It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 11:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2015, 03:38
poddarpr wrote:
Hi,

I have couple of queries.

1. How can I distinguish between core and elective courses on the website. I was not able to do it.
2. Is there a separate section to detail about international experience or is it just the radio button (Y,N) that needs to be selected?

Thanks,
Prashant


Hi,
1. Following are the core courses in current year - Competition and Strategy, Business Law, Managerial Economics, Macroeconomics, Emerging Economies, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Cost Management, Corporate Finance, Corporate governance & ethics, Managing People and Performance in Organizations, Designing organizations, Marketing Management, Operations Management. Quantitative Analysis and Modeling, Entrepreneurial Management.
Rest of the subjects listed on EPGP webpage are electives; However, list it is not a comprehensive list as new electives keep getting added to the course and also depend on students' inclination.

2. It should just be the radio button; However, you may highlight it in your SOP
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2015
Posts: 5
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2015, 19:48
Does EPGP students get to work on research work conducted by Centres of Excellence?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 6
Schools: Said'16 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2015, 11:41
Hi ,

I have one query
1) Do we need to send the official GMAT score to IIMB now, or is it needed post the interview. As of now i have uploaded the official student copy of my GMAT score and the section is validated.

Please guide.
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2015, 03:48
jasmeetpu wrote:
Hi ,

I have one query
1) Do we need to send the official GMAT score to IIMB now, or is it needed post the interview. As of now i have uploaded the official student copy of my GMAT score and the section is validated.

Please guide.


Please contact the admission department with this query:-

For Admission Information:
Contact No: +91-80-2699 3013 / 3017
Email: epgpadm@iimb.ernet.in
IVRS No: +91-80-2648 4650

EPGP Admissions related queries
Phone: +91-80-26581340 (Monday to Friday)
Timings: 9:30 am-1:00 pm/2:00 pm-5:30 pm
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2015, 03:51
poddarpr wrote:
Does EPGP students get to work on research work conducted by Centres of Excellence?


Hi,

Students have the option to work on comprehensive projects (CP) and independent studies (IS) that are guided by professors from various departments. You are free to contact professors from areas of your interest and work with them to select a CP or an IS
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2015
Posts: 5
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2015, 20:42
EPGPIIMB wrote:
poddarpr wrote:
Does EPGP students get to work on research work conducted by Centres of Excellence?


Hi,

Students have the option to work on comprehensive projects (CP) and independent studies (IS) that are guided by professors from various departments. You are free to contact professors from areas of your interest and work with them to select a CP or an IS


Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.8
GMAT ToolKit User
Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2015, 05:49
I have just over 6 years of experience working as a Business intelligence and Analytics specialist. I have worked with consulting,aerospace,defense and aviation,manufacturing companies over the years.Currently i work with a global bank in Asset Management technology.
I have decent acads (Xth-86%,XIIth-85%,Btech-8.4/10) and fairly good extracurriculars.What i dont have is a good GMAT score. I have only a 640. Should i apply to this progam or should i work on improving my GMAT score?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Posts: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '16, IIMB
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Other)
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2015, 11:18
I would like some information from EPGP students (preferably women) with families and young children. Is it possible for me to reach out to one of the previous batch students or their families for more detailed information on Schools/ChildCare etc?
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2015, 02:35
chetanmohanty wrote:
I have just over 6 years of experience working as a Business intelligence and Analytics specialist. I have worked with consulting,aerospace,defense and aviation,manufacturing companies over the years.Currently i work with a global bank in Asset Management technology.
I have decent acads (Xth-86%,XIIth-85%,Btech-8.4/10) and fairly good extracurriculars.What i dont have is a good GMAT score. I have only a 640. Should i apply to this progam or should i work on improving my GMAT score?


Hi,
There is no official cutoff for GMAT score and admissions are offered based on the complete profile. Last year's GMAT score range is 660 - 760. I would encourage you to apply with this score in case it is not possible for you to improve it before the application deadline.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Posts: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '16, IIMB
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Other)
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2015, 10:27
Is this the valid link for interview call shortlist. I'm an in an international location and expecting a skype interview. This link tells me Incorrect application number for my 12 digit application number.

http://hrm.iimb.ernet.in/iimb/ePGP-15/e ... erview.htm
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2015, 20:15
MBAISB2016 wrote:
Is this the valid link for interview call shortlist. I'm an in an international location and expecting a skype interview. This link tells me Incorrect application number for my 12 digit application number.

http://hrm.iimb.ernet.in/iimb/ePGP-15/e ... erview.htm


Hi, Is your issue resolved? Please call the admissions office during IST working hours, for technical issues.

For Admission Information:
Contact No: +91-80-2699 3013 / 3017
Email: epgpadm@iimb.ernet.in
IVRS No: +91-80-2648 4650

EPGP Admissions related queries
Phone: +91-80-26581340 (Monday to Friday)
Timings: 9:30 am-1:00 pm/2:00 pm-5:30 pm
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Mar 2015
Posts: 10
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 07:49
Will IIMB admission committee let the applicants know if they are NOT shortlisted or is it like if there are no further updates, one can assume that he/she didn't make it ?
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 19:34
anilbhatt1 wrote:
Will IIMB admission committee let the applicants know if they are NOT shortlisted or is it like if there are no further updates, one can assume that he/she didn't make it ?


Hi
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed by email. You may check your application status online - http://hrm.iimb.ernet.in/iimb/ePGP-15/e ... erview.htm
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Posts: 132
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.38
Reviews Badge
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2015, 04:53
Does IIM Bangalore accepts students applying for second mba. Is there any requirement for minimum work experience at the time of applying. I have 3 years work experience post first MBA. Also, what are the average GMAT score and post mba placement scenario.
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2015, 05:11
1988achilles wrote:
Does IIM Bangalore accepts students applying for second mba. Is there any requirement for minimum work experience at the time of applying. I have 3 years work experience post first MBA. Also, what are the average GMAT score and post mba placement scenario.


Hi, We have students in current batch who already have an MBA degree so the answer to your first question should be yes. Minimum Experience required is 4 years. GMAT score range for the current batch is 660 to 760. Please refer the placement brochure on the EPGP website for details about placements.
http://www.iimb.ernet.in/programmes/post_graduate/epgp
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 32
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.04
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 11:55
Hi All, i am looking for some honest feedback and If I really have a shot with the king of GMAT score I have ?

Career Snapshot : 10 - 85%
12- 77%
Mechanical engg. ( 7.6 CGPA out of 10)
GMAT - 650

Overall Work Experience ( 7+ years + 7 months entrepreneurial experience )
Work Experience( 2.5 years WIPRO SAP Supply chain software Competency , building Proof of concepts for Demand Planning and Supply Planning )
HP Printer business ( Supply Planner) 1 .2 years
Bristlecone ( Supply chain Consulting 2.4 years Implementing SAP SCM for Hitech Industry Onsite exp. at USA , London ) 2.4 years
Pricewaterhousecoopers 1. 5 years ( Supply Chain Consulting - 2 years implementing SAP SCM for Hitech industry)

2012 January to 2012 July - Started a website to sell old books online by aggregating old books stores in bangalore.
Lost interest due to financial problems . Flopped u can say.

( Does this add value ? ) Can't prove it also now !!

Planning to take up 1 year mba in operations.

Do i have any chance at IIM B EPGP ?
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 20:58
bissasa wrote:
Hi All, i am looking for some honest feedback and If I really have a shot with the king of GMAT score I have ?

Career Snapshot : 10 - 85%
12- 77%
Mechanical engg. ( 7.6 CGPA out of 10)
GMAT - 650

Overall Work Experience ( 7+ years + 7 months entrepreneurial experience )
Work Experience( 2.5 years WIPRO SAP Supply chain software Competency , building Proof of concepts for Demand Planning and Supply Planning )
HP Printer business ( Supply Planner) 1 .2 years
Bristlecone ( Supply chain Consulting 2.4 years Implementing SAP SCM for Hitech Industry Onsite exp. at USA , London ) 2.4 years
Pricewaterhousecoopers 1. 5 years ( Supply Chain Consulting - 2 years implementing SAP SCM for Hitech industry)

2012 January to 2012 July - Started a website to sell old books online by aggregating old books stores in bangalore.
Lost interest due to financial problems . Flopped u can say.

( Does this add value ? ) Can't prove it also now !!

Planning to take up 1 year mba in operations.

Do i have any chance at IIM B EPGP ?



Hi,
GMAT score is just one aspect of the application and is never by itself a make or break factor. Since, you have a competitive profile and a standout factor of a startup, I would encourage you to apply, highlighting your strengths in the application.
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 20:58
Expert's post
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Are you a prospective MBA candidate looking to get into IIMB's One Year full time residential MBA program(EPGP)? Here is something that will interest you!

IIM Bangalore is organising its flagship Business Event - Sammantran , designed exclusively for MBA students and experienced professionals . Sammantran is scheduled to be organized on Nov1st 2015. The central theme for this event is "India Unorganized - Tapping the potential of India's unorganized sector". The main events include panel discussions, a case competition and a Business Solution competition. Sammantran will have a eclectic mix of participants from top Indian business schools, IIMB alumni, corporate participants, industry thought leaders and world class professors. Don't miss this chance to interact with current EPGP students, alumni and students from other business schools. Click on the link below to reserve your seat:

http://iimberpsrv.iimb.ernet.in/prod/sfeupp.pshow?pauth=1163B78881AB8BFFC7A57F5F43906B59
Expert Post
Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Status: Official EPGP IIMB
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Joined: 06 May 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
EPGP: IIMB
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:00
IIMB EPGP proudly announces its pioneering initiative of engaging with prospective students. Be a part of Sammantran 2015 and get to spend a fantastic day at IIMB EPGP.

- Network with Current EPGP batch and alumni.

- Meet industry leaders, eminent academicians, policy advocates & investors.

- Hear thought provoking insights on the India's Unorganized Sector.

- Witness India's top B school students vie for glory in 'Nirmiti' and 'Abhyas'.

- Explore the serene campus of IIM Bangalore.

- A lavish lunch and refreshments.

Don't miss this exclusive opportunity!

Register @ http://www.sammantran-iimb.com/login.php
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Posts: 23
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 01:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi

I wanted to know if there were any student ambassadors for the program. How can i get in touch with any current students or Alumni to learn more about the program.
I have certain questions pertaining to the structure of the program and also regarding the prospects of this program related to career prospects post epgp specifically for a guy with 5.5-6 years experience given majority of the class will have at least 8-9 years of experience.
Any suggestions/help will be really great.
Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2015, 01:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 87 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.