alaukik wrote:

No I did not...is it because my application is not as strong as those who received both, so they decided to have me do video first before deciding whether I'm worthy for an adm interview?

Dear I would not go that far. Also I might not be the best person to answer what went wrong with your essays or app. But I do think that Foster will not change its tradition, last year, as well, they sent single and double interviews. so it might be a matter of different reviewer. one might have thought that 'hey! i'll give both', other might have said i need just some facetime to be sure.

And trust me getting a ding is not the end of the world.

ciao.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 20:10
Alaukik wrote:
westcoastplan wrote:
Alaukik wrote:

Dear I would not go that far. Also I might not be the best person to answer what went wrong with your essays or app. But I do think that Foster will not change its tradition, last year, as well, they sent single and double interviews. so it might be a matter of different reviewer. one might have thought that 'hey! i'll give both', other might have said i need just some facetime to be sure.

And trust me getting a ding is not the end of the world.

ciao.

Thanks for comforting. Let's just ace the video interview and hopefully there'll be some good news that follow :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.96
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 20:34
Got just the Video interview. Don't know how to interpret it. The mail says "Please note that some candidates who complete the video interview may still be invited to complete a formal admission interview at a later date, as we continue issuing invitations throughout the review period." Does this mean that Video interview can directly lead to an admission?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 21:18
srinivas45 wrote:
Got just the Video interview. Don't know how to interpret it. The mail says "Please note that some candidates who complete the video interview may still be invited to complete a formal admission interview at a later date, as we continue issuing invitations throughout the review period." Does this mean that Video interview can directly lead to an admission?

On the same boat with you together with Alaukik. I don't think video interview directly leads to admission - it's more plausible to be an extra screening before the formal adm interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 21:39
Invited to both Video & Admission Interview. Scheduling a skype.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 23:21
Invited for video interview :) .
The practice questions have the following structure: Prep Time: 30 seconds, Time for Answers: 90 seconds
but the mail mentions that the video interview will last 15-20 minutes, so does that mean that we have to answer these 2 questions in 10-15 minutes during the actual interview?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 00:31
Got a video and admissions interview via skype as well :)
Looking forward to it!

Good luck guys :D
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 01:29
hmm... I did not get any email from Foster and looking at this thread it looks like a lot of people did. Should I loose hope and this is the end of video & interview invites for the 1st round?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Foster '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 11:10
Just scheduled my Skype interview for the 17th. A lot later than I would have liked but work schedule is just crazy at the moment. Plus, as UW is my first choice, I can use my McCombs interview earlier in the week as "practice" for the Foster one. I would have preferred to interview in person but they're not coming to Boston and it's too expensive to to go home (Seattle) on such short notice.

As for the 1 Video interview vs. 2 interviews deal, I doubt it's based off of your stats, based on the stats listed in your profiles, you guys shoot me out of the water. Maybe they dont think Foster is your first choice?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2015, 11:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21    Next  [ 403 posts ] 

Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status