GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 17:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Why LGBT Associations in MBAs?

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GPA: 2.8
WE: Consulting (Transportation)
Why LGBT Associations in MBAs? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 11:20
So... ok... I can understand this:

You are 18, in the university, away from home and very frisky.
Or maybe you are looking for a meaningful relationship and want to be surrounded by people with similar tastes.
Well that is teenage stuff or a date website.

When I go to a business school I want to get intellectually stimulated and do partnership establishing win win situations, commercial agreements. Maybe I want to gain deep knowledge into a market, as I share mine and my views on international issues. Maybe I want to train my soft skills and need coaching.

None of these things have to do the slightest with whom do I sleep with in the night or who I fall in love

I feel society is going a bit crazy with all this LGTB stuff. Even with MBA/companies admissions. I dont want sexual diversity, I want intellectual one, and the others I care so little about that, by pure randomness, will reflect the percentages of population that are in certain ways by themselves. Creating all this artificial situations is totally innecessary and only makes people less equal.

Any comments on this? Am I the only one who feels this in such professional environments is completely out of place?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Re: Why LGBT Associations in MBAs? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 03:26
Strength through diversity.

The day we decide who can and cannot establish organizations designed to improve the global business community in ways we may not yet understand is the day we lose our sense of ethics.

Maybe reach out to them and get a feel for why the organization exists and what their mission and vision is. You may be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GPA: 2.8
WE: Consulting (Transportation)
Re: Why LGBT Associations in MBAs? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 05:22
bwash87 wrote:
Strength through diversity.

The day we decide who can and cannot establish organizations designed to improve the global business community in ways we may not yet understand is the day we lose our sense of ethics.

Maybe reach out to them and get a feel for why the organization exists and what their mission and vision is. You may be surprised.
Lobbying is precisely worsening the business community, for both outsiders who can not benefit from insiders ideas and especially for insiders, who narrowmindedly confine their universe to people who have something as little relevant for business as their sexual preference
Re: Why LGBT Associations in MBAs?   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2017, 05:22

Why LGBT Associations in MBAs?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap