Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:11 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
EPGP: IIMB
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ykameswar wrote:
Hi,

I am from Hyderabad and planning to apply to R2 this year. I would like to get in touch with the current students or alumni to understand the program better.
Can you please assist me in this regard?

Appreciate your help!

Please check the personal message I have sent you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]
Hi @IIMB EPGP Team

My GMAT score is 720(48/40) and my work experience just makes the cut with 4.2 years in Aerospace and Defence (Tata Engineering Services).
Should I apply or the experience level is less?

Regards
Satyarth
Send PM
Expert Reply
Cadaver wrote:
Hi @IIMB EPGP Team

My GMAT score is 720(48/40) and my work experience just makes the cut with 4.2 years in Aerospace and Defence (Tata Engineering Services).
Should I apply or the experience level is less?

Regards
Satyarth

Your experience level falls in the acceptable range of 4 to 15 years; hence you can apply.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Hi IIM-B Admissions team,

I have my application ready and i have also taken the GMAT (on Nov 24, 2015.)

However, what I do not have is the official GMAT score yet. I have uploaded the scanned copy of the unofficial score report that we receive immediately on taking the exam.

If I do get the official score report by Nov 30, I will upload the same, but just in case the official score report is not available before Nov 30, would my application not be considered ?

Also, during the exam, I had requested that IIM-B as one of the business schools to receive my official score.

Thanks,
Vijay
Send PM
Expert Reply
svijayaug12 wrote:
Hi IIM-B Admissions team,

I have my application ready and i have also taken the GMAT (on Nov 24, 2015.)

However, what I do not have is the official GMAT score yet. I have uploaded the scanned copy of the unofficial score report that we receive immediately on taking the exam.

If I do get the official score report by Nov 30, I will upload the same, but just in case the official score report is not available before Nov 30, would my application not be considered ?

Also, during the exam, I had requested that IIM-B as one of the business schools to receive my official score.

Thanks,
Vijay

Your application should be considered. please bring the official report along with you when you come for the interview.
SDA Bocconi Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi IIMB EPGP Team,

Two quick questions for you:

1. In how many days calls for interviews for second round can be expected?

2. Are the dates of interviews same (12 Dec and 13 Dec) or are there some changes?

Regards,

DJ
Send PM
Expert Reply
akashganga wrote:
Hi IIMB EPGP Team,

Two quick questions for you:

1. In how many days calls for interviews for second round can be expected?

2. Are the dates of interviews same (12 Dec and 13 Dec) or are there some changes?

Regards,

DJ

There is no change in the interview dates so far. First round interview calls came one week before the dates; hence, you should expect them by Monday 07/12.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hi IIMB EPGP Team,

I applied on 30th November and still waiting for interview call.
Any update whether calls are over or I can still hope :-).

Also checked on official portal: https://hrm.iimb.ernet.in/iimb/ePGP-15/e ... erview.htm
Although I am entering correct details, It keeps on saying invalid application ID.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
rachitarora wrote:
Hi IIMB EPGP Team,

Also checked on official portal: https://hrm.iimb.ernet.in/iimb/ePGP-15/e ... erview.htm
Although I am entering correct details, It keeps on saying invalid application ID.

Get in touch with the EPGP team on pagalguy.com. You can expect a quicker reply there I guess!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
rachitarora wrote:
Hi IIMB EPGP Team,

I received the interview call today (but mine will be a Skype interview).
Also, if the system is not recognising your application number, I think you should call them up and check if they received your application on time.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Heartiest congratulations to all successful candidates! Please note that we will create official Google and Facebook grps post 31st Jan, which is the last day to request acceptance fee refund. These groups would be used for all official communication and queries from candidates who chose to accept their offer. We would get back to you post 31st Jan as we would need help from some of you to manage these groups.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Profile assessment:

I am an IT professional with 8 years of industry experience. I also have 1.5 years of international exposure. My academic scores have been 88% in school and 74% in college. I have been an active participant in various extra- curricular activities throughout college and also during my career. I am going to write the GMAT in April this year and hope to get a score of 700+ (I have been getting 680+ in practice tests ..so hope to cross the 700 mark after 2 more months of practice).

I target to make to EPGP 2017 batch and have the following queries:
1- What does the admission committee look for in the application? How should I write my profile so that it doesnt look like another IT profile (which is the max %age of applicants).
2 - Do I need to have certificates for every extra curricular activity that I have undertaken during college or work?
3- My current work profile is a non-managerial role. Does the admission committee necessarily look for middle management applicants?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Send PM