GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 09:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

The following advertisement appeared on behalf of a new breakfast cere

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP
V
GPA: 3.39
Premium Member CAT Tests
The following advertisement appeared on behalf of a new breakfast cere  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2017, 12:13
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

45% (medium)

Question Stats:

66% (01:22) correct 34% (01:23) wrong based on 89 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

The following advertisement appeared on behalf of a new breakfast cereal:

“Healthy-Oh’s breakfast cereal is one-of-akind good for you! Among breakfast cereals, only Healthy-Oh’s has five grams of psyllium fiber. Psyllium fiber is good for your heart and helps you to lose weight. Doctors and nutritionists recommend at least twenty grams of fiber per day, so why not get twenty-five percent of your fiber the easy way with Healthy-Oh’s cereal?”

Which of the following, if true, would most weaken the product’s claim to be “one-of-akind good for you”?

(A) Healthy-Oh’s is, in fact, the only cereal to use psyllium fiber.
(B) Any fiber, including that found in many other cereals, has the same benefits to health as psyllium fiber.
(C) Many doctors and nutritionists actually recommend at least twenty-five grams of fiber per day, and they base their recommendations on total calorie intake.
(D) Another brand of cereal used to contain psyllium fiber, but it was not successful and is no longer on the market.
(E) Psyllium fiber is also found in other products, such as powdered fiber supplements.

Source: GMAT for Dummies

Official PS Practice Questions
Press +1 Kudos if this post is helpful

Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: The following advertisement appeared on behalf of a new breakfast cere  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2017, 06:52
The argument is saying this cereal is One-of-a-kind. It uses the facts of Psyllium fiber and says it give 5 grams easily.

We need to weaken this. If I say I have other cereals, which do the same OR this cereal has some other disadvantages, my argument will be weakened.

(A) Healthy-Oh’s is, in fact, the only cereal to use psyllium fiber. --> A Strengthener.

(B) Any fiber, including that found in many other cereals, has the same benefits to health as psyllium fiber. Nice, so it means this new cereal has no ADDED advantage over the others.

(C) Many doctors and nutritionists actually recommend at least twenty-five grams of fiber per day, and they base their recommendations on total calorie intake. : We already know this, no new information.

(D) Another brand of cereal used to contain psyllium fiber, but it was not successful and is no longer on the market. Out of scope.

(E) Psyllium fiber is also found in other products, such as powdered fiber supplements. Ok, but do they have the same quantity as this one? We don't know.

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Manager
Manager
S
Schools: IIMA , IIMA PGPX"18
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.91
Reviews Badge
Re: The following advertisement appeared on behalf of a new breakfast cere  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2017, 07:37
(A) Healthy-Oh’s is, in fact, the only cereal to use psyllium fiber.
(B) Any fiber, including that found in many other cereals, has the same benefits to health as psyllium fiber.
(C) Many doctors and nutritionists actually recommend at least twenty-five grams of fiber per day, and they base their recommendations on total calorie intake.
(D) Another brand of cereal used to contain psyllium fiber, but it was not successful and is no longer on the market.
(E) Psyllium fiber is also found in other products, such as powdered fiber supplements.

OA IS B

The more you like my post, the more you share to other's need.

“The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.”
-Swami Vivekananda

Re: The following advertisement appeared on behalf of a new breakfast cere &nbs [#permalink] 26 May 2017, 07:37

The following advertisement appeared on behalf of a new breakfast cere

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap