Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:53 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
swappatil123 wrote:
Hello All,

Can someone please help me with what financial documents should be submitted along with the application to NUS? I am planning to fund my MBA with education loan and some savings. My savings and annual salary do not add up to total cost incurred for MBA. What should I do in this case?

Just attaching your salary slip will do ...
You can take up the loan after that. even I did the same
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Quick Note for all NUS Applicants: We are organizing a live chat session for NUS applicants in January in which Jennifer Luo - Assistant Manager (Marketing and Admissions) at NUS BSchool, will take part and chat with prospective applicants. We shall post detailed information regarding the chat in this thread very soon.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
forcechen wrote:
Hi guys,
here is a question, if I receive offer from NUS, when do I need to confirm the offer and pay the deposit? within two weeks or something?

Thanks !

I think you have around 2 weeks to accept the offer. A look at the last year's thread may shed more light on this.
Or may be wait till mid - late January to find out from the admits of this year :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
forcechen wrote:
Hi guys,
here is a question, if I receive offer from NUS, when do I need to confirm the offer and pay the deposit? within two weeks or something?

Thanks !

I think you have around 2 weeks to accept the offer. A look at the last year's thread may shed more light on this.
Or may be wait till mid - late January to find out from the admits of this year :)

Thank you!
Considering that most of them have submitted their apps, will I be at a disadvantage if I submit my app now ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
swappatil123 wrote:
Hello All,

Can someone please help me with what financial documents should be submitted along with the application to NUS? I am planning to fund my MBA with education loan and some savings. My savings and annual salary do not add up to total cost incurred for MBA. What should I do in this case?

Just attaching your salary slip will do ...
You can take up the loan after that. even I did the same

Thanks for the information..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Guys, can anyone share LOR questions for NUS and NTU (NBS).
Thanks in Advance!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
nit8308 wrote:
Thanks in Advance!!

Here are the questions for NUS:

1. How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity/context?
2. In your opinion, what is the candidate's leadership potential for the next five years?
3. Please provide three memorable achievements the applicant attained in your company.
4. Kindly provide an instance when the applicant exhibited any one of the the following qualities. (a) Entrepreneurship (b)Leadership (c) Exceptional work performance
5. From what you understand of the applicant, what are his/her main motivations or interests in life?

Not sure about NBS, but I think all of the recommendation questions are on the same lines.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
nit8308 wrote:
Thanks in Advance!!

2. In your opinion, what is the candidate's leadership potential for the next five years?
3. Please provide three memorable achievements the applicant attained in your company.
4. Kindly provide an instance when the applicant exhibited any one of the the following qualities. (a) Entrepreneurship (b)Leadership (c) Exceptional work performance
5. From what you understand of the applicant, what are his/her main motivations or interests in life?

Not sure about NBS, but I think all of the recommendation questions are on the same lines.

Thanks Ankur, can you please share the word limit of each question too.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
aditi.tyagi05 wrote:
Thanks Ankur, can you please share the word limit of each question too.

I am not sure about the word limit, but I think it was 200 words per question.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
nit8308 wrote:
Thanks in Advance!!

Thanks a lot Ankur !!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
AnnouncementLive Chat with NUS Adcoms

Dear Applicants,

GMAT Club and NUS Business School will be jointly conducting Live Q&A session for GMAT Club members applying to NUS. Jennifer Luo - Assistant Manager of Admissions and Marketing at NUS - will take part in the session and dialogue with prospective applicants to answer their questions about applications, essays, interviews, scholarships, and life at NUS. So save the event to your Google Calendar and present in the chat room with your questions.

Date: January 12, 2016.
Time: 8 AM Pacific Time. (4 PM GMT, 9:30 PM IST) (12 AM to 1 AM, January 13, for those attending from Singapore)
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Here is schedule of all Live Q&A sessions. announcement-mba-info-sessions-on-gmatclub-174827.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Do NUS need class X & XII marks? I don't see any space to fill up those data...Another thing is what is Registration Number / Test Report Form Number of GMAT? There is appointment number & GMAT ID number on the mark sheet...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
End of the road with NUS. Denied without an Interview!

The mail reads:

Thank you for expressing interest in the NUS Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme.

The Admissions Committee has completed the review of your application for admission to the NUS MBA programme for August 2016 intake. Despite your many merits as a candidate, we regret to inform that we are unable to consider your application for admission for the August 2016 intake.

Profile:

GMAT - 680 Q48,V35
Work-ex - 8.5 (Oracle)
Submitted - 23/12/2015
Ding Update - 06/01/2016.
Extra curricular - Moderate

All the best to others who are still waiting for your decisions.

Vijay
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi, I am new to this forum, monitoring all experts speech and valuable ideas. Indeed this is my first post.
I am preparing for GMAT full time, have 2.2 yrs of work exp. Have actively participated in Social activities and PM for few NGO projects.
Just to know, what is a good GMAT score accepted by NUS and NTU. I know there isn't any good or bad score, but there would be some minimum score to be considered as an applicant?
When everyone are talking about their final interview or their final stage, am asking the minimum score to apply :x i know am mad.
Many thanks for the reply(if any) :-D
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Raghavhari wrote:
Hi, I am new to this forum, monitoring all experts speech and valuable ideas. Indeed this is my first post.
I am preparing for GMAT full time, have 2.2 yrs of work exp. Have actively participated in Social activities and PM for few NGO projects.
Just to know, what is a good GMAT score accepted by NUS and NTU. I know there isn't any good or bad score, but there would be some minimum score to be considered as an applicant?
When everyone are talking about their final interview or their final stage, am asking the minimum score to apply :x i know am mad.
Many thanks for the reply(if any) :-D

Raghavhari,

As an Indian, which is the most represented category among b-school applicants (yes, Indians would apply if there was a b-school in Iceland or the North Pole also), its always wise to target for a score above 700.
There are two important factors considered for NUS : they prefer candidates with 5+ years WE. Secondly, they prefer some international experience.
If you are planning to apply this year, you may fall short on both these counts.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
My application status now says 'Rejected - interview'

Looks I didnt make it.... atleast expected to be on the waitlist.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts