It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 05:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 43 [1], given: 28

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 14:37
This post received
KUDOS
souvik101990 wrote:
Are those ‘special’ brownies?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

:lol: :lol: :lol: nope...but they are meant to be eaten with copious amounts of wine.

Kudos [?]: 43 [1], given: 28

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 16:37
souvik101990 wrote:
I guess there are reasons to feel that not enough invites went out, but I believe that they did. I think 67% invites are out like they said it would. I’d not be more hopeful on Thursday.

That said, I hope all of us get an interview.

I guess when you look at GMAT Club and see only 13 out of 324 applicants (4%), it seems low. Granted, I doubt many people got their interview notification and immediately updated their GMAT Club profile, but last year's thread, there were 22 reported on the first day.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 18:31
I just lost faith in God :(

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 18:45
Don't be disheartened. There's still a chance, even though the probability is far less than that of today.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 5

GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 18:53
valardohaeris wrote:
I just lost faith in God :(

I feel for the stress you likely feel now -- but remember, there are more invites to go, and even then there is next year.

My advice is to channel this frustration into interview practice -- wouldn't that be the sweetest revenge? To knock the interview out of the park? Here are some tips for that. Best of luck.

Best,
Nate

IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.

Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 5

Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
P

Kudos [?]: 17042 [4], given: 1963

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 20:56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Also, to be really really honest, HBS won’t make or break you. I had that firmly confirmed in my head. From my background, HBS was a very distant possibility anyway, so I might not be as disappointed and some of you guys are but I am really hoping for some love from Haas, Booth and Kellogg and I am positive I can achieve my goals royally from those schools. Even if I don’t get in those, I might go to McCombs and make it there. My goal is in tech and Austin is the place to be.

My point is that, after doing this for a year, it gets easy getting blinded by the the glitz and glamour and forget why we are doing this in the first place.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 17042 [4], given: 1963

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
CAT Tests
Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 21:58
I’m curious to know if any joint program applicants got interviews. Specifically the MS/MBA applicants?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 22:03
Something I've noticed from the updated interview invite statuses (17 on livewire and 16 on GMAT Club): all Asian invites are for the far-east countries, such as Malaysia, Lagos, Korea, Singapore . There's only 1 from India, none from China or any other Asian countries.

It's mostly American invites.

HBS hasn't explicitly stated, in 2017, that the invites are randomly sent out. This order makes sense to me because those based in Asia would not be opting for an on-campus interview anyway.

I'm an American-Pakistani (current address is Asian) so maybe I'm just seeing things that fit my narrative. Anyway, good luck to all!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 23:02
shk778 wrote:
Something I've noticed from the updated interview invite statuses (17 on livewire and 16 on GMAT Club): all Asian invites are for the far-east countries, such as Malaysia, Lagos, Korea, Singapore . There's only 1 from India, none from China or any other Asian countries.

HBS hasn't explicitly stated, in 2017, that the invites are randomly sent out. This order makes sense to me because those based in Asia would not be opting for an on-campus interview anyway.

I'm an American-Pakistani (current address is Asian) so maybe I'm just seeing things that fit my narrative. Anyway, good luck to all!

There is one from Malaysia and one from Singapore. Unfortunately I didnt get anything!!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 23:05
souvik101990 wrote:
Also, to be really really honest, HBS won’t make or break you. I had that firmly confirmed in my head. From my background, HBS was a very distant possibility anyway, so I might not be as disappointed and some of you guys are but I am really hoping for some love from Haas, Booth and Kellogg and I am positive I can achieve my goals royally from those schools. Even if I don’t get in those, I might go to McCombs and make it there. My goal is in tech and Austin is the place to be.

My point is that, after doing this for a year, it gets easy getting blinded by the the glitz and glamour and forget why we are doing this in the first place.

Thanks fot the motivation Souvik, NatefromHBS and Dreamjourney.
Yeah!! life doesnt end here. Better to wait for other colleges and prepare for an awsome interview 8-) 8-)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.6
WE: Accounting (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 00:44
Filthydelphia wrote:
It's already 4pm on the East Coast so I wouldn't expect more invites to go out today.

Man check out those quant scores. Do I need to retake the GMAT? ;)

Hi, honestly, with 67% of the 25% chance gone, we are looking at a probability of ~8% for an invite in wave 2. Having said that, it is not about the quant scores, I have a Q50 and there are a few more guys on here with Q51 and Q50 who have heard nothing, so it's not the quant score. Don't worry too much, beyond a point, what can we do, right?

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.6
WE: Accounting (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 00:49
shk778 wrote:

All the best, man, Being Indian myself, I also noticed the single south-asian update on Livewire and started speculating that its probably regional, but to be realistic, its probably more a cultural thing, all of us have these "jinx" and "buri nazar" hangups, I am guessing the Indian guys who got invited are just keeping it quiet. My 2 cents, if I had received an invite and had not been privy to the bitter disappointment of the others, I would also have kept it quiet.

Expert Post
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 185 [0], given: 76

Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 00:58
my client was invited, Spain, 2y WE, consultant, 3.9? email, 760

http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 185 [0], given: 76

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Kudos [?]: 135 [1], given: 3

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 01:39
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Congrats to everyone who received interview invites! What I can say from the clients who have received invites on my end is that while a good number of invites have gone out today, there are still many more yet to come. If you haven't heard back yet, don't lose hope!

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Kudos [?]: 135 [1], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.32

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 01:53
Could it be an interview location issue? I'm planning to take the interview off campus at Europe. Did others with the same plans receive invites?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 10

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 02:02
This post received
KUDOS
The interview invites aren't necessarily random. I was chatting to an admission consultant and one speculation is that Harvard releases interviews for the most over crowded locations first so people can begin scheduling in advance. If this logic is correct, those from remote areas intending to Skype interview will certainly be pushed into the last batch since this doesn't pose any logistics concerns and people are more flexible in their schedules.

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 3

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 02:04
Yes this is correct. It is not a random assignment and the location does matter.

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 02:05
This post received
KUDOS
Clevermetal wrote:
The interview invites aren't necessarily random. I was chatting to an admission consultant and one speculation is that Harvard releases interviews for the most over crowded locations first so people can begin scheduling in advance. If this logic is correct, those from remote areas intending to Skype interview will certainly be pushed into the last batch since this doesn't pose any logistics concerns and people are more flexible in their schedules.

Somehow your post gives me a ray of hope. I'm in Boston- so no logistical issues
No harm in speculating

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 04:12
This post received
KUDOS
kmwantstogoschool wrote:

All the best, man, Being Indian myself, I also noticed the single south-asian update on Livewire and started speculating that its probably regional, but to be realistic, its probably more a cultural thing, all of us have these "jinx" and "buri nazar" hangups, I am guessing the Indian guys who got invited are just keeping it quiet. My 2 cents, if I had received an invite and had not been privy to the bitter disappointment of the others, I would also have kept it quiet.

You're right but not losing hope till Thursday. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

GRE 1: 334 Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 04:25
Clevermetal wrote:
I’m curious to know if any joint program applicants got interviews. Specifically the MS/MBA applicants?

Posted from my mobile device

I had the same question in mind when I logged in today. I am an MS/MBA applicant too and did not hear anything. I wonder if any dual degree applicant heard anything yesterday.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake)   [#permalink] 03 Oct 2017, 04:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19    Next  [ 375 posts ] 

Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: ydmuley, OasisGC, aeropower, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap