GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 19:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation for IIM B EPGP

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile evaluation for IIM B EPGP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Oct 2018, 12:20
h

Originally posted by kkayalvi on 02 Oct 2018, 04:03.
Last edited by kkayalvi on 05 Oct 2018, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Profile evaluation for IIM B EPGP  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 00:20
Hello kkayalvi

You have a decent shot at EPGP.
Your stats- Past grades, extracurricular, GMAT all look in the safe zone.
Would help if you further highlight your achievements, career progress and impact at work. Ultimately it is the strength of your professional work ex that helps bag an admit. You may want to read here to know all the factors vital in your written application.
Lastly, a profile assessment (as well as an application) is not only weak, but rather incomplete without clear career goals that demand an MBA and are a fit with the profile of the B School. In absence of this information, a meaningful is virtually impossible. You may read here to add to your existing research.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

kkayalvi wrote:
Hi consultants,

I am Kayal, I have scored 700(q48, v38) in GMAT and planning to apply for EPGP in IIM B.

Tenth - 95%; Twelfth - 94%, B.Tech. from SASTRA university - 7.66/10

Working for Ford motors in IT division for 5+ years now. Joined as a DBA, moved to Learning and Development and then to Connected Vehicles domain.

Extracurricular : Public speaking - Have been on stage since the age of 10, participated in various talk shows, debates - over 300 speeches till date. Was the VP of a Toastmasters club.

- Interested in writing poetry, published in magazines, writing a blog for 7 years now

Social responsibility - Have been mentoring and counseling school children from underprivileged schools, trained women associates in spoken English.

Diversity and Inclusion - Involved in various initiatives promoting diversity and inclusion in Ford and received a recognition in the Asia-Pacific level.

Can you please evaluate my profile?
And also could you tell me how I can say the story of changing 3 unrelated roles in 5 years positively?

Posted from my mobile device

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 04:19
A few more reflections on your profile and queries Kayal:
  1. The basics of your professional work look fine. The stability with one company can be a good thing. However, it would be important to understand the impact you've delivered with the roles that you've had. That is critical to showcase differentiation against the larger pool of tech applicants.
  2. While the changes might be seemingly disconnected, but there could be multiple ways for tackling it. That is exactly what the SoP is for! Explain and share your rationale for making those changes. If the underlying technology is same, then it may actually not be that big a deal really.
  3. The ECs look to be the star of your application. May not mean a whole lot for IIMs, but every bit counts. On that front, why only IIMB? Why not A and C as well as ISB - assuming you are targeting Indian schools only?

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 01:13
Hi Kayal,

You should have a competitive application to the EPGP program. Though, I have to caution you that it won't be easy.

About your question regarding change of function within the same company - I need to understand a bit more to be able to comment on that. Please feel free to get in touch using the "schedule a free profile evaluation call" link below if you want to discuss further.

Regards,
Karthik

kkayalvi wrote:
Hi consultants,

I am Kayal, I have scored 700(q48, v38) in GMAT and planning to apply for EPGP in IIM B.

Tenth - 95%; Twelfth - 94%, B.Tech. from SASTRA university - 7.66/10

Working for Ford motors in IT division for 5+ years now. Joined as a DBA, moved to Learning and Development and then to Connected Vehicles domain.

Extracurricular : Public speaking - Have been on stage since the age of 10, participated in various talk shows, debates - over 300 speeches till date. Was the VP of a Toastmasters club.

- Interested in writing poetry, published in magazines, writing a blog for 7 years now

Social responsibility - Have been mentoring and counseling school children from underprivileged schools, trained women associates in spoken English.

Diversity and Inclusion - Involved in various initiatives promoting diversity and inclusion in Ford and received a recognition in the Asia-Pacific level.

Can you please evaluate my profile?
And also could you tell me how I can say the story of changing 3 unrelated roles in 5 years positively?

Posted from my mobile device

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation for IIM B EPGP &nbs [#permalink] 05 Oct 2018, 01:13

Profile evaluation for IIM B EPGP

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap