Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:21 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 309
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [1]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40 (Online)
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 309
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [1]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40 (Online)
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Mendoza ($$$) or retake gmat and apply next year [#permalink]
Kudos
How's your performance in GMAT mocks? If you feel you have potential to hit 740+ then it's worth waiting a year

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [2]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
You can estimate your chances for a top 20 admission using the what are my chances tool. WAMC.

However, to go from rejection rejection from the top 22 admission to the top 20 with no scholarship you could probably pull that off by getting a 750+ and cleaning up your essays. Would you attend or rather would you be able to attend without a scholarship? Being from the over represented demographic, you have to really stand out for the top 20 to offer you money. Would you be able to change your application sufficiently in one year?

There is no harm in trying again but you also should only apply if you were going to actually attend. What’s the point of applying if you’re not willing to except an offer? A data point? You wasted money and energy on applying. Was it a rash decision? I suggest you do a lot more research before you make another rash decision.

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [3]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Aviral1995:

I am going to take the minority view in this forum: take the Mendoza offer. In this situation, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I too often times see candidates pass up on good opportunities with the greener pastures in mind, and it just ends up disappointing them.

I am not saying that's you but without a definitive reason for your T15-T19 rejections, it can be a crapshoot. Yes you can improve your GMAT but what if that weren't the primary issue or you don't improve it enough? Next year might end up being very competitive again and you do not want to be in a position where you passed up Mendoza (with scholarship) and are left with nothing. Have you inquired about a deferral policy?

What are your reservations about Mendoza? It is generally a good program and if you work hard on networking you can definitely land a post-MBA role in general management. Of course, it's a different story if you have serious hesitations that are rooted in fact or consistently in testimonials.

-Admissionado
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Every application process to a B-School takes a lot of effort and research. You have come a long way, done all that and secured an admit. If you applied to Mendoza, I'm sure you had reasons to do so and don't let the opportunity go because you are having second thoughts now. It happens generally that, after securing an admit, we think that I could have aimed for a better school.

Boosting your score from a very good 710 is a humongous task.I'm sure you are deserving enough to achieve a higher score, but what if you don't? Also, is there anything you can add to your profile in the next year? I'll rather use this time to network with alums/students from Mendoza and gear up for the MBA experience next year. I'm sure you'll make the best decision.

Good luck and congrats on your admit.
Sonesh.

Aviral1995 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am an international applicant from India. I got accepted to Mendoza with Scholarship. Currently I have 4.5 years of work experience and I am working as a Business Analyst with one of the Big 4's. I want to move into General Management roles post MBA. Can anyone guide me if I should take Mendoza this year or wait one more year and apply to top 15 colleges.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GRE 1: Q168 V157
Send PM
Kudos
Mendoza is good!
I recommend considering it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 2.75
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey, did you for Mendoza?
How was your experience, if you did? Suggestions for future applicants?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Mendoza Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Mendoza Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Mendoza Forum for all fresh things related to the Mendoza MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts