GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 02 Jul 2020, 08:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Sloan vs. Booth ($$$) Early Admit

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Sloan vs. Booth ($$$) Early Admit  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 05:58
Hey everyone! Looking for a bit of advice:

I was admitted as a college senior to both Booth (Booth Scholars Program) and Sloan (Early Admissions) to start in 2-5 years. Just graduated and will be headed to an MBB this fall. I'm planning to be in consulting for the next 2-3 years and then head to business school. I'm not entirely sure if I'll take sponsorship and come back to my firm or if I want to immediately jump into something else.

While neither program is binding, they both require deposits every year to secure my spot, so I would prefer to make a decision sooner rather than later. I got a 50% scholarship at Booth but Sloan said they will only consider for scholarship money the year of matriculation.

My long-term career interests are largely in entrepreneurship and healthcare, which leads me to lean Sloan, but Booth has also recently built up some great entrepreneurship resources. Of course, the scholarship money is a big draw for Booth too.

Would really appreciate any thoughts! Thank you in advance for your help.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Sloan vs. Booth ($$$) Early Admit  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 07:39
Congrats

Big school + big resources + great scholarship = Booth

I see that Booth could provide your with all resources for your goals. Also MIT may not grant you the same scholarship.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 09:33
Congrats on your admits! Great job thinking ahead!

Booth has been building and strengthening its startup and entrepreneurship resources. New Venture Challenge. Polski Center, etc.
The schools are different obviously and Sloan does sound like a slightly better fit but I can't see it being worth throwing away a scholarship and betting that perhaps in 3-5 years you will get a break.

I think it would be a mistake to drop Booth at this point (interests and careers change by the way... many people going into the MBA come out with a diff goal or diff idea. You are just starting out your career and you may really get into something completely different after your first MBB assignment)... How much do you have to deposit at this point in time? Is keeping both a consideration or it is not practical?
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2019, 10:41
Would love to hear about more about your decision to apply so early!

I, too, just graduated from undergrad (tier 2 school) and am taking the GMAT now, as I am starting consulting (boutique firm) in the fall and want to have the GMAT done before applying in a few years (firm sponsors).

Why did you apply so early? If I were you, it seems you could make it into an HBS, Stanford or Wharton after a successful stint at an MBB. I would wait - thought you did finish the app cycle, etc.
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Booth '17 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2019, 07:12
Given the money here, Booth seems like the obvious choice. With your goals, I'd only consider H/S without scholarships over Booth
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Sloan vs. Booth ($$$) Early Admit   [#permalink] 10 Jun 2019, 07:12

Sloan vs. Booth ($$$) Early Admit

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate