Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:26 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4657 [0]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q90 V80 DI82
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Focus Edition - Everything You Need to Know [#permalink]
Expert Reply
cric_fan wrote:
Any insights on the question banks for Official prep mocks 3-6 for GMAT Focus?

As Mock 3 & Mock 4 are being sold in a bundle are their question banks common? As Mock 5, Mock 6 are being sold individually are their question banks separate?

Folks who have taken the mocks please help

Good question... I don't think we know or have a good way to find besides purchasing the tests twice and taking 4 tests. But wondering why do we want to know this? How would it help a test-taker?
I found the fact that 5 and 6 were sold separately to be odd as well. My guess is 3 & 4 may be separate as well just sold together
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT Focus 1:
685 Q90 V80 DI82
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
bb wrote:
cric_fan wrote:

As Mock 3 & Mock 4 are being sold in a bundle are their question banks common? As Mock 5, Mock 6 are being sold individually are their question banks separate?

Good question... I don't think we know or have a good way to find besides purchasing the tests twice and taking 4 tests. But wondering why do we want to know this? How would it help a test-taker?
I found the fact that 5 and 6 were sold separately to be odd as well. My guess is 3 & 4 may be separate as well just sold together

Me and my wife are both planning to take GMAT - thinking of using the same mock set for both of us - question banks being same will have an impact … hence, trying to understanding :)

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
cric_fan wrote:
bb wrote:
cric_fan wrote:

Me and my wife are both planning to take GMAT - thinking of using the same mock set for both of us - question banks being same will have an impact … hence, trying to understanding :)

Ok. In that case it is no use to you. A person can reset the tests once getting 2 tests out of each test. Both of them will be unique so if you take the first test 5 and your wife takes the second one after the reset, they are going to be unique (or at least they are supposed to).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Hi All,
I am planning to write the GMAT Focus Edition and I am wondering what books to buy to prep for it, especially the Data Insights section since that's new. The guide doesn't seem to have practice questions for table analysis, 2 part analysis, etc. I am getting confused since some people mention that I don't need any new guides for the focus edition

I have the 2022 official GMAT guides
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4657 [1]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
GMAT Focus Edition - Everything You Need to Know [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
MBA_Asp_2026 wrote:
Hi All,
I am planning to write the GMAT Focus Edition and I am wondering what books to buy to prep for it, especially the Data Insights section since that's new. The guide doesn't seem to have practice questions for table analysis, 2 part analysis, etc. I am getting confused since some people mention that I don't need any new guides for the focus edition

I have the 2022 official GMAT guides

Hi MBA_Asp_2026,

The official guides include a code that you can use to access all the questions (on a Wiley website), including the ~IR questions that aren't in the main guide.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Thanks Ajitesh! So, do I need to buy new books for Quant and Verbal or can I just study from the 2022 OG?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4657 [2]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
MBA_Asp_2026 wrote:
Thanks Ajitesh! So, do I need to buy new books for Quant and Verbal or can I just study from the 2022 OG?

Hi MBA_Asp_2026,

You can absolutely use the older editions for quant and verbal (skipping SC and geometry, of course). For DI: (a) you can use the IR component of the previous guides, but (b) keep in mind that the DS in the latest guide seems to be limited to ~applied math (so DS from the older guides may not be very representative).

Experts like KarishmaB, IanStewart, and avigutman would be in a better position to confirm that last point about DS.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Is DI in GMAT similar to Data interpretation in CAT exam?
Any other examination where similar types of questions can be found?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [3]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
focusongmatfocus wrote:
Is DI in GMAT similar to Data interpretation in CAT exam?
Any other examination where similar types of questions can be found?

NO. DI questions in GMAT are nowhere close to CAT DI questions.
Unlike GMAT DI ques, CAT DI ques are much varied with no specific pattern, basically you can't expect anything in there.
DI in GMAT are either non-verbal based or verbal based.
In non-verbal based questions, you will have quant or graph based questions.
Graph based questions are relatively easy, but bit tiring in terms of calculations. You will have to sift through tons of garbage info.
Verbal questions test your RC/CR skills, bit challenging than non-verbal based.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [1]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Due to popular demand, I've written a free GMAT Focus Study Plan (in Google Document form) that anyone can use.

As always, my main focus is on official GMAC Materials--especially the 1,000 or so new GMAT Focus questions!

I also plan to soon update my free e-book, Master the GMAT, for the GMAT Focus Edition—including an improved and expanded chapter on Data Insights / Integrated Reasoning-style questions.

Any questions, comments, criticisms, etc., please let me know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
Schools: IIM
Send PM
mcelroytutoring
where I can get new official gmat focus questions ? Do verbal review and additional official questions 2023-24 on mba.com have new questions ?
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [2]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM