GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 01 Jun 2020, 08:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tepper vs UNC Vs ISB Which college to choose

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which college would you choose

• 36% [7]
  • 21% [4]
  • 42% [8]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Tepper vs UNC Vs ISB Which college to choose  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 03:03
Hi All,

Recently got my R1 admits. Have been admitted to Tepper, UNC and ISB. All are w/o scholarship

I am an Indian applicant, 750 GMAT, 5 Yrs of consulting exp. in EY. Post MBA goal is consulting.

Though the cost of an MBA is an issue, but I am willing to take up a loan for quality education. I am equally open to both India and US. Personally, I prefer Tepper for the experience, however with H1B uncertainty I am not sure should I go ahead and take that risk.

Alternatively, I can plan to apply to lower ranked school in hope for $$$, but as I have heard it gets difficult for Indian students to get good placement from lower ranked schools such as foster, Owen etc.

Wanted opinions about my situation.

Regards,
Rahul
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Tepper vs UNC Vs ISB Which college to choose  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2017, 18:12
Rahulj3113 wrote:
Hi All,

Recently got my R1 admits. Have been admitted to Tepper, UNC and ISB. All are w/o scholarship

I am an Indian applicant, 750 GMAT, 5 Yrs of consulting exp. in EY. Post MBA goal is consulting.

Though the cost of an MBA is an issue, but I am willing to take up a loan for quality education. I am equally open to both India and US. Personally, I prefer Tepper for the experience, however with H1B uncertainty I am not sure should I go ahead and take that risk.

Alternatively, I can plan to apply to lower ranked school in hope for $$$, but as I have heard it gets difficult for Indian students to get good placement from lower ranked schools such as foster, Owen etc.

Regards,
Rahul

Hey Rahul,

So did you made up your mind yet? You need to ask yourself where you want to stay for next 5 years ->US vs India. While UNC and Tepper are great schools they do not share the same brand recognition as ISB does in India. Similarly no one knows about ISB in the western world. Once you decide on your location your decision will be simple. If you decide to choose US I would encourage Tepper over UNC. I have few friends from Tepper who have shared how closely bonded the alumni network is because of small class size. Lastly, all the 3 schools will provide you great opportunities in Consulting.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Tepper vs UNC Vs ISB Which college to choose  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 21:05
ag111 wrote:
Rahulj3113 wrote:
Hi All,

Regards,
Rahul

Hey Rahul,

So did you made up your mind yet? You need to ask yourself where you want to stay for next 5 years ->US vs India. While UNC and Tepper are great schools they do not share the same brand recognition as ISB does in India. Similarly no one knows about ISB in the western world. Once you decide on your location your decision will be simple. If you decide to choose US I would encourage Tepper over UNC. I have few friends from Tepper who have shared how closely bonded the alumni network is because of small class size. Lastly, all the 3 schools will provide you great opportunities in Consulting.

Thanks ag111 for you opinion. Yes I finally decided for ISB. I figured out that I would prefer to stay in India over the next 5 years. :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Tepper vs UNC Vs ISB Which college to choose   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2017, 21:05

Tepper vs UNC Vs ISB Which college to choose

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate