It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 02:52

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How do you know that you are ready to take the test?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
How do you know that you are ready to take the test? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 08:07
I sat for the GMAT in March of this year and got a score of 680 Q45 V38 after about 2 weeks of studying. A day before taking the test, I was still coming across new material as I was doing questions - so after getting the 680 I thought to myself if I were to study harder, I could get a 740+.

I have been studying for 2 months now and have gone through all the questions in the OG 2017. However, when I do CATs, I still come across new material and new approaches to questions. Just wanted to hear from the experts on this site, what are the signs that show me that I am ready to sit for the test? Desperate to catch the round 2 application dates for the top B schools. :cry:

Kudos if you like my response please

Last edited by streetking on 31 Aug 2017, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D

Kudos [?]: 29373 [0], given: 5301

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: How do you know that you are ready to take the test? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 08:08
Ready for the test is the point when you can't improve your score meaningfully or when absolutely hate the test and can't stand it.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29373 [0], given: 5301

D

Kudos [?]: 488 [0], given: 113

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 08:46
streetking wrote:
I sat for the GMAT in March of this year and got a score of 680 Q45 V38 after about 2 weeks of studying. A day before taking the test, I was still coming across new material as I was doing questions - so after getting the 680 I thought to myself if I were to study harder, I could get a 740+.

I have been studying for 2 months now and have gone through all the questions in the OG 2017. However, when I do CATs, I still come across new material and new approaches to questions. Just wanted to hear from the experts on this site, what are the signs that show me that I am ready to sit for the test? Desperate to catch the round 2 application dates for the top B schools. :cry:

Take GMATPrep CATs:

1. If you consistently score say 740/750/760 or say 690/700/710 then you're ready. Ofcourse if you're not aiming 800 :P
If your scores fluctuates say 680/750/710 then you need to understand what is the real issue.

2. You need take all of those CATs with ALL sections, in real exam like conditions.

3. you should also be sure that you're able to apply all the strategies and balance timing well.

These are good signs for readiness :D

P.S: If you Consider real exam just another GMATPrep then you would be able to get the desired score or may be better :P
Most people who come out of exam and say they were getting far better score in CATs but on the real exam the story was different. That is because they took the exam so seriously that it became nothing but a serious affair for them. Chill out! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Kudos [?]: 488 [0], given: 113

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 283 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 09:10
streetking wrote:

Everyone comes across something new from time to time. And that's true even for the experts you refer to in your post. Keep learning, and take the test when it makes sense for you (keeping in mind the other, bigger, goals you have).

By the way, 680 after just 2 weeks is excellent, and I wish you all the best!

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Kudos [?]: 283 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 16:33
thank you all for your responses.

my plan of actions is to now do tests regularly and track my progress :-)

Kudos if you like my response please

Top Contributor
SVP
SVP
S

Kudos [?]: 1661 [0], given: 8

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 05:48
Top Contributor
You're ready for the test when you are (at a minimum) - able to reach your target score on a practice test comfortably.

Do NOT walk into the test room if have not been able to score your target in practice. You can't expect miracles to suddenly happen on test day.

But more important than the score itself --is when you feel confident that you are answering every question within your ability correctly. That sounds easy but in reality - a lot of people incorrectly answer questions that they SHOULD be getting correct.

All those easy and medium questions - those should be 100% gimmies for you. If they are not, then you have room for improvement in terms of not messing up questions that you really should be getting correct.

Next, if you are able to correctly answer some reach questions and feel you are reaching a peak - then you may be ready for the test.

Kudos [?]: 1661 [0], given: 8

Re: How do you know that you are ready to take the test?   [#permalink] 02 Sep 2017, 05:48

How do you know that you are ready to take the test?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap