GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 20:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Planning GOT 2020 - Looking Feedback and Suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
GPA: 3.87
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Planning GOT 2020 - Looking Feedback and Suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 10:02
Staphyk wrote:
What Bunuel or bb might judge as best explanation might not be the case for me ,You or anyone else right?

Staphyk, yes, right, but I'm just curious about how to make it easy and less time consuming, while came across with hundreds of explanations and get confused

(no one is ideal, please correct if you see any mistakes or gaps in my explanation, it will be helpful for both of us, thank you)

Director
D
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Planning GOT 2020 - Looking Feedback and Suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2020, 06:43
GKomoku wrote:
bb wrote:
GOT 2020 is Coming... :shocked

In summer of 2019 we have run a Game of Timers promotion (GOT) and we are planning to do another round in the summer of 2020. If you have participated in GOT 2019 and have any feedback or even if you have not participated, would love to hear any suggestions you may have to contribute to the more successful competition in summer of 2020

Thank you!
BB.

hello bb and everyone!

sounds tempting :inlove: let's wait for July then :thumbup:

bb, I have a small suggestion,
but it is not related to the competition process directly, rather knowledge we get from posted GOT questions.

so, in comparison to different questions and even to official questions posted herein GC, GOT questions got hundreds more replays and explanations (with different qualities), right.
and after sometime later when we came across with question, it is difficult to go through all 15 to 20 pages reading the answers and finding the good one. maybe given the above suggestions is valid to increase the time given for explanation to increase the quality of the explanations provided...
but in the long run, (it can be applied to not only GOT questions but also the rest questions in GC) so in addition to making some really good questions "most helpful community reply" if there is a possibility to sort out explanations with high quality and with high kudos, so this explanations will be located on top of the rest. some kind 'algorithm' that will sort out questions with a certain quality and show the best one first. it will eliminate time wasted to look for a good explanation, and help to better understand the question.

every person has own approach to certain questions, and definitely the way they explain can be adopted by others and hence will be very valuable.

we have five-month to go, I think if You share this idea is "deep" guys they will find out the answer)

You are spot on on this. It has practical reasons.
Just to add that "most helpful community reply" aren't always atop even if the solution provided has more number of kudos than experts' solution(experts' solution>community reply algorithm may be) and even if they are posted earlier, so timeline does not impact . A comparison between the two solution is not what i am trying to make but together they do almost 99% of the job 99.9% times.

It is up to the user to refer only to solution provided by experts/moderators whom they are following, if unsatisfied, then look for others or ask questions. There would be exceptions(more for new user or when user's concept/understanding are not up to the mark) when one has to look all the pages, most likely for harder questions, to understand the problem.

GMATPREP1 590(Q48,V23) March 6, 2019
GMATPREP2 610(Q44,V29) June 10, 2019
GMATPREPSoft1 680(Q48,V35) June 26, 2019
Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 21:03
1. I want to see one of the prizes coming from Economist MBA Premium Prep or higher. Magoosh Premium is also much welcome.

2. Top 10 prizes are given based on the merits of individuals, rather than group performance.

3. Limit question to 4 nos. per day. Quality explanation deserves to receive more kudo than first-come yet nominal one.

Posted from my mobile device
ISB School Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2020, 01:26
This might be a good time to start, what say?

Staphyk wrote:
Game of Timers Schedule:
June 25th: Registration Opens
July 1st: Competition Begins at 8 AM PST/11 AM EST/8:30 PM IST
July 26th: Last day of Competition
By July 29: Winners Announced

Think might be something like last year’s
Anyways ,Where is mira93 our top scorer? how is she doing? :)
LeoN88 wrote:
<Insert Tormund's Picture>!

So bb, when are we planning to start this? did the committee come up with any tentative date?

bb wrote:
GOT 2020 is Coming... :shocked

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Planning GOT 2020 - Looking Feedback and Suggestions   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2020, 01:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 24 posts ] 

Planning GOT 2020 - Looking Feedback and Suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep