Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:50 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi letsnailit

You have a good profile with some well-respected brands on your CV too. You're strong academically too. If packaged well, you can definitely make it to ISB. Make sure you have enough anecdotes that showcase your experience in a rich and detailed manner. Also, ensure that your goals are built on what you have achieved so far. Well-articulated and concise essays can definitely see you through.

Feel free to reach out for a detailed profile evaluation.

letsnailit wrote:
Hi, Can you please help me in evaluating my profile for ISB PGP, Class of 2021

Work-Ex: 4 years in Data Analytics and Business Analysis field

2 years: ZS Associates
2 years: BCG

GMAT:710(Q49,V36)
Graduation(B.Tech.) - Tier 2 college-7.5 CGPA
12th - 91.4%
10th - 89%

Extra Curricular:
-Leading the CSR group (60 people) at BCG and managing their monthly activities
-Active member of Robinhood army
-Core member of Women Leadership Initiatives at BCG, Events Team at BCG

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear all,

A gentle reminder that ISB Round 1 deadline is on September 15th 2019. Please visit: https://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-deadlines.htm for more information and https://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Essays.htm for sample essays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
mugglepiyush wrote:
Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile?

Academics
Class X - 87.8%
Class XII - 66%
BTech in Information Technology - 61.77%

Work Experience: Business Analyst at Saasfocus - A Cognizant Company, 3.7 yrs (47 months)

Professional Achievements: 1. Promoted from Trainee BA to a Business Analyst skipping a position in the organizational hierarchy
2. Have lead key engagements in multiple industries for the organization both in Projects - Delivery & Pre-Sales (Business Development)
3. Foreign Onsite experience of 3 months
4. One of the few employees offered ESOP post-acquisition by Cognizant last year
5. Selected Best Employee twice amongst 400 people

Extra Curricular Achievements: Best Delegate Manav Rachna International University Model United Nations -2014,
An active volunteer with Robin Hood Army for the past 1 year with the local city chapter, Active participant in CSR activities at my organization

GMAT: Planned in August; Although my academics are weak, What are my chances of getting into ISB if I target for a 700+ score?

Thanks
Piyush

Hi mugglepiyush

Your profile stands apart given the list of professional achievements that you have mentioned.

Your achievements such as among the few employees to get ESOPs, getting selected as best employee, best delegate and an early promotion helps to strengthen your profile further.

Combined with a 700+ score, these achievements boost your application.

The only info that you have not mentioned is your post MBA goals. It's necessary to have a clarity on those and most importantly how ISB PGP will help you achieve these goals. Feel free to connect for any further queries/help.

All the best !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
letsnailit wrote:
Hi, Can you please help me in evaluating my profile for ISB PGP, Class of 2021

Work-Ex: 4 years in Data Analytics and Business Analysis field

2 years: ZS Associates
2 years: BCG

GMAT:710(Q49,V36)
Graduation(B.Tech.) - Tier 2 college-7.5 CGPA
12th - 91.4%
10th - 89%

Extra Curricular:
-Leading the CSR group (60 people) at BCG and managing their monthly activities
-Active member of Robinhood army
-Core member of Women Leadership Initiatives at BCG, Events Team at BCG

Posted from my mobile device

Hi letsnailit

You have a good profile and you stand a good chance to make it to the class of ISB.

Focus on your essays and bring out the key elements from your profile that will help your application to stand apart in terms of team and leadership skills.

Given that Analytics is a booming sector altogether, it becomes pertinent to have a post MBA goal that is related to Analytics. You as a brand need to communicate effectively to the Adcom that whatever you have done professionally..that combined with ISB PGP will help you realize your post MBA goals. Candidates with 2-5 years of work experience form a major portion of the class and hence you are in a good spot to apply.

Do reach out for any additional queries/help

All the best !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 606
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: Q166 V167

GRE 2: Q166 V167
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB

10th - 89.8%

12th (Humanities) - 87%

Grad CGPA - 3.3/4

GMAT - 710

Graduation - Bachelors in Media Studies (Advertising) from SIMC-UG Pune - Highest ranked college in the country for said course.
Several internships (5 in total) in college including NGOs such as Teach for India, as well as industry internships in digital marketing and advertising agencies across the country - Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune.

Work Experience - 2 years (24 months) at a leading digital advertising and marketing firm in Mumbai.
Profile - Copywriter - responsible for conceptualization, ideation and execution of digital marketing campaigns for local as well as international clients such as Abbott Nutrition, Aditya Birla Group, Kokuyo Camlin, Visit Sweden, Hero MotoCorp and more.

Professional achievements -
Won several awards for various campaigns, including a Bronze Abby at Goafest.
Won my first pitch as a lead creative resource for my agency at age 20.
Subsequently, won multiple pitches and acquired substantial amount of business for the agency.
Won the internal Rising Star award among 100 people.

Extra-curricular achievements -
Sports Captain in school, represented school and college in various sports at several levels - inter school, district.
Won several quiz competitions in school at different levels - inter school, district.
Avid sports fanatic - follow football, cricket, basketball, tennis and motorsport closely. Take a keen interest in politics, both national and international.

Learnt French at Alliance Francaise institute - level A2.

Played the Tabla for 5 years, reaching intermediate level.
Followed it up with Drums, acquiring a Level 1 certificate.

Originally posted by chirag95 on 11 Jun 2019, 05:01.
Last edited by chirag95 on 11 Jun 2019, 05:27, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: NUS '23
Send PM
Hi Team

Could you please evaluate my profile below and advise how much GMAT score I would need for a PGP in ISB .

10th - 79%
12th - 68%
B.tech - 61%

Work Experience - 7.5 years ( 4.5+ Years Onsite) I have been to UK fora short period of time and have been working in Australia for over 4 years.

Extra Curricular:
School Captain and College Captain of the respective Volleyball teams
A pro Badminton and Snooker player.
Have done theater in college .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Nishkum wrote:
Hi Team

Could you please evaluate my profile below and advise how much GMAT score I would need for a PGP in ISB .

10th - 79%
12th - 68%
B.tech - 61%

Work Experience - 7.5 years ( 4.5+ Years Onsite) I have been to UK fora short period of time and have been working in Australia for over 4 years.

Extra Curricular:

Hi NIshkum,

You have a work experience on the higher end and also a good amount of international work experience. We think you could easily get an interview with a 680+ score. But having said that, you pull your 100% and aim for a 700+ to make your chances even better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
chirag95 wrote:
Hi ,

10th - 89.8%

12th (Humanities) - 87%

Grad CGPA - 3.3/4

GMAT - 710

Graduation - Bachelors in Media Studies (Advertising) from SIMC-UG Pune - Highest ranked college in the country for said course.
Several internships (5 in total) in college including NGOs such as Teach for India, as well as industry internships in digital marketing and advertising agencies across the country - Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune.

Work Experience - 2 years (24 months) at a leading digital advertising and marketing firm in Mumbai.
Profile - Copywriter - responsible for conceptualization, ideation and execution of digital marketing campaigns for local as well as international clients such as Abbott Nutrition, Aditya Birla Group, Kokuyo Camlin, Visit Sweden, Hero MotoCorp and more.

Subsequently, won multiple pitches and acquired substantial amount of business for the agency.

Sports Captain in school, represented school and college in various sports at several levels - inter school, district.
Won several quiz competitions in school at different levels - inter school, district.
Avid sports fanatic - follow football, cricket, basketball, tennis and motorsport closely. Take a keen interest in politics, both national and international.

Hey Chirag,

You're on the border. The good thing is that you have a decent GMAT score, it's around ISB average but a low work experience. You have two choices: either wait out one more year to get more work experience and get closer to the average work experience OR invest 200% into your essays and bring out stellar experiences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
niffler wrote:
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest what GMAT score should I aim for and chances for me in R1 for ISB.

Male 27

Academics:-
10th : 85%
12th: 90%
BTech - Mechanical Engg - 9.0/10 CGPA - Tier1 College

Work Ex :-
Total Exp : 5 Yrs
Industry : Automotive - Passenger Cars
Company : European Giant
Role : Product Development for Passenger vehicles
Involved in PD for Multiple Project in Germany, Italy, Russia, China, South Korea [No onsite]
Also worked for 4 Indian Vehicles
predominantly Engineering Activity with Managing Projects, Training Juniors and Lead a small Team of 4

Post MBA Goals :- Consulting [Strategy and Leadership]

What should be my safe score for GMAT and What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year (2020 Intake)?

Thanks.

Hi niffler,

You should aim for a 710+ to be on the good side of the border (better than an average profile for ISB) and bring out some great work experience in your essays to get an interview call. But with a 740+ score, it could get even better - higher chances to convert ISB. All the best!
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 516 [0]
Given Kudos: 227
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Apphelp wrote:
Dear all,

A gentle reminder that ISB Round 1 deadline is on September 15th 2019. Please visit: https://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-deadlines.htm for more information and https://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Essays.htm for sample essays.

Thank you, added here.

#Attention

Slight changes in the wordings of the essays this time, updated it here

Essay 1:
There will be 900 students in the class of 2021. Why should you be one of them? (400 words max)

Essay 2:
What will you be doing in 2025 and 2030? How will the ISB PGP programme help you to achieve these goals?(400 words max)

Thank you Crack Verbal for pointing it out.
CC CrackVerbalShree

Originally posted by LeoN88 on 11 Jun 2019, 08:11.
Last edited by LeoN88 on 13 Jun 2019, 07:36, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chirag95 wrote:
Hi ,

10th - 89.8%

12th (Humanities) - 87%

Grad CGPA - 3.3/4

GMAT - 710

Hi @chirag95

Your academics is good.

Coming from a non-Engineering and non-IT sector, you will add diversity to the class. Your extra curricular achievements are quite good given it holds the quality and it holds plethora of activities, which indicate that you hold multiple interests and at the same time you are good at few, you multi task, possess team skills and leadership skills.

At ~2 years of work experience, your answer to the need for an MBA and your post MBA goals have to be very clear.

Combined with 710 in GMAT, your profile (acads, extra-curricular, achievements) definitely helps you stand apart. The only missing link that you need to connect is the need for MBA and your post MBA goals. Do reach out for any additional queries/help. At this stage, focus on your essays and mock interviews. You stand a very good chance to make it to the class.

All the best !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nishkum wrote:
Hi Team

10th - 79%
12th - 68%
B.tech - 61%

Extra Curricular:

Hi Nishkum

As far as GMAT is concerned you should aim as high as possible.

Given your onsite stint, you need to bring out key achievements and contributions that you made. Since, onsite stint is common among IT candidates, these achievements of yours really need to stand out. You extra curricular is good but, it's also good to have extra curricular from recent past. Be clear in your post MBA goals. Do reach out for any additional queries/help.

All the best !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nishkum,

You have a good profile and the international experience definitely adds the extra spark. We'd like to add here that GMAT is just one of the parameters evaluated by ISB. Given your profile, a 700 would be good and of course, anything above 700 would be better.

As your work experience is above the ISB Class average, we also recommend that you focus more on your essays. The essays must portray a healthy career trajectory and articulate crisply why you need the PGP to attain your career goals.

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.

Nishkum wrote:
Hi Team

10th - 79%
12th - 68%
B.tech - 61%

Extra Curricular:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Hello!
Please evaluate my profile :)

I am a Female ,age 30 ,Indian resident.

Academics:
(XIIth) 75.2 (science)
(Xth ) 81.33
B.tech- 7.83 ( biotech)

WorkEx :
1) 2.5 years with Accenture , Bangalore as a tester.
2) Currently working in IDBI Bank with 5+ years experience in retail banking.

Extracurriculum :
Participating and winning in school and college in debates, extempore, plays, quizzes etc.
On merit scholarship in college.
Various performance related certificates during tenure in Accenture and IDBI.
Have mentored interns for their college projects.
Cleared JAIIB and CAIIB (professional certificates -banking industry).

GMAT : Attempt 1 : 640
Planning a retake in Aug.

-Any suggestions on strengthening would be great ! Thank you
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mini246

Since you come with retail banking experience, in order to differentiate yourself, you should highlight aspects of your profile that are different from others from the tech/finance sector. For instance, if you have a customer-facing role, you can showcase incidents of handling difficult customers and situations. These will make great essay stories and help to strengthen your profile.
As far as GMAT is concerned, 640 is definitely on the lower side and you should try to push it to at least a 680, (though a 700+ would definitely be great). The last piece is extracurriculars and the ones from college might seem a little outdated. Instead, you should talk about something that you are passionate about and have been actively pursuing over the past 1-2 years.

Hope this helps. Do reach out for a detailed evaluation.

mini246 wrote:
Hello!
Please evaluate my profile :)

I am a Female ,age 30 ,Indian resident.

Academics:
(XIIth) 75.2 (science)
(Xth ) 81.33
B.tech- 7.83 ( biotech)

WorkEx :
1) 2.5 years with Accenture , Bangalore as a tester.
2) Currently working in IDBI Bank with 5+ years experience in retail banking.

Extracurriculum :
Participating and winning in school and college in debates, extempore, plays, quizzes etc.
On merit scholarship in college.
Various performance related certificates during tenure in Accenture and IDBI.
Have mentored interns for their college projects.
Cleared JAIIB and CAIIB (professional certificates -banking industry).

GMAT : Attempt 1 : 640
Planning a retake in Aug.

-Any suggestions on strengthening would be great ! Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi All, need some assistance with a profile evaluation:

Undergrad College: BBS from Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi University
Work Experience: Working with BCG as a research analyst for ~2 yrs
Academic Scores: Xth - 80%, XIIth: 93%, Undergrad: 68%, GMAT: 710

Additionally, i was also involved in some light extra-curricular in college - was part of the college placement cell and Enactus team. Have also won some university level and a couple of national level management competitions.

Looking to apply to ISB in the first round this year. Would love to know the perspective of the community here. What are my chances as things stand? And what i can i do to improve them?

Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ketan08 wrote:
Hi All, need some assistance with a profile evaluation:

Undergrad College: Bcom Honors from Hansraj College, Delhi University
Work Experience: Working with McKinsey as a research analyst for ~2 yrs
Academic Scores: Xth - 78%, XIIth: 93%, Undergrad: 67%, GMAT: 710

Additionally, i was also involved with some light extra-curricular in college - was part of the college enactus team.

Looking to apply to ISB in the first round this year. Would love to know the perspective of the community here. What are my chances as things stand? And what i can i do to improve them?

Many thanks!

Hi Ketan08

Your acads are decent. At ~2 years of work experience, you need to bring out differentiating points in your profile in terms of achievements at work place, contributions to your project. GMAT, non engineering, non IT works in your favor since you will add to the class diversity. Extra/co curricular is on a lower end and ISB application process allows lot of room to showcase these activities.

However, at this stage it is crucial for you to be clear on your need for an MBA and your post MBA goals. Align your profile with PGP and how PGP is going to help you in your career ahead. You stand a good chance to get an interview invite, focus on your essays (essay topics are already out) and think through your profile, speak to alums with a similar background.

Your essays have to really stand apart since you are just at the brink of minimum work experience required and adcom might have an opinion that you need few more years of experience before you are ready for an MBA.

Do reach out in case of additional queries/help.

All the best !
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  135   136   137   138   139  ...  307