GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 10:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Prepare a Concrete Application Plan!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

30-minutes personal consultation for application planning.
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.

What score is suitable for ISB?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
What score is suitable for ISB?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 07:55
I have decided to take GMAT finally and my primary goal would definitely be to get admitted in ISB as first preference. I have 5 years of experience in market research and consulting firms with last 2 years in strategy consulting practices. My results are as follows

1. Secondary: 91.7%
2. Higher Secondary: 83.6%
3. B.Tech in Chemical Engineering: 82%

Can someone honestly evaluate my profile and let me know what score would preferably take me there? I know and looking at 700 but a little bit detail would be much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.04
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
CAT Tests
What score is suitable for ISB?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 08:00
Acads don't matter as much from my experience. I got in at X- 86, XII- 77 & Grad- 76. Don't let these scores drag you down. Get a 720+ in GMAT, write great essays and let them know the real you in the interviews. You got a good chance.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: What score is suitable for ISB?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 08:12
Kinjal729 wrote:
I have decided to take GMAT finally and my primary goal would definitely be to get admitted in ISB as first preference. I have 5 years of experience in market research and consulting firms with last 2 years in strategy consulting practices. My results are as follows

Can someone honestly evaluate my profile and let me know what score would preferably take me there? I know and looking at 700 but a little bit detail would be much appreciated.

Hi Kinjal729, Score is not the only factor ISB considers. So, Don't focus too much on it. A 700+ score is good but you can be rejected at 750 (and accepted at 650) if your "goals" and "Why ISB is perfect for you" is vague or unclear in the application. You should be clear about your goals, why MBA(PGP in this case) and Why ISB. Attend their event or webinar and I will highly recommend talking to current students to understand the Why ISB part. Also, In case you are going for a consultant. Choose the one who helps you in developing these answers and not writing them for you.

錬金術師

苦あれば楽あり

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 23:08
Hello Kinjal729

There is no answer for this. Candidates with 760 have got rejected and with 640 have got in.
Completely depends on your profile (work ex, achievements, extracurricular, essays, LOR etc) and Career Goals (clarity and fit with ISB)
The information that you have shared covers none of these, so it is virtually impossible to say.
In absence of this info. I'd say try to be above the average score of the school (710+)- though that is a generic advice.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kinjal729 wrote:

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 02:22
SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 05:38
Top Contributor
Kinjal729 wrote:

Hi Kinjal729
- There is no absolutely safe score as such. That said, at 720 and above, a profile like yours should have a strong chance.
- What you might need to focus more on is why you need an MBA and what your goals are, given that you are already in strategy consulting (a goal for many people seeking an MBA). If applying this year, the diversity factor that you bring to ISB is also a key criterion.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 08:02
Kinjal729 wrote:

Would like to double down on what Tushar said.
Weak acads don't matter as long as you can show a strong GMAT score.
ISB considers a few criteria for assessing your profile and then looks at your profile as a whole.
One of those is academic rigor/ intellectual capacity. And it is important to show that you have this capability through some or the other aspect of your profile.
A 720+ GMAT is definitely amazing but even if you score a little less (710 - 720), you can still make up for it by writing amazing essays and projecting a strong profile.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 06:05
Kinjal729 wrote:

The class average GMAT has perennially been around 710. Extraordinary profiles can make it with a much lower score also.

I would suggest that you aim for 710 or above. Now that there is a third cycle also, you can take some more time on prep and get a higher score.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: What score is suitable for ISB? &nbs [#permalink] 06 Dec 2018, 06:05

What score is suitable for ISB?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap