GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SC Moderator
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 20:48
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

45% (medium)

Question Stats:

59% (01:27) correct 41% (01:07) wrong based on 43 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs) in the food industry should be banned by health authorities, since they damage the reproductive systems of consumers who are exposed to them during childhood. The experts’ argument is not undercut by a recent study that found no measurable damage to the reproductive system cells of young children exposed to SFCs, mainly because ________________.

A. most reproductive system damages are caused by exposure to various types of radiation.
B. similar research conducted in mice found no correlation between SFC's consumption and health consequences.
C. use of SFCs is more prevalent today among developing countries, where fertility rates are relatively high.
D. the consequences of exposure to SFCs durning childhood on the reproductive sysem appear only in puberty.
E. the consequences of exposure to SFCs during childhood on the reproductive system appear only in puberty.

Thanks!
Do give some kudos.

Simple strategy:
“Once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Want to improve your Score:
GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 1| GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 2

My Notes:
Reading comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Absolute Phrases

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 23:41
Both options D and E are same. But keeping that aside i think the answer is D/E in this case since it is the only option which talks about finding no damage to the reproductive cells

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
G
Schools: ISB '20, IIMA
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.98
Re: Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 00:00
Is this multiple answer question. :grin: :grin:

Clearly D and E are the answer. :cool:

aragonn please advice whether the options are a typo or there is some subtle difference between the two.

Sailing through rough waters. Stars & few kudos will steer me past.

Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 00:15
aragonn wrote:
Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs) in the food industry should be banned by health authorities, since they damage the reproductive systems of consumers who are exposed to them during childhood. The experts’ argument is not undercut by a recent study that found no measurable damage to the reproductive system cells of young children exposed to SFCs, mainly because ________________.

A. most reproductive system damages are caused by exposure to various types of radiation.
B. similar research conducted in mice found no correlation between SFC's consumption and health consequences.
C. use of SFCs is more prevalent today among developing countries, where fertility rates are relatively high.
D. the consequences of exposure to SFCs durning childhood on the reproductive sysem appear only in puberty.
E. the consequences of exposure to SFCs during childhood on the reproductive system appear only in puberty.

aragonn
The options D and E seem to be exactly similar. Kindly update the answer choices.

Kindly click on +1Kudos if my post helps you...

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 00:35
The argument says

“A recent study finding that Colors dont effect cells in children is useless because.........?”

Find an answer that says the colors are infact harmful...

Clearly D & E

Posted from my mobile device
SC Moderator
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 00:51
Hehe , it is this way in book also. clearly D is the answer. Bunuel am not able to delete this question .

Thanks!
Do give some kudos.

Simple strategy:
“Once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Want to improve your Score:
GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 1| GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 2

My Notes:
Reading comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Absolute Phrases

GMAT Club Bot
Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs) &nbs [#permalink] 29 Sep 2018, 00:51

Some experts argue that the use of synthetic food colorings (SFCs)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap