GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 17:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Starting to study using Manhattan - Should I skip RC book?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Starting to study using Manhattan - Should I skip RC book?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 14:50
RC on the GMATPrep tests were very easy (perfect on them), but I am weak everywhere else. Should I skip the RC manhattan book and focus my time on other areas? Or is it still a must read through?
Senior CR Moderator
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Starting to study using Manhattan - Should I skip RC book?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 17:55
daftypatty wrote:
RC on the GMATPrep tests were very easy (perfect on them), but I am weak everywhere else. Should I skip the RC manhattan book and focus my time on other areas? Or is it still a must read through?

Based on vary factors. Are you sure that you are really good at RC? Did you try OG RC? If yes, then how much of OG RC part did you get correct?

In case that you get nearly 95%+ in RC part, then yes, you should focus on other part to boost up your score. If no, then you still need to manage your time in different parts.
S
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 18:50
daftypatty wrote:

If the speed factor and answers that you mark for OG questions coming out to be correct, you may skip but anyway giving it a quick read for strategy purposes is not harmful.

hope it helps

.... Looking for some kudos here...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 06:57
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
daftypatty wrote:

Based on vary factors. Are you sure that you are really good at RC? Did you try OG RC? If yes, then how much of OG RC part did you get correct?

In case that you get nearly 95%+ in RC part, then yes, you should focus on other part to boost up your score. If no, then you still need to manage your time in different parts.

Thanks guys, I think I have a fairly good idea of my RC abilities because I had previously studied for the MCAT, which had a similar if not more difficult RC section.

However, I am still very cautious and don't want to underestimate anything. Could anyone give me an idea of how useful the RC strategy book by Manhattan is? I understand that the math books and sentence correction/critical reasoning books are a must for a high score, but no one really seems to talk about the RC book as much
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business
GPA: 3.4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2017, 08:16
daftypatty wrote:
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
daftypatty wrote:

Thanks guys, I think I have a fairly good idea of my RC abilities because I had previously studied for the MCAT, which had a similar if not more difficult RC section.

However, I am still very cautious and don't want to underestimate anything. Could anyone give me an idea of how useful the RC strategy book by Manhattan is? I understand that the math books and sentence correction/critical reasoning books are a must for a high score, but no one really seems to talk about the RC book as much

The Manhattan RC book is OK I think. It's pretty short and mostly focused on techniques to help you efficiently get through passages. If you're already doing well on RC, I would skip it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 06:48
daftypatty wrote:

Here is what you can do

Stage 1 - Initial Prep - Stage during which we learn the basic concepts.

:arrow: Practice First 5 RCs from OG, noting down the time you take to Read the passage and solve the questions :arrow: If the average time to Solve the RC is close to 2 minutes per Question with a good accuracy, skip RC book during this stage.

:arrow: If, however, either of your accuracy or timing is off, you'd need to prepare a strategy to tackle RCs.

Stage 2 - Stage during which we take mock tests to diagnose our weaknesses and fix those issues.

:arrow: If you got through stage 1 with flying colors in RC, your performance in Mocks will tell you whether you need to refer a guide for RC.

Please hit Kudos If my Solution helps

My Debrief for 750 - https://gmatclub.com/forum/from-720-to-750-one-of-the-most-difficult-pleatues-to-overcome-246420.html

My CR notes - https://gmatclub.com/forum/patterns-in-cr-questions-243450.html
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Starting to study using Manhattan - Should I skip RC book?   [#permalink] 16 Jul 2017, 06:48

Starting to study using Manhattan - Should I skip RC book?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap