GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 00:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

     December 13, 2018

     December 13, 2018

     08:00 AM PST

     09:00 AM PST

    What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz, Tomorrow, Saturday at 9 AM PST

     December 14, 2018

     December 14, 2018

     09:00 AM PST

     10:00 AM PST

    10 Questions will be posted on the forum and we will post a reply in this Topic with a link to each question. There are prizes for the winners.

New Error Log for GMAT Practice

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 25 Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 03:49
How do I log my answer selection method? Do I have to worry about that?
Current Student
User avatar
P
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 1124
Location: India
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 03:52
Top Contributor
All the instructions are on the first page or Instruction tab in the excel.
_________________

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 25 Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 04:04
The instructions tab only contains information only about the weights and the difficulty level. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1268
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 04:07
1
advait92


Quote:
How do I log my answer selection method? Do I have to worry about that?


You have to log answers manually. PM me if you are still stuck. I will be glad to help you.
Better version using the same functionality is here

Happy study prep.
_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2017
Posts: 50
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 06:54
Hi Gnpth, I appreciate your efforts in creating such a cool error log which provides good insight for anyone who is preparing on its own. However, I have a request for a feature that could be added to this error log for more insights.

If this log could give me the average time that took me to answer correct/wrong answers in particular sections then it will help even more in evaluating myself.
_________________

Ujjwal
Sharing is Gaining!

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1268
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 07:13
ujjwal80

Quote:
If this log could give me the average time that took me to answer correct/wrong answers in particular sections then it will help even more in evaluating myself.


Let me add my two cents.
At present, you need to manually enter time (in seconds) and then filter correct/ incorrect column and then combine all timings
for each question to see average.

We improvised this error log here
and would love to hear from you if you find the same useful.
_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2017
Posts: 50
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 07:45
adkikani wrote:
ujjwal80

Quote:
If this log could give me the average time that took me to answer correct/wrong answers in particular sections then it will help even more in evaluating myself.


Let me add my two cents.
At present, you need to manually enter time (in seconds) and then filter correct/ incorrect column and then combine all timings
for each question to see average.

We improvised this error log here
and would love to hear from you if you find the same useful.


Thanks for replying adkikani, I have checked the other error log you mentioned in your comment. I appreciate the efforts that you had put into making it and the timer option is cool, but on a personal note, I believe that the one created by Gnpth is more user-friendly. It has a good dashboard to analyze and also difficulty level options are refined to adequately required.
_________________

Ujjwal
Sharing is Gaining!

Current Student
User avatar
P
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 1124
Location: India
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 22:04
2
Top Contributor
ujjwal80 wrote:
Hi Gnpth, I appreciate your efforts in creating such a cool error log which provides good insight for anyone who is preparing on its own. However, I have a request for a feature that could be added to this error log for more insights.

If this log could give me the average time that took me to answer correct/wrong answers in particular sections then it will help even more in evaluating myself.



Hi ujjwal80

Thanks for the suggestion. I have added the average time charts under the respective "Stats" tab.

Here is the updated file.

Attachment:
File comment: Added the average time charts to the stats
Error_Log_Ability_Accuracy_With Time.xlsx [205.89 KiB]
Downloaded 606 times
To download please login or register as a user


_________________

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2017
Posts: 50
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 06:46
Gnpth wrote:
ujjwal80 wrote:
Hi Gnpth, I appreciate your efforts in creating such a cool error log which provides good insight for anyone who is preparing on its own. However, I have a request for a feature that could be added to this error log for more insights.

If this log could give me the average time that took me to answer correct/wrong answers in particular sections then it will help even more in evaluating myself.



Hi ujjwal80

Thanks for the suggestion. I have added the average time charts under the respective "Stats" tab.

Here is the updated file.

Attachment:
Error_Log_Ability_Accuracy_With Time.xlsx

Awesome Gnpth! This will definetely help me in evaluating myself evenmore. Thanks once again.
_________________

Ujjwal
Sharing is Gaining!

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 06:49
Thank you so much Gnpth! Your error log is very easy to use and very helpful for learners!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jun 2017
Posts: 6
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Transportation)
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 03:58
Hi Thank you very much for this error log. however it would be the first time I am attempting to use one. Can you please explain how do I fill up the data. Didn't quite understand the instructions. I usually practice 600-700 level and 700plus level questions only mostly and want to find my ability in that
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 26 Aug 2016
Posts: 628
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 10:02
bb, Gnpth,

Love you for the error log. Guys this really is exactly what i wanted.

Thanks a lot guys.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16976
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 10:04
1
Nightmare007 wrote:
bb, Gnpth,

Love you for the error log. Guys this really is exactly what i wanted.

Thanks a lot guys.


Glad you like it. You can give the credit to abhimahna.

P.S. Did we wait long enough to the point of you being done with GMAT or you still going for another shot?
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 26 Aug 2016
Posts: 628
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 10:19
bb wrote:
Nightmare007 wrote:
bb, Gnpth,

Love you for the error log. Guys this really is exactly what i wanted.

Thanks a lot guys.


Glad you like it. You can give the credit to abhimahna.

P.S. Did we wait long enough to the point of you being done with GMAT or you still going for another shot?



I am writing the test again.The field i am interested in requires better GMAT score. My D-Day is 27th July. Only thing I regret is GmatClub tests gonna expire in 12 days and had some trouble with EP2. Hopefully, I did not try any experiments with GMAT Question bank and EP1. :-D .

I will try to make most use of this error log.

bb, I thank you for asking.

abhimahna, This new look is one of the best workbook changes i have ever seen here from past 2 years.
Board of Directors
User avatar
V
Status: Stepping into my 10 years long dream
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 3614
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 10:22
1
Nightmare007 wrote:

abhimahna, This new look is one of the best workbook changes i have ever seen here from past 2 years.


Hey Nightmare007 ,

I am glad you like it. :-)

Make great notes and download the excel whenever you feel your error log is ready.

I will shortly post a detailed post on how to use it. :-)

Thanks
_________________

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.

Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 26 Aug 2016
Posts: 628
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 10:25
abhimahna wrote:
Nightmare007 wrote:

abhimahna, This new look is one of the best workbook changes i have ever seen here from past 2 years.


Hey Nightmare007 ,

I am glad you like it. :-)

Make great notes and download the excel whenever you feel your error log is ready.

I will shortly post a detailed post on how to use it. :-)

Thanks


I want to give 5 kudos for this single change but sadly i can give you only one :-) :thumbup: . Today from morning i had been sorting my work book questions. Finally in the night i got to see a surprise.
Board of Directors
User avatar
V
Status: Stepping into my 10 years long dream
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 3614
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 11:20
Nightmare007 wrote:
I want to give 5 kudos for this single change but sadly i can give you only one :-) :thumbup: . Today from morning i had been sorting my work book questions. Finally in the night i got to see a surprise.


Hey Nightmare007 ,

Thank you for your kind words.

Here is the detailed post on how to use it: https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-feature- ... 67762.html

Feedback welcome :-)
_________________

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 10:39
First time poster and wanted to say thank you for this wonderful error log! I just downloaded it to begin my error log journey. I have 2 questions about it though. The gmat prep study package I have does not appear to code their problems by any visible sort of difficulty. Is this error log still functional without difficulty level? The second question I have is I don't see the IR section captured in this, or really any error log I've seen on this forum. Is there a reason for that? Would it screw up the log if I added an IR section?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: New Error Log for GMAT Practice &nbs [#permalink] 22 Sep 2018, 10:39

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 58 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

New Error Log for GMAT Practice

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.