Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Re: Query related to the deposit deadline extension. [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey vantroosakker.

Thanks for your response. I already had a discussion with the adcoms of these concerned schools and they ensured that they could extend the deadline, if needed. I wanted to get an idea of the timeline by when we and these schools might have more clarity regarding the incoming class of 2020. Based on that, I will be formally asking for an extension and hoping to suggest a timeline as well.

Best Regards,
Kabir

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
roykabir772 wrote:
Hello,

I have a few deposit deadlines for US b-schools coming up next month. However, because of the current uncertainties owing to the coronavirus pandemic, I was hoping to ask the schools for an extension to the deposit deadlines. I wanted to have some more clarity on the contingency plans of these schools for their incoming class of Fall 2020, if any. Is it safe to assume that schools would be able to provide more information about the same around mid of May, 2020? I anticipate the same and am basically trying to figure out how long of an extension could I request.

Any thoughts/opinion is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kabir

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Hi,

would you be able to share the mail format which you had sent to the admissions committee for extension of deposit fee deadline and what was the outcome of the request.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
dharde9 wrote:
Hi,

would you be able to share the mail format which you had sent to the admissions committee for extension of deposit fee deadline and what was the outcome of the request.

Hey,

It's nothing fancy.

Para 1 consists of what pending information you're looking for.

Para 2 consists of the reasons why you couldn't get hold of the information by the stipulated timeframe.

Para 3 is officially requesting for an extension and possibly providing a date by when you anticipate to have the missing information available.

All the schools were generous and flexible enough to extend my deposit deadlines.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Query related to the deposit deadline extension. [#permalink]
roykabir772 wrote:
dharde9 wrote:
Hi,

Hey,

It's nothing fancy.

Para 1 consists of what pending information you're looking for.

Para 2 consists of the reasons why you couldn't get hold of the information by the stipulated timeframe.

Para 3 is officially requesting for an extension and possibly providing a date by when you anticipate to have the missing information available.

All the schools were generous and flexible enough to extend my deposit deadlines.

Did you end up getting an extension?

Originally posted by AM100218 on 20 Jun 2020, 21:52.
Last edited by AM100218 on 19 Sep 2020, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
and how long did you get the extensions for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hi,

Will you lose your spot at a school if you miss your 1st deposit deadline or pay shortly after the deposit deadline?

I asked for a deposit deadline extension but since it's in D-1 before the deadline and I emailed the adcom on weekend, I haven't got their reply.
Thank you so much!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
yasminegunawan wrote:
Hi,

Will you lose your spot at a school if you miss your 1st deposit deadline or pay shortly after the deposit deadline?

I asked for a deposit deadline extension but since it's in D-1 before the deadline and I emailed the adcom on weekend, I haven't got their reply.
Thank you so much!

Hi. It depends a bit. It is gray area and thin ice. You likely have a day or two of a leeway. However, you may lose your spot if don't pay by the deadline. It is possible you may be able to email and mention you ran into a technical difficulty/etc and I don't see AdCom wanting to ding you but if it is an automated system, they may not process your message and basically ding you and have all the right to remove you from the list.

Something to keep in mind, the deposit deadline for UNC for example is April 21 (Friday) and the R3 decisions come out on Monday April 24th, so your post will potentially be given away on Monday
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts