Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:12 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [4]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Invited to Interview
16 Jan, 2020
17 Jan 2020, 00:46
Private, GMAT: 730, Q50, V38; WE: 60 months; United States, CA; via Email
via consortium [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Ross Michigan DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 43 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q50 V38), heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 49 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q49 V41), GPA: 3.56, Industry: Health Care, WE 36, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Hi bhaumik93, congrats on the invite!

The AdCom will weigh all interviews equally, so the choice between in-person and Skype should be driven more by which format you feel more comfortable with. The AdComs will also tell you to first try and do an in-person interview as it makes for a more natural and engaging conversation for most people. But, if you're someone who is comfortable talking into a screen and can quickly establish a rapport with a person who's not physically in front of you, then it's completely fine to go for a Skype interview. I can definitely tell you that Skype interviews are not 'looked down upon' - if so, the AdComs would not be spending time and energy coaching the student interviewers. :)

I chose to do a Skype interview with a Ross MBA 2 (in fact, I did all my other school interviews online as well, either by design or by choice) and had a fantastic experience!

I can't speak much about interviewing in-person with an alum, but I can talk about my reasons for choosing to interview with current students. Firstly, student interviewers are MBA2s who have been in the applicant's shoes a year back, and hence generally tend to be kinder and more open to listening. They also receive extensive anti-bias training. More importantly, if you mention particular resources/opportunities at Ross that you are interested in, chances are that those would resonate more with a student interviewer who might either himself/herself be utilizing those or have friends/peers who've taken up those classes/projects/clubs vs. an alum who might have attended school 10-15 years ago. Additionally, if you've been networking and have already spoken to current students during your school research/essay writing process, you can drop names (nicely, of course :) ) and it might be that your interviewer knows that person, which can be a good way to establish a rapport too.

TL;DR - If you're not able to find an in-person interview slot and you are reasonably comfortable with talking into a screen, don't sweat it and go for a Skype interview. All interviews are considered equal by the AdCom.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your interview! :thumbup:

bhaumik93 wrote:
Thanks variantguy for the tips.

How important is it to have face to face interview? Are Skype interviews looked down negativity?

Currently i am unable to find a timeslot which suits my schedule to interview with an alum

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Thanks variantguy super helpful!

Just booked my online skype interview :)

variantguy wrote:
Hi bhaumik93, congrats on the invite!

The AdCom will weigh all interviews equally, so the choice between in-person and Skype should be driven more by which format you feel more comfortable with. The AdComs will also tell you to first try and do an in-person interview as it makes for a more natural and engaging conversation for most people. But, if you're someone who is comfortable talking into a screen and can quickly establish a rapport with a person who's not physically in front of you, then it's completely fine to go for a Skype interview. I can definitely tell you that Skype interviews are not 'looked down upon' - if so, the AdComs would not be spending time and energy coaching the student interviewers. :)

I chose to do a Skype interview with a Ross MBA 2 (in fact, I did all my other school interviews online as well, either by design or by choice) and had a fantastic experience!

I can't speak much about interviewing in-person with an alum, but I can talk about my reasons for choosing to interview with current students. Firstly, student interviewers are MBA2s who have been in the applicant's shoes a year back, and hence generally tend to be kinder and more open to listening. They also receive extensive anti-bias training. More importantly, if you mention particular resources/opportunities at Ross that you are interested in, chances are that those would resonate more with a student interviewer who might either himself/herself be utilizing those or have friends/peers who've taken up those classes/projects/clubs vs. an alum who might have attended school 10-15 years ago. Additionally, if you've been networking and have already spoken to current students during your school research/essay writing process, you can drop names (nicely, of course :) ) and it might be that your interviewer knows that person, which can be a good way to establish a rapport too.

TL;DR - If you're not able to find an in-person interview slot and you are reasonably comfortable with talking into a screen, don't sweat it and go for a Skype interview. All interviews are considered equal by the AdCom.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your interview! :thumbup:

bhaumik93 wrote:
Thanks variantguy for the tips.

How important is it to have face to face interview? Are Skype interviews looked down negativity?

Currently i am unable to find a timeslot which suits my schedule to interview with an alum

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Awesome! :thumbup: Good luck and look forward to your interview debrief! :)

Feel free to DM if you want to discuss anything about the interview.

bhaumik93 wrote:
Thanks variantguy super helpful!

Just booked my online skype interview :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Anyone sign up for the consortium interview day? Did you get any sort of confirmation after completing the survey ?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Starting in Fall 2020, Michigan Ross will offer a new STEM track in its full-time MBA program! :cool: Ross full-time MBA students, including the class of 2021, interested in pursuing a STEM-designated degree can elect to do so. More details on the requirements will be made available in February.

Read the complete story here: https://michiganross.umich.edu/ross-new ... a-students

There are more efforts being done to help international students. The Career Development Office will be hiring a staff member focused on sourcing job postings for international students both in and outside of the U.S, in addition to a Career Coach to support international students with their particular recruiting needs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Does anyone know when is the round-1 enrollment deadline for Ross?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
February 17

adiang wrote:
Does anyone know when is the round-1 enrollment deadline for Ross?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi, hope all is well with everyone. Just wanted to check if anyone here is going to the upcoming Tokyo team exercise on 8 Feb? I have flights to Tokyo booked from 7-9 Feb so I thought to connect ahead and perhaps hangout during that time. Please pm me :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Wishing us all luck tomorrow as we wait for final R2 interview invites.

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Good luck guys! Join main chat room to stay in touch with fellow applicants.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ross Michigan DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 24 minutes ago, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 40 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.23, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 48, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Does it make sense to apply to Ross in round 3 as an international applicant (indian)? I mean are they accepting of international applicants in round 3?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
admission2020 wrote:
Does it make sense to apply to Ross in round 3 as an international applicant (indian)? I mean are they accepting of international applicants in round 3?

The following is from their Application Requirements page:
"While you are welcome to apply in Round 3, international applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their materials in Rounds 1 or 2 to allow sufficient time for visa processing."

https://michiganross.umich.edu/graduate/full-time-mba/admissions/application-requirements
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: Q163 V159
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Hey did any R1 applicants that had been denied get any feedback from the adcom?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi guys, has anybody in round 1 or 2 had experience with interviewing with an alumni? I have an interview scheduled in Feb and wanted to you understand if this would be a lot different from an interview with a student or Admissions officer.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts