GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 04:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Official Guide 2019 released!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
Official Guide 2019 released!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 11:38

GMAT Official Guide 2019 Released

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/GMAT-Official-Gu ... 1119507677
GMAC Official EBOOK Site: https://www.efficientlearning.com/gmat/prepguides/official-ebook/
Error Log/Directory: https://gmatclub.com/forum/guide-to-the ... 71639.html

eBook:
  • 900 real questions from past GMAT exams, including 130 never-before-seen questions
  • An overview of the exam to help you get familiar with the content and format
  • Detailed answer explanations that explain how the test maker thinks about a question
  • Actual essay topics, sample responses, and scoring information
  • Comprehensive grammar and math review
  • Questions organized in order of difficulty from easiest to hardest to adjust your studyKey Performance Metrics

Online:
  • Access to the same questions in the GMAT® Official Guide PLUS 58 additional integrated reasoning questions
  • Ability to review and reattempt practice sets to improve performance
  • Options to build unique practice sets based on question types, difficulty level, and other filters

Price: $47 (vs. $25 for OG 2018)

My goal: 700 GMAT score - REACHED :-) | My debrief - first attempt 710 (Q44,V41,IR7)

If I could help you with my answer, consider giving me Kudos

Official GMAC Representative
B
Re: Official Guide 2019 released!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 18:50
Hello GMAT Club users,

We wanted to share that the GMAT Official Guide 2019 series is now available for purchase. You can now get print or eBook access to the only set of guides that use real, retired questions from the GMAT exam, including 220 newly released questions. Check out our Official GMAT Blog to learn more and get a discount on the guides.

And if you're feeling lucky, from now through July 18, we’re giving away a GMAT Official Guide Bundle every day for 30 days! Enter for a chance at the prize.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 20:42
Top Contributor
Hi Leah, thanks for sharing the news about the 2019 OG, which still has a week to go before its Amazon release date!

A few questions:

1) Will GMAC be releasing a list of the new/replaced questions in the 2019 OG as compared to the 2018 OG, as has been done in the past--or are we going to have to do the grunt work and figure it out for ourselves (as has also been done in the past)?
2) What file format is the e-book? Am I correct that there is no e-book option for the Quantitative and Verbal Review Guides?
3) Is the e-book compatible with e-readers such as Kindle?

Thanks,
Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Manager
Manager
S
Status: Started with mock tests,Kaplan and manhattan score's below
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 20:46
Should i use the most recent version of OG 2019 or the old OG 2015 would suffice.Have they made the changes related to reasoning for some particular type of questions in between these versions is my worry.

Thanks,
Ankit
Target Score:730+

If the post was useful,please send the kudos

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2018, 00:10
AnkitOrYadav wrote:
Should i use the most recent version of OG 2019 or the old OG 2015 would suffice.Have they made the changes related to reasoning for some particular type of questions in between these versions is my worry.
If that is your only worry, the 2015 will do just fine. The GMAC doesn't make too many changes to the quantitative and verbal sections, and even when it does, the changes it makes tend to be minor.

Ascore Prep | Online | Bangalore

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2018, 02:04
AnkitOrYadav wrote:

Either one is fine. the changes are not considerable. However, I prefer 2019 cuz it could be more relevant to the test
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2018, 02:24
AnkitOrYadav wrote:

They dont emphasize any change that effects significantly so no worries about which version. Just pick any of them
Director
Director
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2018, 04:26
AnkitOrYadav wrote:

Hi
The OG 2015 will suffice. You will find the additional questions in the new OG in Gmatclub within a few days.
You can also find all questions of OG 2016, 2017 and 2018 in Gmatclub under the respective sections.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2018, 04:51
AjiteshArun wrote:
AnkitOrYadav wrote:
If that is your only worry, the 2015 will do just fine. The GMAC doesn't make too many changes to the quantitative and verbal sections, and even when it does, the changes it makes tend to be minor.

Any suggestions whether to go for ebook version or the hard copy books??
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2018, 10:19
SD88 I recommend the eBook as it allows you to begin to adapt to the limitations of a computerized test. Plus it tends to be cheaper if you purchase it from a third-party seller.

James Supplee
GMAT Program Director
Clayborne Education

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2018, 12:33
Is there any justification for the price increase?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2018, 12:35
warwickstrategies wrote:

Monopoly? :-) or excessive IT costs related to the online platform they have not budgeted for?

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2018, 12:38
warwickstrategies wrote:

From what I can tell thus far, there's a significant amount of new problems, but neither the content nor the presentation of the content is any better. Also, the online presentation is still lackluster. So I would say there's no justification for the price increase. I'm still working through the Quant side though; I hope to have a full review ready to go by Tuesday.

James Supplee
GMAT Program Director
Clayborne Education

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2018, 12:40
bb wrote:
warwickstrategies wrote:

Monopoly? :-) or excessive IT costs related to the online platform they have not budgeted for?

The only issue with that is that they're competing with the 2018 version of their own book which is 85% the same at 55% of the price.

And spending what I can only presume was $0 on IT costs for the last 10 years, you would think they would have had some budget saved up.
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2018, 20:20
SD88 wrote:
Any suggestions whether to go for ebook version or the hard copy books??
Both give you access to the questions on the online Wiley platform, so an ebook is really not all that different. On the other hand, if you need access to the questions even without access to the internet, an ebook would be better, as you would have to download it just once.

Ascore Prep | Online | Bangalore

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 12:02
GMAC gave us 51 new Quant problems in this year’s guide (out of the 404 that appear in the book). Unfortunately, they did not provide any new advanced problems (rated as a difficulty level of 8 or higher on our 10-point scale). In fact, the most difficult of the new problems only rated at a level 6. So the Quant section of the new Official Guide might not be more helpful than the 2018 version for those of you aiming for the 700+ level.

Contentwise, the 2019 book is quite similar to the 2018 edition, as to be expected. There were slight increases in the numbers of Algebra and Geometry questions at the expense of Arithmetic questions. In more granular detail, there are 5 new Statistics questions, granting it entry into the double-digit club (stats is now covered in 10.4 percent of questions). This shift seems consistent with the material covered on the official practice tests as well. So we would certainly recommend emphasizing stats in your GMAT prep. The other significant increase came in Equations, specifically Modeling Equations, which accounted for most of the increase in Algebra problems.

In conclusion, the Official Guide 2019 doesn’t provide all that much in the way of new and challenging content on the Quant section, but still provides the most up-to-date material for your GMAT prep. If you have any questions about the new Official Guide or the GMAT, please feel free to pm me. Happy studying!

PS: Verbal and Misc. posts coming

James Supplee
GMAT Program Director
Clayborne Education

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 14:32
claybornejames wrote:
GMAC gave us 51 new Quant problems in this year’s guide (out of the 404 that appear in the book). Unfortunately, they did not provide any new advanced problems (rated as a difficulty level of 8 or higher on our 10-point scale). In fact, the most difficult of the new problems only rated at a level 6. So the Quant section of the new Official Guide might not be more helpful than the 2018 version for those of you aiming for the 700+ level.

Contentwise, the 2019 book is quite similar to the 2018 edition, as to be expected. There were slight increases in the numbers of Algebra and Geometry questions at the expense of Arithmetic questions. In more granular detail, there are 5 new Statistics questions, granting it entry into the double-digit club (stats is now covered in 10.4 percent of questions). This shift seems consistent with the material covered on the official practice tests as well. So we would certainly recommend emphasizing stats in your GMAT prep. The other significant increase came in Equations, specifically Modeling Equations, which accounted for most of the increase in Algebra problems.

In conclusion, the Official Guide 2019 doesn’t provide all that much in the way of new and challenging content on the Quant section, but still provides the most up-to-date material for your GMAT prep. If you have any questions about the new Official Guide or the GMAT, please feel free to pm me. Happy studying!

PS: Verbal and Misc. posts coming

For some attempt at comparison - on the SAT standardized test, the College Board official guide is sufficient to score in the 700s.
Does one use supplemental material apart from the official guide to score in the 700s on the GMAT?
What is the maximum score one can achieve with official guide problems "rated at a level 6"?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 14:58
gmatzpractice great question! The Official Guide doesn't include too many 700+ level problems, but there are some in there. This post was specifically referring to the new content in the OG 2019. In our rating system, we aim for a curve that matches the GMAT score thresholds. So an average problem that we score as a 5 would be roughly the kind of problem that a 550 level scorer should be answering correctly. For more advanced content, we partner with Magoosh so that all of our students have access to Magoosh's question bank, which has many more advanced level questions. Also, the official supplemental guide has more advanced problems.

So I would say that the Official Guide provides plenty of material for test takers looking to score in the 600-650 range, but those who are aiming higher should seek some more advanced content in either the supplemental guides or third-party sites.

James Supplee
GMAT Program Director
Clayborne Education

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 11:25
Anyone know if there is a spreedsheet for the OG 2019 like there is for 2018 edition?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 11:39
Yes. It is available. :-)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Re: Official Guide 2019 released! &nbs [#permalink] 26 Jul 2018, 11:39

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 23 posts ] 

Official Guide 2019 released!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap