It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 04:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 76

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.38
Reviews Badge
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 11:12
EPGPIIMB wrote:
1988achilles wrote:
Hello,

I have 4 years work experience and i will be applying for Class of 2017-18. I will be going for second MBA.

Does, the college has any problem with candidates applying with a prior MBA degree. Also, i already gave GMAT and scored 640. Is the score good for the admission or should i give GMAT again.

Also, are there living quarters available for married students. I will be staying with my wife.

Regards.

Hi,

There should not be any problem because of your previous MBA; in fact, you could use it as a positive if you are clear about why you wish to pursue a second MBA.

I would advice you to improve your GMAT score as it is less than the minimum GMAT score in last two batches.

Family accommodation is available for married students.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What is the minimum and average GMAT score of the last few batch. What is the average work experience of the previous few batch.

Regards.

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 76

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2016, 05:13
Hi,

I have a doubt. I have seen from the last year's student records that a majority of selected candidates have international work experience. Does it really matter.
I have a decent profile, but do not have an international experience per se. Here is the profile:
Work Ex: 6.5 years (on March 31st), in a US based Telecom Company as R&D Engineer
GMAT 710
B.Tech 73%
12th 80.8%
10th 86.2%
Drummer and Manager of a Metal band that has done shows across the country and has done few TV episodes for a reputed channel's music program.

So, will the lack of international experience alter my prospects?

Thanks

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 197

Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2016, 06:27
I would like to ask what is the over emphasis on so called extra curricular activities such as doing social work, community service, being a dancer or singer etc? Is the B-School going to recruit media personalities or politicians? Business is a "for-profit" activity for which logically a business school must measure one's business acumen as much as possible from one's past experience and interview. By reading all the posts in various B-School threads by candidates and admission consultants on such activities i begin to assume that either the candidates posting here do not have an idea going into MBA or the B-Schools do not want mature individuals focused purely on Management Studies? Or is it the case that freshers and experienced are being treated alike? Can someone shed light on this?
These things are like an interviewer asking someone "How do you see yourself 5 years from now?". In an uncertain world, the only suitable answer is "I see myself 5 years older" lol. Sorry for venting out but i have little tolerance to irrelevance and I would opt not to even target a B-School that would consider such irrelevant criteria.
No one would spend a bomb to end up doing community service or pursue some form of art such as dancing or singing! Or just imagine a senior management person dressed in formals just dancing on the floor amidst of tense environment!! :lol: :lol:

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 197

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 10

Schools: IIMB EPGP"18 (A)
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2016, 00:05
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I want to refer GyanOne MBA Admission Consultants for all applicants applying for IIM Bangalore. I have just received my admit from IIM Bangalore, and want to thank GyanOne for their guidance and support for the same. It has been a pleasure working with them, as their service is very professional and focussed. They have expertise in the admission and interview processes of all top IIMs, and I have certainly benefitted a lot from the same. Cheers

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2016, 04:27
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for IIMB EPGP R2 this year; and it will be great if I can talk to current students, alumni to get a better understanding of the program and its prospects.

I would like some feedback on my potential chances based on my profile:

I have around 7.5 years work ex in the industry. Working as a Tech Lead at a product development MNC and looking for a role change.
I make short films on social topics for fun.

I have 2 MS degrees with research exp from USA along with work exp from the US. I was wondering if IIMB considers academic research exp as work exp because then I will have around 10.

GMAT score : 720 (Q49, V 40) AWA : 5 and IR 3
I am a bit worried about the IR, can someone experienced let me know if it might negatively impact my chances during the admission process?

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2017, 22:23
EMPI is the proud pioneer for conducting Business Analytics education awarding 2-Years full time PGDM (approved by AICTE/ equivalent to MBA, Approved by AIU) since 2008. Celebrating its 20th year, EMPI in association with the IBM now announces ‘Innovation’ embedded, industry integrated analytics programs enhancing thereby global career opportunity for employment.

EMPI Business Shool New Delhi

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 530 Q48 V17
GPA: 3.83
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 04:46
Hi EPGP-IIM Bangalore,

I gave my 2nd attempt of gmat in Jun and got a 640 (q49,v28). In my first attempt, I got a 530 (q48,v17).

I am an Indian female with about 6 yrs of exp in IT Software, worked with two companies , TCS and Accenture. I have been doing great at job with lot of best employee awards for doing automations and resolving complex business issues with the data reconciliation, saving the client a thousand of pounds. Currently I am leading the Oracle BI Apps module integrated with Informatica and customizing solutions for the client.

I am an active CSR volunteer and did national volunteering for ecowatch events. Shown great presence in spreading digital awareness program among underprivileged students and bringing out coders within them. I was also the HR spoc for my project and arranged events like picnic for about 100 people, quarterly awards for best performance etc.

My academics are also good like in
-10th, 89.8%, (Merit student certificate from CBSE)
-12th, 89.6% (Amul vidyabhushan award)
-B tech in electrical n electronics , 85% (gold medallist, branch topper) CGPA : 9.24
I was engaged in lot of extra curricular activities at school also like painting and essay writing competitions etc. also learned kathak for about 1 year.

I want to apply for IIMB, and I am confident about my profile. What are my chances in IIM-B EPGP-2017 applications?

Many thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 5

Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2017, 04:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 87 posts ] 

Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap