It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 09:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT exam in about a month-need advice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 36

Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: LBS '18, IE April '17
Reviews Badge
GMAT exam in about a month-need advice [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 10:33
I have been preparing for gmat for quite long and now have scheduled my test in mid October. I have been appearing for mocks (experts global) every week for the past month and a half and have scores varying from 750(q49/v42) to even 600(was a bit low on focus) but mostly have scored 670-680 with verbal being on the lower side 30-35. Need a bit of more improvement in CR and RC which at times are high on accuracy but mostly are weaker compared to SC. My target is 700+ for sure. Already exhausted gmatprep mocks many times. I
am a working professional and able to devote 2.5 hrs every morning reviewing these mocks and solidifying concepts . Please suggest how to ensure i cross 700+ in mocks regularly and how to approach some portions of CR and RC so that i can score around 40 in verbal and overall 700+.

Posted from my mobile device

Give kudos and appreciate if you think its worthwhile

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 36

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT exam in about a month-need advice [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 18:33
Great that you're setting time to study every day!

To improve on CR and RC, I would recommend additional practice and figuring out the reasons why you're getting specific questions wrong. As you start to complete more problems, you may be able to find specific patterns in your answers and start to answer them correctly.

For RC specifically, I've heard that The Economist is a magazine to read to practice your understanding of the materials. Some prep companies suggest reading the passage carefully while others suggest skimming and answering questions. Honestly, I think you have to figure out the strategy that works best for you. By trying out different methods, you can figure out what reading speed will be most effective for you when you take the actual exam.

For CR, the same methodology holds true. Some people recommend reading the question stem first while others recommend reading the actual question first. Again, try to figure out what works best for you by practicing each method and looking at the results (whether you got certain questions correct or incorrect based on a particular method you tried). Best of luck!

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT exam in about a month-need advice   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2017, 18:33

GMAT exam in about a month-need advice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap