Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [17]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
GMAT 1: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]
I just lost faith in God :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]
Don't be disheartened. There's still a chance, even though the probability is far less than that of today.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
valardohaeris wrote:
I just lost faith in God :(

I feel for the stress you likely feel now -- but remember, there are more invites to go, and even then there is next year.

My advice is to channel this frustration into interview practice -- wouldn't that be the sweetest revenge? To knock the interview out of the park? Here are some tips for that. Best of luck.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [5]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Also, to be really really honest, HBS won’t make or break you. I had that firmly confirmed in my head. From my background, HBS was a very distant possibility anyway, so I might not be as disappointed and some of you guys are but I am really hoping for some love from Haas, Booth and Kellogg and I am positive I can achieve my goals royally from those schools. Even if I don’t get in those, I might go to McCombs and make it there. My goal is in tech and Austin is the place to be.

My point is that, after doing this for a year, it gets easy getting blinded by the the glitz and glamour and forget why we are doing this in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
I’m curious to know if any joint program applicants got interviews. Specifically the MS/MBA applicants?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Something I've noticed from the updated interview invite statuses (17 on livewire and 16 on GMAT Club): all Asian invites are for the far-east countries, such as Malaysia, Lagos, Korea, Singapore . There's only 1 from India, none from China or any other Asian countries.

It's mostly American invites.

HBS hasn't explicitly stated, in 2017, that the invites are randomly sent out. This order makes sense to me because those based in Asia would not be opting for an on-campus interview anyway.

I'm an American-Pakistani (current address is Asian) so maybe I'm just seeing things that fit my narrative. Anyway, good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shk778 wrote:
Something I've noticed from the updated interview invite statuses (17 on livewire and 16 on GMAT Club): all Asian invites are for the far-east countries, such as Malaysia, Lagos, Korea, Singapore . There's only 1 from India, none from China or any other Asian countries.

HBS hasn't explicitly stated, in 2017, that the invites are randomly sent out. This order makes sense to me because those based in Asia would not be opting for an on-campus interview anyway.

I'm an American-Pakistani (current address is Asian) so maybe I'm just seeing things that fit my narrative. Anyway, good luck to all!

There is one from Malaysia and one from Singapore. Unfortunately I didnt get anything!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
Also, to be really really honest, HBS won’t make or break you. I had that firmly confirmed in my head. From my background, HBS was a very distant possibility anyway, so I might not be as disappointed and some of you guys are but I am really hoping for some love from Haas, Booth and Kellogg and I am positive I can achieve my goals royally from those schools. Even if I don’t get in those, I might go to McCombs and make it there. My goal is in tech and Austin is the place to be.

My point is that, after doing this for a year, it gets easy getting blinded by the the glitz and glamour and forget why we are doing this in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Thanks fot the motivation Souvik, NatefromHBS and Dreamjourney.
Yeah!! life doesnt end here. Better to wait for other colleges and prepare for an awsome interview 8-) 8-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Filthydelphia wrote:
It's already 4pm on the East Coast so I wouldn't expect more invites to go out today.

Man check out those quant scores. Do I need to retake the GMAT? ;)

Hi, honestly, with 67% of the 25% chance gone, we are looking at a probability of ~8% for an invite in wave 2. Having said that, it is not about the quant scores, I have a Q50 and there are a few more guys on here with Q51 and Q50 who have heard nothing, so it's not the quant score. Don't worry too much, beyond a point, what can we do, right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.6
WE:Accounting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
shk778 wrote:

All the best, man, Being Indian myself, I also noticed the single south-asian update on Livewire and started speculating that its probably regional, but to be realistic, its probably more a cultural thing, all of us have these "jinx" and "buri nazar" hangups, I am guessing the Indian guys who got invited are just keeping it quiet. My 2 cents, if I had received an invite and had not been privy to the bitter disappointment of the others, I would also have kept it quiet.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
my client was invited, Spain, 2y WE, consultant, 3.9? email, 760

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congrats to everyone who received interview invites! What I can say from the clients who have received invites on my end is that while a good number of invites have gone out today, there are still many more yet to come. If you haven't heard back yet, don't lose hope!

Best,
Scott
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Could it be an interview location issue? I'm planning to take the interview off campus at Europe. Did others with the same plans receive invites?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
The interview invites aren't necessarily random. I was chatting to an admission consultant and one speculation is that Harvard releases interviews for the most over crowded locations first so people can begin scheduling in advance. If this logic is correct, those from remote areas intending to Skype interview will certainly be pushed into the last batch since this doesn't pose any logistics concerns and people are more flexible in their schedules.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes this is correct. It is not a random assignment and the location does matter.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Clevermetal wrote:
The interview invites aren't necessarily random. I was chatting to an admission consultant and one speculation is that Harvard releases interviews for the most over crowded locations first so people can begin scheduling in advance. If this logic is correct, those from remote areas intending to Skype interview will certainly be pushed into the last batch since this doesn't pose any logistics concerns and people are more flexible in their schedules.

Somehow your post gives me a ray of hope. I'm in Boston- so no logistical issues
No harm in speculating

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Kudos
kmwantstogoschool wrote:

All the best, man, Being Indian myself, I also noticed the single south-asian update on Livewire and started speculating that its probably regional, but to be realistic, its probably more a cultural thing, all of us have these "jinx" and "buri nazar" hangups, I am guessing the Indian guys who got invited are just keeping it quiet. My 2 cents, if I had received an invite and had not been privy to the bitter disappointment of the others, I would also have kept it quiet.

You're right but not losing hope till Thursday. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Clevermetal wrote:
I’m curious to know if any joint program applicants got interviews. Specifically the MS/MBA applicants?

Posted from my mobile device

I had the same question in mind when I logged in today. I am an MS/MBA applicant too and did not hear anything. I wonder if any dual degree applicant heard anything yesterday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts