Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:29 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello Everyone, If you are around, join us in the chat room. We have a chat starting in 20 minutes with Foster Admission Director - Megan Lewis - and current Foster student - Marcus Dover. Those who are preparing for video questions might get helpful tips from Megan and Marcus.

Chat Room Link: https://gmatclub.com/gchat/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Just finished. I didn't have any of the previous questions. Mine were:

1. What is the most important thing you learned in college.

and

2. What is a step you've taken in the last year to advance your career?

Second one was a bit more challenging, as I was trying not to duplicate something I already explained elsewhere in the app, Ultimately it went ok but sort of ran out of time towards the end of the second question.

On to campus interview in a few weeks! Good luck to all.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 46
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Completed my video interview.

got following questions,

1. Describe your ideal work environment
2. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague..

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread.

ciao.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.45
WE:Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
Completed mine as well.

Questions were "Name three adjectives that best describe you?" and "Tell me about a time that you worked in a team setting."

I thought it went really well. Kind of unfortunate that you can't see your responses when you are done in order to make sure that you actually did as well as you think you did but what can you do. Excited for admissions interview in 2 weeks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
i did not receive any e mail regarding skype interviews or personal interview, does this mean my application has been rejected??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Folks,

I just got time to look upon video interview and will be competing today. While practicing I felt 1:30 mins is too much to speak continuously on a particular topic and found that using space bar, you can stop recording whenever you want. So, did you guys utilize the complete 90 sec or stop when you had nothing more to say.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Did anyone get replies after the video interview? I did great on the first question but on the second one I couldn't finish the conclusion in time :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I was asked the following 2 questions:
1. Tell us about a work that you read recently and how did it impact you?
2. What is the biggest challenge that you are facing in your current position?

Before the interview I thought that 90 seconds is way too much too speak, but during the interview I realized it was way too short...I took soooo much time to come to the main point and the conclusion :P
Anyways, I am not sure how it went but I am glad I wasn't asked the dreaded "What would you cook for a dinner party" .... I honestly can't cook anything!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
TameTheGMAT wrote:
Hi Folks,

I just got time to look upon video interview and will be competing today. While practicing I felt 1:30 mins is too much to speak continuously on a particular topic and found that using space bar, you can stop recording whenever you want. So, did you guys utilize the complete 90 sec or stop when you had nothing more to say.

On my first question I was wrapped up where I wanted to be probably a minute in, no need to drag on and be repetitive if you've answered the question well. The second I used all of the time, although made sure to end a few seconds early to not get cut off.

The actual questions are a bit deeper than the practice questions so will probably require more time than the practice ones. But yes I used the space bar.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
If you haven't done the video interview yet, a question I received that I haven't seen here was: "If you were to start a new venture that was focused on solving a major problem, which problem would you tackle and why?" Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Done with the interview and question asked were as follows:
1) Greatest achievement outside work
2) Creative solution at work

Hope that helps. Good luck folks!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.28
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
srinivas45 wrote:
Did anyone get replies after the video interview? I did great on the first question but on the second one I couldn't finish the conclusion in time :(

Yes, you do get a reply. after you complete the interview and submit the feedback , you will receive a Thank You mail from Kira Talent saying "Thank you for completing your interview for UW - Foster School of Business."

If you haven't got such a mail, I would recommend you to immediately check with the Foster Admission office
Intern
Intern
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
puneetj88 wrote:
i did not receive any e mail regarding skype interviews or personal interview, does this mean my application has been rejected??

I have posted the same question- and am so totally worried from all these discussions here about interview questions and follow ups. I think that's it for us. :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
Send PM
ady871 wrote:
puneetj88 wrote:

I have posted the same question- and am so totally worried from all these discussions here about interview questions and follow ups. I think that's it for us. :/

Based off of last year's threads, it's possible you may just be moved to another round for consideration or wait-listed. Until you get the rejection letter, you never know...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
3lcid wrote:
srinivas45 wrote:

Yes, you do get a reply. after you complete the interview and submit the feedback , you will receive a Thank You mail from Kira Talent saying "Thank you for completing your interview for UW - Foster School of Business."

If you haven't got such a mail, I would recommend you to immediately check with the Foster Admission office

You can also try to log back in with the link and it should state that your responses have been received. But if you're concerned, contacting the admissions office seems like the best idea.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone done with admission interview? If so, kindly share the experience.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
TameTheGMAT wrote:
Anyone done with admission interview? If so, kindly share the experience.

did anyone hear back from Foster after completing the video interview?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts