Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 343 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: $ Finance $
Schools:Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
 Q50  V37
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M$)
Send PM
Re: platinum GMAT test [#permalink]
Hi! A month ago I took a GMATPrep test w/o knowing anything about the test and I received 610 points. Today I took a Platinum test and again I scored ~610. Either I am not making any progress or this test is harder that GMATprep.

My impression is that verbal part, especially CR is far more difficult than in GMATprep.

Results are coming in a very convinient form - have a look if you want
https://www.platinumgmat.com/gmat-practi ... d=98430406

Before taking a test, I highly recommend you to register, so your results will be available from any pc (otherwise, make sure to copy the link as I did)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 453 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Hi,

I am almost done with OG problems. Looking for more practice problems.
Came across Paltinum Gmat Site ..

There are lot of Practice questions out there.

Any one have tried them ? any feedback ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Kudos
As it is my integral policy not to leave a single free resource :D , I am trying platinum gmat free test right now. I just completed the quant section and I must say it its quant section was much better than quant sections of many reputed test prep companies. The questions were not very easy though cant compare with gmat prep either. But the questions were representative of gmatprep for sure. I will update my score after I complete the whole test. Anyway, I recommend this site to anyone. cool questions out here !
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Kudos
I have not tried it because there are many well know publish test available like kaplan and manhattan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 460 Q35 V20
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
I took the Platinum Gmat and scored a 650 ( 48 Q , 32 V)
How representative is this of the real deal?
Any pointers please?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
How to get your score on Platinum GMAT. I took the test and all it shows is my responses and no score!! Any idea how to retrieve the score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I just took the free practice test at platinumgmat. I don't think the test is too reliable nor adaptive. I had 5 consecutively correct quant questions but the difficulty of the questions given did not change at all (it was all at 550-650).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hey....
I started preparing for Gmat a month ago...
I gave 2 practice tests, one of Veritas prep and other of platinumgmat..I got a score of 510 Q39 Q22 and 570-580 Q42-44 V25-27(platinumgmat gave the raw score range) I am having problems in the verbal section and more less I am getting confused between 2 options and then more or less choosing the wrong answer.
Can any body please advice me how I should improve my score...

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi suramya26,

Using these CAT results as reference, it looks like you have the potential to pick up some big points in BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. While your immediate concerns are clearly focused on the Verbal section, you need to put some significant effort into training for the Quant section as well. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you're looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) Did you take the FULL CAT each time (with the Essay and IR sections)?

4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GPA: 4
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi suramya26,

Using these CAT results as reference, it looks like you have the potential to pick up some big points in BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. While your immediate concerns are clearly focused on the Verbal section, you need to put some significant effort into training for the Quant section as well. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you're looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) Did you take the FULL CAT each time (with the Essay and IR sections)?

4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

Rich

Sir, I am now telling my my whole journey so far, I am a 22 year old who has completed my Engineering this year.

1) I started Preparing for Gmat in month of July. 5-6 days a week I go for my GMAT Coaching classes for 2 hours (4/5 days of Quants and 1/2 days for Verbal) as the schedule keeps on changing. Apart from that I study at home for 4-5 hours ( 2/3 in the morning and then 2 hours in the evening). When I started preparing for GMAT in the Month of July my focus was mostly on Quants and comparatively lesser on Verbal( mostly a few questions of SC). But after studying for a couple of months, when I started doing Verbal more predominantly starting from CR, not only I found reasoning out the questions difficult but also in consumed a heck of a time in the questions ( mostly of RC and SC). In order to know my standing better i gave the first mock test of VERITAS PREP in which the problems I faced were mostly of Time Management(I was able to attempt only 35 of the 37 questions in Quants) and in the Verbal section being the lengthiest of them all created a sense of panic and anxiety in me because not only I was taking time to solve the Questions. In the end I had 5 minutes and around 10-15 Questions to do so more or less I had to guess out the answers mostly without even reading the questions.

Realising that Verbal, particularly RC and CR ,were the major problems of concern. I started working on them. For RC I kept a stop watch and tried to solve as many questions in the given frame of time ,starting from 20 questions in 40 minutes and then to 30 questions in 60 minutes. I was fairly inconsistent with my accuracy some time going to as high as 80% to as low as 50%. I thought my CR is Okay( comparatively), as I have completed the Official Guide for CR and practised almost all types of questions.

After that I gave the Platinum Gmat test, in which performance even though was better but wasn't satisfactory, particularly the Verbal part. Now I am planning to give Kaplan Gmat test this Sunday.

2) Sir I my study material comprises of Official Guide ,notes from my coaching institute ,GMAT club questions.

3)Yes, I took the whole GMAT test. In Veritas they had the separate IR Section, but in Platinum Gmat instead of an IR Section they had an issue based writing section

4) My goal score is 700 Sir. But I will be contented in a score around 680 also. But I am working for 700

5) Since I have to join the company I am placed in by the Second week of October, I planning to give GMAT in the First week of October.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi suramya26,

Test Day is a rather specific 'event' - the details are specific and they matter, so you have to train as best as you can for all of them. The more realistic you can make your CATs, the more likely the score results are to be accurate. The more you deviate, the more "inflated" your scores can become. Since your second CAT did NOT include the IR section, that experience was NOT realistic, so we can't assume that that score result is accurate. Working from the other score result (the 510), you have to raise your scores 170+ points to hit your score goal. Unfortunately, this will likely take far longer than the one month that you have left. You will likely need at least another 2-3 months of consistent, guided study to hit your goals.

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich
GMAT Club Bot