Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Tepper($) vs Foster($$)

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 896
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36 (Online)
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [3]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 650 Q37 V27
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Tepper($) vs Foster($$) [#permalink]
Kudos
I agree with the previous answers. Plus being at Foster, I have seen the consulting offers grow in the last 2 years first-hand. It ultimately depends on your evaluation of the financial risk and opportunity cost involved in spending the extra 100k with the forecast of market conditions in the coming years, as well as how you have strategized/prioritized your post-MBA plans (plan A, B, best-case, worst-case, etc.).
For more context, I was in a similar situation 2 years back and chose Foster over other higher-ranked schools because of the projected ROI, small classroom, and location (my plan A was PM, plan B consulting), and so far I have not been disappointed in any of those factors.
That said, both the schools are great and congratulations on achieving their offers. All the best!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you learner311 for your feedback!

I would agree, I feel Foster would be a good choice taking into consideration a significant scholarship you are offered. It also keeps your relationships and plans intact for moving to Seattle for the next 2 years (into the rain! :lol:)

I would not hesitate per se unless you were very specific in your career goals and were very determined. Otherwise, you can use $100K to do lots of things in terms of recruiting trips, opportunities, etc, though most likely you won't need to tap into that kind of money.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Send PM
Tepper($) vs Foster($$) [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks for your inputs ajinkyajadhav, mobab, learner311, bb.
Fortunately, I negotiated a scholarship with Tepper. I used the negotiation template shared here in GMATClub, and that turned out to be very useful. Most probably I will be heading to Tepper as I feel it has a better brand name in my country(India) and opens up opportunities across the country(US).

Originally posted by Gokul20 on 25 May 2022, 21:49.
Last edited by Gokul20 on 28 May 2022, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Tepper($) vs Foster($$) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congrats! Thanks for reporting back on the template 👍

With a matching scholarship, You can’t go wrong. But we will miss you in Seattle 😇

Tepper’s top placement industry is consulting by the way, followed by Tech. Foster is heavily focused on tech since you obviously have every possible tech company in Seattle … many of them have satellite offices here and Google has a very strong presence poaching Microsoft and Amazon people. Facebook has a sizable presence, poaching people from Google which reproached from Amazon and Microsoft 😂

However, Tepper has a much better brand internationally and it’s a lot stronger when you’re wearing that T-shirt to carrying that bag with that logo. It may create some opportunities you never know.

Congratulations on making your choice 👍👍👍

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb, I might probably end up in Seattle post-graduation :lol: I am excited to learn what life has in it for me. At the moment, I am going to celebrate my admits :inlove:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GRE 1: Q169 V161
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
bb wrote:
Congrats! Thanks for reporting back on the template 👍

With a matching scholarship, You can’t go wrong. But we will miss you in Seattle 😇

Tepper’s top placement industry is consulting by the way, followed by Tech. Foster is heavily focused on tech since you obviously have every possible tech company in Seattle … many of them have satellite offices here and Google has a very strong presence poaching Microsoft and Amazon people. Facebook has a sizable presence, poaching people from Google which reproached from Amazon and Microsoft 😂

However, Tepper has a much better brand internationally and it’s a lot stronger when you’re wearing that T-shirt to carrying that bag with that logo. It may create some opportunities you never know.

Congratulations on making your choice 👍👍👍

Posted from my mobile device

Hi bb, it would be great if you could share the link to the negotiation template you are referring to. Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Send PM
Kudos