Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:05 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
GPA: 3.86
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: McCombs Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello all, thanks for taking the time to read my profile and provide guidance and feedback. I am interested in applying for UT McComb's Part-time Evening MBA program in Austin. Much thanks for the help and support!

About Me
23 year old caucasian male with 1.5 years of work experience (by the time I intend to begin school in January 2021, I will have 3 years of work experience).

GMAT
Overall: 670
Q: 45
V: 37

Undergrad Information
BBA in Finance from a Texas university
GPA: 3.86 (graduated Magna Cum Laude; 5x President's List)
Vice President of a student organization

Work Experience
I have spent the first year and a half of my professional career working for Valero Energy Corporation at their corporate HQ. I am a Business Analyst in the Market Analysis and strategic price forecasting functions. Through this experience and through my network at Valero, I could get good letters of recommendation.

Extracurriculars
I am currently very involved with my church. I am part of the Production team that coordinates the worship and sermon for the weekend services. In addition to that, I have volunteered with 2 organizations that strive to spread the word of God to the homeless and provide them meals, clothing and shelter during inclement weather. I also volunteer at the Valero Texas Open golf tournament.

As I said in the opening, I am very hoping to receive admission into the Part-time Evening MBA program at UT Austin's McCombs. I would greatly appreciate any feedback and advice heading into the application process (Keep in mind, I won't be applying until next Spring for 2021 intake). Thanks y'all!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Send PM
Re: McCombs Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the chances of getting in

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi

Please evaluate my profile for McCombs

10th : 90.8%
12th : 87.8%
Undergraduate : 7.11/10 ( IIT Kharagpur, Mechanical)

GMAT score : 700
Nationality : Indian

Work Experience : 5+ years

- Started with Hero MotoCorp in operations and worked on Bangladesh Project, setting up a new factory in Bangladesh. Reported directly to Plant Head and developed MIS systems for incumbent factory which proved crucial in improvements in quality and inventory.
- Worked with teams from various departments such as exports, assembly , quality and trained Bangladesh counterparts by preparing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Joined a hyperlocal auto-hailing startup in 2016 as City Manager and took the city from INR 900000 monthly loss to INR 180000 monthly profit in 10 months
- Awarded Best Employee of the quarter and given additional charge of another city. Later on, moved into central operations and then relaunched capital city and headed three business verticals
- Headed pan-India operations for a microfinance firm but the tenure was cut short to three months due to health issues. Though short, was successful in lowering operational costs by centralising logistics and outsourcing operations
- Currently, working as a Product Manager at a Media/Entertainment (music) firm for last 1.5 years. Though have to wear multiple hats , major role revolves around analysing key metrics and come up with business solutions for better website engagement

Extra Curricular Activities
- Diploma holder in Fine Arts
- Awarded Honourable Mention in Fine Arts from IIT Kharagpur
- Awarded Best Fresher and Best Outgoing Senior Boarder during my stay at IIT Kharagpur
- Multiple awards for dramatics, ad-design and podium finishes in Fine Arts and Football
- Mentoring students for placement preparation at one of my friends venture
- Long distance runner : Completed 2 half-marathons and aspiring for a marathon in next 6 months

Why MBA

- Pivot into a Product Management or more of strategic role into a multinational company and be able to understand customer requirements through data insights and come up with more efficient business solutions/processes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
Send PM
Hi All I would appreciate any feedback on my profile. I'm planning to apply to McCombs in R1

Background and nationality:
- White Female
- 24 years old, 25 by the time I would start classes

Undergrad Information:
- SUNY school, 3.54 GPA
- Majored in urban planning

GMAT: 690
V:39
Q:46

Work experience and leadership: 2.5 years working in real estate development as a development analyst and now Sr Development Analyst. Working for a local developer in Washington DC - specializing in large mixed-use and mixed-income developments. Small firm with lots of opportunities to take on leadership roles that go beyond the standard analyst title.

I've been committed to working in real estate for several years prior to graduating from undergrad and have significant intern experience in the field form my time in upstate NY (Rustbelt city - did a lot of work on the adaptive reuse of industrial buildings)

Community and others: heavily involved in ULI (the urban land institute) committee member

Post-MBA goals: stay in real estate for sure. I'm looking to increase my ability to get hired at a large development shop or REIT. I'm also interested in expanding my skills to start my own development company in the future but that's a more long term goal
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi All,

I'm a 24 year old female, based out of Pune, working in a digital marketing agency. I'm applying to B schools for the August 2020 intake. I Lived in Shanghai, China for 5 years, finished my high school from there (11th and 12th in the IB International Baccalaureate Board). Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 700 (going to retake in Sept)
Undergrad: B.Tech in Biotechnology from Delhi College of Engineering - scored 71%.

Work ex: 2 years (3 years by the time I start the program) in a digital marketing agency (Merkle Sokrati)
- Complete knowledge of social media marketing - Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Developed data analysis skills to successfully map and interpret multiple data sources, such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Appsflyer, Mixpanel, to make informed decisions about digital strategy.
- End to end account management from execution to strategy and management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Auditing new or existing accounts to determine account health and suggesting ways to improve it.
- Actively participating in the recruitment process through interviews, campus drives, trainings and seminars.
- Creating and presenting performance decks for quarterly/monthly business reviews based on trends both specific to the client and the industry.

- 2 fast-tracked promotions in this 2 year span
- Received several client appreciations for driving excellent performance performance and over-achieving the monthly/quarterly targets.
- Current position: Business Strategy Manager
- Leading a team of 10 people with annual spends of $4million for clients across different verticals - Ecommerce, BFSI, OTT, Telecomm
- Mentoring the team members and working on their personal development plans and growth paths.
- Collaborating regularly with agency partners from Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok to understand new channel offerings, seek help to solve client and performance issues, and brainstorm ideas to expand client business.
- Working on projects for Industry Research and Market Understanding for clients in new verticals, such as Gaming and OTT for Kids.
- Extensive collaboration with a team of 30 individuals working on the organizations quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).

Extra-curricular activities, awards, certifications
- Facebook Buying Professional Certification
- A grade in Rio+22 Power India Certification Program - the IARC center for United Nations Certification Program on sustainable energy.
- Organised multiple events in College
- Part of the organising committee of the tech fest in college - INNOVA. Held the position of Head - HR and Online Events.
- Part of the organising committee of Deltech Model United Nations for 3 years continuously. Held the position of Under Secretary General - Delegate Relations. Led a team of 20+ students and brought in a total of 350+ delegates from all around India

Originally posted by Kangan95 on 20 Aug 2019, 00:59.
Last edited by Kangan95 on 03 Oct 2019, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile. Thanks in advance.

Background/Nationality:
27 male/married/Caucasion

Undergrad Information:
Top 40 National University/Top 10 Public University
GPA: 3.1 (upward trend - 3.45 last 2 Years)
Major: Business/Economics

GMAT:
Currently studying. Practice test (ice cold): 570
Targeting 700+

Work Experience:
3.5 Yrs at national multifamily real estate development company. Started as an intern, hired full-time after 6-weeks as an Assistant Project Manger acting as Owner's Representative on large multi-family project interfacing with contractor, investors, design consultants, and city officials. Promoted to Analyst, assisting with pre-development activities on major development projects. Received exposure to entitlement, permitting and finance aspects of real estate development. Promoted to Associate, lead on two development projects. Managed design team/consultants assisted in negotiation of transaction/venture agreements, managed and delegated to analyst.

1 Year at regional family general contracting business (Design/Build). Project management duties.

Post MBA Goals:
After undergrad I specifically targeted real estate development positions with the intention of eventually bringing that experience/business strategy to the family business of general contracting. I have since discovered that I lack the tools/experience to do so effectively, specifically the finance/investment thesis that exists in commercial real estate (this is more nuanced, but for the sake of brevity I've boiled it down to this). My post MBA goal, is to obtain a finance position in a facet of the commercial real estate industry that provide the necessary experience to successfully integrate this strategy into the family business.

Other:
Division I Football Athlete - Team Captain
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kangan95 wrote:
Hi All,

I'm a 24 year old female, based out of Pune, working in a digital marketing agency. I'm applying to B schools for the August 2020 intake. I Lived in Shanghai, China for 5 years, finished my high school from there (11th and 12th in the IB International Baccalaureate Board). Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 690 (going to retake in Sept)
Undergrad: B.Tech in Biotechnology from Delhi College of Engineering - scored 71%.

Work ex: 2 years (3 years by the time I start the program) in a digital marketing agency (Merkle Sokrati)
- Complete knowledge of social media marketing - Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Developed data analysis skills to successfully map and interpret multiple data sources, such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Appsflyer, Mixpanel, to make informed decisions about digital strategy.
- End to end account management from execution to strategy and management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Auditing new or existing accounts to determine account health and suggesting ways to improve it.
- Actively participating in the recruitment process through interviews, campus drives, trainings and seminars.
- Creating and presenting performance decks for quarterly/monthly business reviews based on trends both specific to the client and the industry.

- 2 fast-tracked promotions in this 2 year span
- Received several client appreciations for driving excellent performance performance and over-achieving the monthly/quarterly targets.
- Current position: Business Strategy Manager
- Leading a team of 10 people with annual spends of $4million for clients across different verticals - Ecommerce, BFSI, OTT, Telecomm
- Mentoring the team members and working on their personal development plans and growth paths.
- Collaborating regularly with agency partners from Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok to understand new channel offerings, seek help to solve client and performance issues, and brainstorm ideas to expand client business.
- Working on projects for Industry Research and Market Understanding for clients in new verticals, such as Gaming and OTT for Kids.
- Extensive collaboration with a team of 30 individuals working on the organizations quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).

Extra-curricular activities, awards, certifications
- Facebook Buying Professional Certification
- A grade in Rio+22 Power India Certification Program - the IARC center for United Nations Certification Program on sustainable energy.
- Organised multiple events in College
- Part of the organising committee of the tech fest in college - INNOVA. Held the position of Head - HR and Online Events.
- Part of the organising committee of Deltech Model United Nations for 3 years continuously. Held the position of Under Secretary General - Delegate Relations. Led a team of 20+ students and brought in a total of 350+ delegates from all around India

Hi Kangan,

1. you have good career progression. 3 promotions in 3 years is noteworthy. Backing up your good / above average work through your recommenders will help further.
2. The international experience should help if you can prove that it helped you open up your personality in some ways, that has made you a better professional overall.
3. You seem to be doing well for yourself, so there has to be a larger purpose in life, that is your carer goals and the need for an MBA. You have not mentioned these here in your profile description.
4. You don't seem to have an extra-curriculars in the recent past- that's not desirable. The FB certification and the power certification won't count as extracurriculars, so this section definitely looks light. Also a certification on sustainable energy does not sound relevant to what you currently do. Is this a recent thing?
5. Lastly, your GMAT can definitely go up by another 20 points atleast.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Background: 31 YO, Male, CPA with a BS and MS in Accounting with a 3.5-3.6 GPA in both degrees (Honors and Cum Laude in Undergrad). Born in Bangladesh, living in the U.S. for 17 years, U.S. Citizen.

Undergraduate Info: The cheapest state school in Illinois that is known as a teaching school for the Chicago Public Schools. I had a good GPA and I wanted to do more than others so I went to get a MS from NIU (much more prestigious for Accounting in the Chicago area) and CPA while most of my classmates from undergrad did not. Hopefully my accomplishments would help compensate for my undergrad from a not so prestigious school.

GMAT: 650. I can keep studying and hit a 700 hopefully but with FT work and having studied for 4 months, I am quite burnt out and want to understand my chances better with a 650. My core for verbal is quite weak as I found out, this is because I never learned the core when I should have although it is important to highlight that I have come a long way. I went from an ACT score of 20 at the age of 17 (the average at my High School was 15) to CPA score of 85%+ across all sections at 24 to a GMAT score of 76%centile at 30. I believe that is tremendous progress but I am not sure if that is something worth highlighting to the school.

WE: 1 Year at PwC as an auditor, 1 Year at a F1000 company as an auditor, 4 years at a F50 company starting as a controls analyst and later promoted twice to an associate manager (as fast as possible) supporting a whole division working with stakeholders from different parts of the business whether that be the cash cow division or IT or transportation or supply chain. Also partnered with the auditors and took charge in ensuring the ongoing risk assessments and audits by both internal and external auditors go smoothly.

Community and Others: During my PwC days, I mentored high school children who immigrated to the U.S. with almost no English as I had done many years earlier and talked to them about their day to day and mostly be someone for them to look up to outside of school. I also have been tutoring accounting at a local community college for almost 2 years.

Post MBA: I find what the leaders at my company do to be quite impressive. To get to the leadership level and add value from top down, however, I need to have an MBA specially at a F50 company where I am currently employed. Some argue that I already have the credentials to do so but while that might be true, the truth is that would take 15-20 years and I would get there in my early 50s (best case scenario). I have enjoyed school over the years and I really enjoy learning. It does not phase me to work hard and get things done the right way. I might even study for CFA one day post my MBA if that is what I enjoy and believe aligns with my long term career goals. For now, I think an MBA makes sense based on what I want to do in the next 20 years and I think the McCombs PT Weekend makes great sense as I believe it would bridge the gap between my understanding of numbers and the understanding of overall complexities of organizations one needs to truly lead. And this is precisely why I am interested in the program.

Please share your thoughts / evaluate my profile.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
KPMBA wrote:
Background and nationality: 26, male, caucasian. Born in the UK, but have British, Irish and Canadian passports

Undergrad Information: BA in Politics from University College London (3.7GPA); MA in Politics from KU Leuven

GMAT: GRE - 326

Work experience and leadership: Live and work in Dubai. Employed as a senior consultant at a small advisory firm. Also worked in British Parliament, and for a large PR firm. My function is policy and communications consulting.

I was also a trainee officer in the army, but left to relocate to Dubai.

Professional work experience amounts to 3 years, will be 4 when I begin my MBA.

Post MBA goals: Stay in communications/policy, but go in at a higher level (management)

Anything else? I won't be able to discuss a lot of the work I do on my application as a portion of it (at least the interesting stuff), is government-led and, therefore, under NDA.

HI,

I like your profile very much and think you have a shot at some of the better-ranked programs as well, including McCombs. I'd add some programs to the list where you will benefit from the b-school's strength in public policy - Haas, Yale, Oxford, Georgetown (McDonough), MIT, Columbia come immediately to mind.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Can someone evaluate my chances for Mccombs?

• Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• GPA: 3.98 (Department Topper)

• GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35, AWA5, IR5)

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor.
o Currently, I am in Munich, Germany to execute feed engineering for US based $8.5 billion Ethylene cracker for the client Bechtel. I am being made familiar with the project so that in the later part, I will be bring the project engineering to Indian office, thereby executing the project by leading it with team of 4.
o I am the only one from our Indian office to learn a new technology of Butadiene complex from the licensor company named JSR. With this knowledge, I could execute its engineering for an ethylene complex of client Niznekamsknefthakim (Russia based). Such support has helped the company save 50 million euro by not outsourcing the engineering of butadiene complex. I have even developed a team so that engineering of such technology can be executed by Linde for the future projects, saving around 50 million euros to the company for each project.
o My diligent performance at the company gifted me an unusual promotion in terms of responsibility. It got me promoted to act as a discipline lead for a $6 billion Shell Ethylene Cracker Complex, a role exclusively reserved for seniors. As a lead, I was held responsible for all the technical deliverables and their necessary planning and execution. Such fast track transition from a sedulous team member to a discipline lead has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o I have executed a 1-2 million euro Project as a Lead at South African site (2 months) for client Afrox. The primary task was to update the P&ID with the current status of the operating Air Separation Plants by discussing with client the scope of work, man-hour estimation, the Safety rules followed in the plant etc. I was appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site, thereby increasing Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany to perform the task of aligning the vendor documents with the required standards for the project of Exxon Mobil owned $ 3 billion ethylene cracker complex. I was directly working with client Exxon Mobil, Main Work contractor Bechtel and few vendors such as Mitsubishi, dresser rand etc. The cost of the work was around 1.2 million Euros. The work was a major milestone in my career as I executed it perfectly with only 1 year of work experience.
o I was deputed to Munich, Germany second time to perform the task of Basic Engineering (Engineering phase when the plant design is being conceptualized) for $ 6 billion Shell owned Ethylene cracker complex. I was a part of project task force, regularly getting involved in meeting with client Shell and main work contractor Bechtel.
o I have worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o I am recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company reduce operating cost and improve employee’s health
o I have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
o Awarded three gold medal for achieving:
 highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Petrochemical subjects) in Engineering
 highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO (start-up) called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Served as a member of Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
o Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
o Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament
o Active member of defunct local NGO of stray dogs.

Extracurricular Activities:

o Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home
o Acting as an advisor for Vadodara Toastmasters Club

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to become a Consultant in Energy & Utilities sector to resolve the macroeconomic issues
o Long term goal to
 become CEO / MD of Energy & Utilities firm
 start-up a Non profit Waste Treatment plant (to remain connected with my Chemical Engg. discipline and give back something to the society)

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
o Watching WWE as it inspires and motivates me to do the best
o Reading Washington Post to improve vocabulary and to know the current affairs

Best Regards,
Daivat Buch
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

Female, 25 years old, India

Secondary education : 9.4 gpa
Senior Secondary : 81.9%

Graduation :
Bachelors of Architecture
(5 years course including 6 months internship)

College : NIT

CGPA : 7.67

GMAT : 710 (Q49, V 36)

Work Experience : 25 months at Larsen and Toubro
(as on august 2019)
Role : Senior architect

Have taken up more responsibility than is usually awarded at my cadre. Have handled one project in last year and am handling another project on my own as of now.(project values upwards of 100 crores)

Co Curriculars :
1. Regularly volunteer for ngo camps ( elderdly health camps etc)
2. Was part of organizing committees of college fests, department functions, functions in school
3. Was involved in dramatics and debating in school
4. Yoga practitioner

Why mba ?

I know the technical aspects of a building, from the floor plans to the ventilation system, from the effect it can have on a person to the how livable and sustenable it can be .
I want to able to look at the same built environment from a business/financial/economic point of view also, to be able to have a more cohesive bigger picture.

Thanks !

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for the MS in Finance program at McCombs

Background and nationality - 23, Female, Indian
Undergrad Information - BCOM(hons), NMIMS University, Mumbai - 2.74/4 - Class of 2017
GMAT: 720
I have 13 months of work experience with Citi in Investment banking research (till july 2018) and post that, I worked with another start up for 6 months
Now, during my gap, I have been working with kids and stray animals in my locality. And have now joined a couple of organisations to generate social emotional learning in underprivileged children
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hello,

Could someone please review my profile?

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 2.78
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting or finance.

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.

Regards,
theleopride

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi theleopride

I think I have evaluated your profile earlier at other forums too. Anyway, your profile seems great for McCombs. And it’s a great school for consulting and finance. It particularly evaluates potential candidates on the basis of:

Strong Career Achievements and Acads
Collaborative Leadership
Visionary Leader

One thing that McCombs explicitly believes is the capability and dare to take unconventional routes and so it is not much interested in applicants who want to reach a specific predetermined job by MBA. I can clearly see elements of 1&3 in your profile. You have made great changes in your work and worked in a multicultural setting which automatically fulfills the need of international experience and can definitely help you stand out. Your extracurriculars seem appealing too and tell a lot about your interests. Yes, I would like to know if you have pursued any of your interests after college?

What makes you even more fitter to McCombs are your post-MBA goals, that you want to explore some industries during your MBA, and not just land at some specific job. What matters most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool. Also, a GMAT of 730 is really great for McCombs and would advise you to apply to some of the other best schools. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances for all your target schools.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

theleopride wrote:
Hello,

Could someone please review my profile?

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 2.78
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting or finance.

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.

Regards,
theleopride

McCombs School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [1]
Given Kudos: 151
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone, We have a chat session coming up with McCombs.

July 31st at 7 AM PDT Sign up here https://forms.gle/5VsRhASian3tqv8x9
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Background and nationality- Indian male, 24 year old, B.Tech

Undergrad Information- B.Tech from Delhi College Of Engineering, GPA- 4 (as per WES)

GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38)

Work experience and leadership: 26 months ( Currently at Paytm Mobiquest for past 4 months, earlier at Urban Company for 8 months as Category Manager (General Management role), and as Junior Research Analyst at McKinsey & Co. for 14 months)
In McKinsey, handled international clients, successfully piloted a new project for South East Asia.
At the time of joining, work ex will be around 36 months

Community and others - Entrepreneurship stint during College (funded by Government of India), Lead volunteer and OC member at Startup Jalsa (India's biggest startup conference) for 5 years, Working with a local NGO in Chandigarh during the times of COVID, Logistics manager for an event called 'The Largest Plantation' which made a world record of planting 300,000 trees in 2 hours near Delhi

Post MBA goals - Short term : PM at a tech-giant (Apple, Microsoft, Google), Long-term: moving back to India and starting my own venture

Anything else- National Level badminton level in school, several olympiads winner in school, Core OC member at college's literature festival
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi, thanks for taking the time to give me feedback

Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: Production and Industrial Engineering (1 Year in-plant Internship) from a college ranked in the top 20 in the country
GPA: 7.8/10
12th: 85%
10th: 95%
GMAT: 710 (V39 Q48)

Total Work Experience: 3 years (at the time of joining)
I work in the Corporate Strategy Department of a top automobile company in the country, with over 50% market share. My job responsibilities include Business Environment scanning and analysis which involves economy tracking and forecasting, analysis of industrial performance, competition mapping and assessing the impact of policy and politics on the organization.

International Exposure: 2-month internship in Germany.

Community and Others
• Started a girl’s safety workshop to empower women to defend themselves.
• Volunteered at an NGO for 3 years.
• Ranked amongst the top 10 players in Lawn Tennis India (U-14 and U-17 boys category). Vice-Captain of the state Tennis Team.
• Started a Tennis club in college and led the team to Zonal Level. Captain of the Pune University Tennis Team
• Founded the College sports alumni association.
• Started a Marathon. Introduced sports like Fencing and wrestling in college.
• Tried promoting unknown sports and unprivileged players by creating videos about their life story and getting them sponsorship – didn’t work out.
• Current President of a Toastmasters International Club (Public Speaking Club). Also mentoring 4 candidates in improving public speaking and communication skills.
• Led various Model United Nations Events in college.
• Head of various other sports events in college

Post MBA Goals: Strategy role at a top sports organization. Wish to impact the Indian sports atmosphere in the long run.

Need help in profile evaluation and listing down of schools that are realistic

Originally posted by AP6931 on 25 Aug 2020, 01:17.
Last edited by AP6931 on 25 Aug 2020, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6