Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:27 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 606
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: Q166 V167

GRE 2: Q166 V167
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8835 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 310
Send PM
Re: McCombs Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kindly review my profile.

Background and nationality:
Indian 28 years old Female

Undergrad Information:
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 8.34/10 CGPA

GMAT: 710(Q50,V35,IR6,AWA5)
TOEFL Yet to appear

Work experience and leadership:
Currently in the role of Junior Executive and working as an Air Traffic Controller at Area Control Centre with a total of 5.5 years of experience at Airports Authority Of India. The day to day job is to provide Air Traffic Services in the continental and oceanic airspace, identify and resolve conflicts between aircrafts using separation standards, handle priority, emergency and medical aircrafts, and assist other organizations in Search and Rescue. Trained in Aerodrome and Approach Control as well at Civil Aviation Training College.

International Air Transport Association(IATA) certification in Introduction to Airport Operations.

Past Employer: Infosys Limited. For 2 years. Worked on business intelligence tools for building a consumer data hub, while in an EIM project for the client: Moneygram, USA

Leadership:
Served as the Class representative(CR) for two years in college. CR was the point of contact between the university staff and the students and facilitated the grievance redressal of students.
Was a part of the hostel mess committee for three years in college to look after the working of the mess management staff, keep a check on day to day mess facilities and act as a bridge between administration, hostel mess management on one side and the students on the other.

Post MBA goals:
I would like to join a top global management consulting firm because the diverse and fast learning atmosphere that a consultant is attuned to attracts me. I believe providing tailored and unique solutions to clients would be good fit for my career. I will work my way to becoming a partner and, in the long run, I will specialize in the field of aviation.

Others: Class X: 93.4%
Class XII: 85%
Bagged various prizes in Olympiads and art related events at school.
Represented the Eastern region at Organization level Table Tennis tournament.

A Query: I have another reportable GMAT score of 570 from my first attempt (3 months before the second attempt). How will that affect my profile?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: Tuck '23
Send PM
Re: McCombs Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello AkP1992

Although you are with a large group of engineering applicants - you have an impressive profile, with an interesting and unique background/career, and the GPA and GMAT score to back it up! You will have a strong application by being able to show the teamwork and coordination required in your job as it relates to cross-functional work and conflict resolution. McCombs puts an emphasis on teamwork and leadership.

You should be able to tie in the similarities of the work you are doing as it relates to operations, financial analysis and project management to your intended pivot to management consulting.

You should only have to report the higher GMAT score, and with a 710 you will be in solid standing for many MBA programs.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q161 V155
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Background and nationality
Come from a small town in the south and am a white male, first generation college student

Undergrad Information
Tier 2 state school and studied accounting with a 3.6 GPA
Also got a MS Finance at McCombs with a 3.5 GPA

GMAT:
1st Try: 650 (V: 39 / Q:39)

Work experience and leadership
Worked full time as an accountant and consultant to small businesses throughout undergrad while attending school full time
1 year in equity research at middle market investment bank (think Raymond James, Blair, etc.)
2.5 years in M&A investment banking at a small boutique firm in Chicago
Was hired by a former client who took a CFO job at a public company to come in as a "utility player". Title is officially in Investor Relation but the role is really Corporate Strategy

Community and others
Volunteer consultant to small businesses under the national organization SCORE
Selected by my company to be a "Venture Fellow" at a Venture Capital firm that our company invests in as an LP so I'm working with the VC shop's leadership team to help them assess VC opportunities in the industry I work in

Undergrad Leadership
Vice President Accounting Society
Leader of Elite Leadership group (~5% of university is accepted to this group) on campus
Vice President of Business Constituency Council (group of undergrad students that acted as an intermediary between the students and the Dean to enact change across the business school)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey, There!
My name is Vinay and I'm from Bangalore, India. I would be applying for my MBA in a month or so and request some input on my selection of universities. I've added the details of my profile as briefly as I could. My shortlist of colleges is given at the bottom of the comment. I'm also wondering if I should apply to universities outside of the US and love some advice from you.

GRE
- 330 (V-157; Q-170; AWA- 3)

Undergraduate

Completed my Bachelors of Business Administration from Alliance University, Bangalore in Finance with an aggregate of 81.5% ( First Class with Distinction )

Work Experience
4of Years work-ex, with the deep domain of equity research and valuation
Equity Research Analyst at Sarthak Returns ( June 5th, 2017 – Date ) – Sarthak Returns is a Stock Market Advisory Company based in Bangalore. Responsibilities here include
- Technical Analysis, Fundamental Analysis, Equity Research, Proprietary trading, Handling clients accounts, Blog writing.Was Handling a team of 3 people directly reporting

Certifications

NSE Academy's Certified Investment Analyst Champion (NCIAC) & NCMP Level 3
NISM-Series-VIII: Equity Derivatives Certification Examination
NISM-Series-X-A: Investment Adviser (Level 1) Certification Examination
NISM-Series-X-B: Investment Adviser (Level 2) Certification Examination
NISM Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification Examination

Extra-Curricular Activities:

• Volunteer with Youth for Seva ( July 1st, 2016 – September 30th, 2016 ), a Non-Non-Governmental Organisation. The work involved teaching Spoken English and Basic Computer Skills to Primary and Middle School children. This continues till date in a Part-time effect, with overall service time over **Five Hundred Hours**.
• Organised “Mock Stock”, a stock market simulator, in an inter-college event.
•Co-Founded a start-up in the college days - Started with the platform-based company for travel (Air and Bus) with Hotel booking. It was improved based on blind spots, Started renting out textbooks. That rented out students' old books and paid them a share of the earnings, thereby enabling students to make money off books they do not need.
•Co-Founded a niche-based stock research firm meanwhile I was working as an equity research analyst.
• Have pursued Young Leadership program from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, the program was for the one-year duration with blend learning from both online and offline.

Post MBA goals
Short Term
Work for Investment Banking field

Long Term
Start an Asset Management Company

Please evaluate my profile so I know if I should try for McCombs, I'd love to hear your thoughts about my profile?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q161 V155
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Come from a small town in the south and am a white male, first generation college student

Undergrad Information
Tier 2 state school and studied accounting with a 3.6 GPA
Also got a MS Finance at McCombs with a 3.5 GPA

GMAT:
1st Try: 650 (V: 39 / Q:39)

Work experience and leadership
Worked full time as an accountant and consultant to small businesses throughout undergrad while attending school full time
1 year in equity research at middle market investment bank (think Raymond James, Blair, etc.)
2.5 years in M&A investment banking at a small boutique firm in Chicago
Was hired by a former client who took a CFO job at a public company to come in as a "utility player". Title is officially in Investor Relation and Strategic Planning but the role is really Corporate Strategy

Community and others
Volunteer consultant to small businesses under the national organization SCORE
Selected by my company to be a "Venture Fellow" at a Venture Capital firm that our company invests in as an LP so I'm working with the VC shop's leadership team to help them assess VC opportunities in the industry I work in

Undergrad Leadership
Vice President Accounting Society
Leader of Elite Leadership group (~5% of university is accepted to this group) on campus
Vice President of Business Constituency Council (group of undergrad students that acted as an intermediary between the students and the Dean to enact change across the business school)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '23 (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V150
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Profile Evaluation for McCombsMBA 2022 Intake-
Nationality: Indian Male
GMAT: 760(Q50, V44, IR 7, AWA 6)
Duolingo: 145
Undergrad: 9.7 CGPA in Bachelor of Commerce - Major: Finance and Economics.
University: Lovely Professional University, Punjab (100% Scholarship).
12th Grade: 92% CBSE
Work Experience: 2.5 yrs as Finance Associate in Largest Infrastructure Company of India- Promoted Twice in the period currently leading a team and managing finance of Two National Projects in India under the direct control of PM Office.
3 MOnths as a Process analyst intern in Telecom Company.
EC's - Led 60+ students team and hosted many events in Undergrad, District level Hockey Player won prizes in Undergrad, Been a part of Charitable organization for the past 5 years.
Certifications: CFA Level 1, CPMP, 6 Sigma and Online MOOCs over Analytics and Data Science.
My concern is the reputation of my undergrad university.
Post-MBA goals - Product Management in FMCG Sector.
Hope for the Comments.
Also, Please let me know if pursuing MBA in India (ISB) or in Abroad is correct for my profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to update you that I have been removed from the waitlist.

My GRE score was very low, which may have caused me to be waitlisted. The fact that schools don’t have a minimum test score requirement made me feel more comfortable using the GRE (150 V and 151 Q) as a checklist.

I realized later that it was imperative to have a decent GRE score :) So, after submitting my updated GRE (161 V and 161 Q), I received an email about being admitted.

I have dual citizenship (Azerbaijan and Canada), and I applied with the Canadian one. 10 years of WE (both in the non-profit and profit sector in three countries). I am also a former United Nations employee and a Fulbright scholar.

No scholarships for now!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GRE 1: Q163 V157
GPA: 2.62
Send PM
Kudos
320 GRE
2.5 GPA
USA, located in El Paso, TX
Military officer with 9 years of WE
Applied through Consortium as well
30K scholarship
Original goal was to go into IB but looking at other options like corporate finance
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
700 gmat
3.62 GPA
7 years work exp in oil and gas engineering
Admitted with No scholarship.
ST goal is to join a mgmt consulting firm and then leverage business experience into LT Goal of pivoting into energy transition investing.
USA, split time between NYC and Dallas, Tx
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72920 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619898 [0]
Given Kudos: 81627
Send PM
Re: McCombs Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
McCombs Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.