Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Schools: HBS (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Schools: HBS (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Re: Ask Accepted.com [#permalink]
Accepted.com wrote:

Our daughter in law is from Melbourne.

You have a lot going for you in terms of the deferred admissions programs. Your GPA is top-notch. You have shown leadership and initiative in college and have valuable internships and international exposure. You seem to have solid direction for the future both before and after the MBA. However, your GMAT goals are on the weak side for the most of the M7 deferred admission programs, which are truly for exceptional candidates. I think you really need that balanced 730 to have a chance. They have little incentive to take an applicant with a below-average GMAT for the deferred admissions programs.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I can achieve that 730+ score in the coming months to cement the quality of my application!
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAaustralia wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:

Our daughter in law is from Melbourne.

You have a lot going for you in terms of the deferred admissions programs. Your GPA is top-notch. You have shown leadership and initiative in college and have valuable internships and international exposure. You seem to have solid direction for the future both before and after the MBA. However, your GMAT goals are on the weak side for the most of the M7 deferred admission programs, which are truly for exceptional candidates. I think you really need that balanced 730 to have a chance. They have little incentive to take an applicant with a below-average GMAT for the deferred admissions programs.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I can achieve that 730+ score in the coming months to cement the quality of my application!

Sounds good!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Said '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Please help evaluate my profile: Applying in the first round for 2021 intake for a one-year MBA program [Kellogg, Cornell, Duke Fuqua, INSEAD]
Field: General Management or Marketing

Profile Details:

Nationality: Indian
Country of residence: Ireland (Dublin)

GMAT: 710 (Q49 V38 IR5)

Undergraduate: Bachelor of Engineering (IT), Score 71% (India)
Postgraduate: Tier-2 MBA (Human Resources), GPA 2.8 (India)
Professional certification: CIPD Level 5 in HRM (Ireland)

Work Experience: 5.5 years as an HR Business Partner (overall 2 promotions)

Indian experience: 2014 – 2019
Experience in established companies – TCS, Verizon, Tesco
Experience working in a fast-growing start-up

Career break: Jan 2020 – June 2020

International experience: Starting July 2020
Lead HR in a non-profit organization in Ireland, Dublin
Crisis Volunteer in a Govt funded mental health initiative in Ireland, Dublin

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
GJ12 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Please help evaluate my profile: Applying in the first round for 2021 intake for a one-year MBA program [Kellogg, Cornell, Duke Fuqua, INSEAD]
Field: General Management or Marketing

Profile Details:

Country of residence: Ireland (Dublin)

GMAT: 710 (Q49 V38 IR5)

Undergraduate: Bachelor of Engineering (IT), Score 71% (India)
Postgraduate: Tier-2 MBA (Human Resources), GPA 2.8 (India)
Professional certification: CIPD Level 5 in HRM (Ireland)

Work Experience: 5.5 years as an HR Business Partner (overall 2 promotions)

Indian experience: 2014 – 2019
Experience in established companies – TCS, Verizon, Tesco
Experience working in a fast-growing start-up

Career break: Jan 2020 – June 2020

International experience: Starting July 2020
Lead HR in a non-profit organization in Ireland, Dublin
Crisis Volunteer in a Govt funded mental health initiative in Ireland, Dublin

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance :)

Before I reply did something happened that caused your grad GPA to go down? That is a low grad GPA and will be an issue. What's the context?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Ask Accepted.com [#permalink]
Hello there -

Similar to my peers before, I would like reach out for an un-biased profession review of my MBA candidacy. In full honestly, many details of my application are still being worked out on my end. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Background and nationality:
32 Indian Male (US Citizen) – At time of matriculation

Undergrad Information:
B.E. Computer Engineering + M.E. Networked Information Systems - Magna Cum Laude GPA (3.67)

GMAT:
660 (35V, 45Q) – GMAT online

Work experience and leadership:
9 years of work experience – At time of matriculation

I’ve spent the majority of my career in the insurance industry. Speaking to my responsibilities, I've operated across the business intelligence and analytics space. While the majority of my career was spent as an analyst, I have been a supervisor of a small team of analysts (3-5) for the past 3 years.

Community and others:
-Volunteered since high school (local hospitals, underprivileged children education, food rescue, operation gratitude)
-Contributing member of several employee groups (young leadership, community involvement, pride network)
-Mentor-ship of young individuals (summer interns, careervillage)

Post MBA goals:
Short term: Get my foot in the door of product management. Join a rotation product management program within high tech firm (preferably in networking).
Long term: Establish myself as a practice leader in product manager within an engineering firm (specifically in networking/telecom).

Schools of interest:
Foster - Reach
Tepper - Reach
WP Carey - Target
Jones - Target
Naveen Jindal - Target
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kilango89 wrote:
Hello there -

Similar to my peers before, I would like reach out for an un-biased profession review of my MBA candidacy. In full honestly, many details of my application are still being worked out on my end. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Background and nationality:
32 Indian Male (US Citizen) – At time of matriculation

Undergrad Information:
B.E. Computer Engineering + M.E. Networked Information Systems - Magna Cum Laude GPA (3.67)

GMAT:
660 (35V, 45Q) – GMAT online

9 years of work experience – At time of matriculation

I’ve spent the majority of my career in the insurance industry. Speaking to my responsibilities, I've operated across the business intelligence and analytics space. While the majority of my career was spent as an analyst, I have been a supervisor of a small team of analysts (3-5) for the past 3 years.

Community and others:
-Volunteered since high school (local hospitals, underprivileged children education, food rescue, operation gratitude)
-Contributing member of several employee groups (young leadership, community involvement, pride network)
-Mentor-ship of young individuals (summer interns, careervillage)

Post MBA goals:
Short term: Get my foot in the door of product management. Join a rotation product management program within high tech firm (preferably in networking).
Long term: Establish myself as a practice leader in product manager within an engineering firm (specifically in networking/telecom).

Schools of interest:
Foster - Reach
Tepper - Reach
WP Carey - Target
Jones - Target
Naveen Jindal - Target

Sorry, but I'd say that all but Jindal are reaches.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,
I would love to hear your opinion on my brief profile.

Targeting INSEAD Jan intake R1, Kellogg 1yr MBA R2 and MBB consulting after that.

GMAT score: 730 (Q50, V40, IR 7)

Demography: 32 years, Male Indian

Undergraduation: Computer Science Engineer from NIT-Trichy (Ranked consistently in Top 10 engineering institutes in India)
CGPA: 8.62/10 (First class with Distinction)

Postgraduation: MBA (2 year full time flagship PGP course) from IIM-Ahmedabad (Harvard MBA-equivalent & consistently ranked #1 MBA in India)
CGPA: 2.777/3

Work experience (in brief):
Current total work experience of 8.5 years:
• Last 4.5 years of work experience in technology (SaaS-based software) sales roles (business development & account management) in mid & leadership levels across 2 emerging companies (each with an annual revenue of ~20 million USD). Led teams sized 12 account managers in one of the organizations where I got promoted twice.
• 1.5 years in Product Marketing in a Fortune 500 software MNC. Awarded the best new joiner of the year across 40 B-school recruits. Won the best marketing campaign award by US-based HQ office, organized across 13 geographies. Won Quarterly Spot award – conceived & executed marketing strategies to sell Cloud at 140 universities
• 2-month summer internship during my MBA in Strategy & BD at a Fortune 500 company
• 2.5 years in technology consulting (pre-MBA) in a niche boutique consulting firm where I worked closely with US-based tech law firms & US-based Fortune 500 tech companies. Got promoted once. Helped a client receive settlement of USD 20 million in damages against seven Fortune 500 retail banks
• Will be joining a Fortune 500 technology company in a Sales role next month
• All above work locations in India

International exposure details:
• During my work experience at the niche boutique consulting firm, I worked with US-based tech law firms & US-based Fortune 500 tech companies to deliver ROI on tech intellectual property & perform due diligence. Worked in the US for about 3 months in 2011. Travelled to meet & work closely with clients in 6 cities across east coast and west coast in the US.
• During my MBA at IIM-Ahmedabad, as a part of the student exchange program, I did one term (3 months) at France Business School in 2013. Did a backpacking tour to 14 countries in Europe during the exchange program.
• During my product marketing role with the Fortune 500 software MNC, I worked closely with teams across geographies to orchestrate global marketing campaigns. Travelled to the USA for marketing training workshop & events.
• Personal immersion trips with family (not sure if these count): A 2-week holiday trip across multiple cities in Japan in 2016, a 2-week holiday trip across Thailand in 2017 and a 10-day holiday trip to Dubai in 2019
• Currently learning Spanish and targeting to clear the SIELE global exam A1 within the next 2 months

Extracurriculars:
• Trained in Indian Classical vocal music for 15 years. Performed across venues during school & college days, with concert reviews in leading newspapers. Winner of multiple awards in school & college
• Performed in English plays, attended by 300-people & reviewed in leading newspapers
• Cleared Mensa worldwide test – Top 2%. Member of Mensa international
• Active NSS volunteer, organized community service camps and tree-planting schemes at college

Other academic achievements:
CAT 2011 (Common Admission Test - India)
Taken on Oct 2011: 99.65 Percentile
Number of test takers - 189,000

AIEEE 2005 (All India Engineering Entrance Exam)
Taken on May 2005: 98.81 Percentile
Number of test takers - 800,000

Do you think I stand a chance of INSEAD interview & admit, or am I being too ambitious (given my lack of direct international work ex & above average 8.5 years current work ex)?

Can you also please suggest other B-schools as well (both Europe & US), given my profile & aspirations of MBB consulting?

Open to doing a brief pre-MBA internship or stint in a consulting/strategy/EA to CXO role once I get an MBA admit, to increase my chances of a shortlist with MBB consulting.

Given a choice, I would prefer a 1-year MBA (since I’ve already done a 2-year MBA), but open to a 2-year MBA if the internship helps pivot from sales into consulting/strategy.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback,

Thanks much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Linda and Cindy,

I wanted some guidance on how to proceed in with my MBA journey. Below is a brief about me which will help you evaluate my profile.

I graduated from IP college, India in 2017 with 78% (Top 5 percentile of the class)
After my undergrad I joined PNB MetLife India insurance company and have been working here from last three years as a pricing actuary.
I have cleared 12 actuarial exams from the institute and faculty of actuaries and just short of
3 exams from becoming a fellow actuary. I aim to complete that in the next one year.

I have started preparing for GMAT and I’m aiming for atleast 740.

I wanted to know if my profile is strong enough for top 10 MBA colleges and if not what else can I do to improve it. I also wanted to know if being a fellow actuary would make any difference to my candidacy.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi,

I’d like to know which of these Universities would be reach, target or safety options and what would be my chances of an scholarship:
LBS, UK
Insead, FR
Judge, UK
Said, UK
Warwick, UK
Erasmus, NE

My profile:
- Male, 29 years old
- Nationality: Argentinian and Spanish (inherited from Spanish grandparents).
- Languages: Spanish, English & Portuguese
- GMAT: 750
- Work experience: 7 years in Consulting and Beauty Industry (Accenture and TheBodyShop) as Digital Product Manager where I had as many as 10 direct reports.
- Studies: Bachelor in Marketing (GPA: 2.7) & Associate Degree in Computer Programming (GPA: 2.7)

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 202
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q170 V158

GRE 2: Q166 V155
GPA: 3.83
WE:Information Technology (Transportation)
Send PM
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello,

Would love it if you can look at my profile and provide some guidance on the schools that may be categorized as Ambitious, Average, and Below Average in getting an admit for my profile as well as help pursuing my goals.

GRE: 328 (Q170, V158, AWA3)
Have taken GRE specifically for MBA purpose as I was performing better than GMAT. (Planning to retake GRE to improve AWA as it seems too low)

Undergraduation:
• Coming from a low economical background. I could not afford top tier colleges and had to go with the best viable college.
• Completed Bachelors of Technology in Computer Science with minor in Management from one of the Top 100 Universities in India.
• Secured 9.23 CGPA of 10 (First Class with Distinction and stood 2nd in the batch).
• For the exceptional all-round performance, I was also awarded with University's highest student honor "Chairman's Gold Medal", which is awarded to only one individual from the whole university every graduation year.
• Awarded with "Best Outgoing Student" from School of Computing in my university.
• Received scholarship and award for Academic Excellence during every year of Undergrad.

• 4+ Years of Experience in one of the reputed and global top tier Automotive OEM.
• Promoted to Senior Research Engineer in a short span of 3 years for outstanding performance with multiple promotions in between.
• Received the Best Employee award as a result of developing a SW tool which emulated HW and saved more than INR 10 Millions for the company.
• Responsible for Development & Research of new features for the Connected Car module.
• Worked closely with international clients from Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MnSoft, Vodafone and other automotive vendors located across various centers globally. Also, travelled internationally for Business purpose.
• Played a crucial role in vehicle audits and development of many cars from Hyundai, Kia and Genesis which clocked huge sales and currently occupy a wide market share respectively in the segment.
• Interacted with end-customers and dealers to train them of new features, manage defects and receive feedback.
• Self-developed and initiated many projects of various POC's and SW Tools which are currently adopted by our organisation and are further developed with high importance.

Launched and Co-founded 4 Startups.
• 3 Startups failed and 1 was sold.
• First startup was in hospitality and leisure segment. Eventually failed just months after the launch due to very low financial support (merely an total investment of < $500) and technical support.
• Second was related to Celebrity Management, Film media and marketing. Initially it was successful and had rapid growth, but was forced to exit due to suspension of page/communication channel (backbone of the idea) in one of the social media platform.
• Third, it belonged to Event management segment and was extremely successful too. Received accolades from the Embassy of Afghanistan, India and many other organisations. Also the startup featured in newspapers and news-channels. Nevertheless, financial distress and lack of interest by other co-founders forced us to exit.
• Fourth startup was in Apparel and Clothing segment, mostly focussed on tier-2 and tier-3 cities in India. We sold it to one of our client for a profit as some of other members lacked further interest in its growth.
• Currently brainstorming an idea related to Career and Hiring.

Extracurriculars:
• Worked actively in Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre of my college as a team representative for Technical as well as Creative and Designing Teams and held many other positions inititially. I am one of the founding member of the club. Currently playing the role of mentor.
• During my participation in Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre, I networked with seniors who where building a startup(first in my university) related to online pharmacy and was later appointed as CTO for the same. Nonetheless, the hardwork went into vain as the government banned sale of medicines via digital platforms.
• Implemented the concept of campus companies with the guidance of National Entrepreneurship Network of Wadhwani Foundation to facilitate platform for fellow students to provide products and services within our university. (Based on the idealogy of "To the students, by the students, for the students")
• Currently mentoring few juniors of my college for technical excellence and career guidance. Also attending the Board of Studies meetings related to School of Computing of my college in an alumni category.
• Attended the Photography course in Osmania University. Some of my clicks are published in National Geographic Traveller Magazine, few other magazines and digital portals too. Also shot about 4 Short films and secured 2nd position in national level competition for one of them.
• Won many national level logo designing and poster designing contests as I had good expertise in Photoshop.
• Actively Volunteered for National Service Scheme (Clean and Green Campaigns, Pulse Polio drive, blood donations camps and other special camps in India) and Lawrence Anthony Earth Organisation - Hyderabad Chapter (Zoo Volunteering, Plantation drives etc.).
• Hosted many intra and inter-university events (Departmental Fests, Cultural Fests, Technical Fests, Project Expos etc.)

Hobbies: Travelling, Photography, Coin Collection.

Post MBA goals:
• Short Term: Product Management in a Tech Company.
• Long Term: Launch my startup or restart my failed startups with required alterations.

Languages: English, Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, Korean (Read Only)

• The STEM designation for the course is a very important factor for me as that would extend my OPT and ease out the financial burden as I would be taking a loan to support my education.

Current Target Schools (still researching): Ross, Haas, Anderson, Scheller, Foster, Kenen-Flager, Tepper

Open to suggestions. Looking forward to hear back.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

I would really appreciate some feedback on my profile. I am looking to apply in ~3 years. I think that is when I would feel professionally, personally and also Financially ready for an MBA.I am looking to apply to Wharton, HBS, Kellogg, Sloan, Stern, Booth (My dream schools are Wharton or HBS)

Details:

Nationality:
- North-West African citizenship (Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Mauritania)
- Canadian citizenship

Ethnicity: North African/Arab

Country of residence: Canada (Toronto)

GMAT: Haven’t taken the test yet. But I am willing to invest the time and resources I need to get a +700 score.

Education:
- Undergraduate: Top Canadian School. Honors BSc. Physics. GPA: 3.12
- Graduate 1: MSc in Earth Sciences Good Canadian School. Pending Thesis top grades on courses completed
- Graduate 2: MA in Applied Mathematics/ Financial Mathematics. GPA: ~3.8

Work Experience:
- 2 years as a research assistant/Teaching Assistant in my lab during Graduate1. Was elected a team lead of a group of 4 T.As delivering course lectures/labs to > 70 students
- 2 months research assistant in research facility in Japan (fully funded)
- 3 month internship as business intelligence consultant for large Canadian Telecom
- 4 month internship as a Risk Analyst for top 5 Canadian bank
- 4 month internship as a Quantitative analyst for prestigious Canadian investment fund
- (Current role) So far 13 months as a Senior Analyst (full time) in data analytics for top 5 Canadian Back

International experience:
- Born in Europe to North African parents, Graduated high school from the middle east, moved to Canada for Post secondary education.

Extracurricular:
- Was part of the Executive Board and Director of Finance for Campus wide Graduate Business Consulting student association during my MA in applied math degree. Serve for about 1 year in the role.
Additional Certifications:
- Looking to write CFA level 1 within this year.

Future Career goals:
- Transitioning into a high finance roles in : Investment management, Private Equity, Hedge fund management etc.
- Secondary goals would be to work in Tech or Consulting.

A few Questions I have are:
- How would applying to an MBA program be different when I am a little older (32 years old) ?
- Would it help if I use my African citizenship ? Are African candidates more competitive?
- I am a little concerned about my relatively lower undergrad GPA (Quantum Mechanics is hard !!!). Will that be off-set by my higher grad GPAs & potential high performance in GMAT?
- Most of my Business school choices are M7. Are these reasonable choices? Are there school that are better suited for my career choices and profile?

Finally, thank you very much for reading. I would appreciate any help I can get.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Schools: Kelley (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GRE 1: Q166 V157
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hey Accepted.com

I am amidst Gmat journey and planning to appear for next month.

I am really confused about the timelines that would be running for me as i apply for Fall 22.

I know:
I would be applying for R1 application till September 21.
After that, depending upon the decisions, i would have to go for visa applications but not really sure when I could go for that.
What i want to know:
After getting accepted, when would I have to apply for visa and most importantly how to get the i20 form.
Do i need to pay the fees or is there any other process ?
I also have questions about funds to show for cisa applications
do we need to show the full fee amount in account or as the f1 requirements mention just the assurance that you can pay yourself.
Do we need to show the full amount in cash or we can show properties ( How to capture their value ?)
If we apply loans for the fee amount , how does the process for funds change ?

Country of origin: India.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools: ISB '23 (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V150
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Profile Evaluation for MBA 2022 Intake-
GMAT: 760
Duolingo: 145
Undergrad: 9.7 CGPA in Bachelor of Commerce(WES-> US Equivalent Undergrad).
University: Lovely Professional University, Punjab
12th Grade: 92%
Work Experience: 2.5 yrs as Finance Associate in Largest Infrastructure Company of India- Promoted Twice in the period currently leading a team and managing finance of Two National Projects in India under the direct control of PM Office.
3 MOnths as a Process analyst intern in Telecom Company.
EC's - Hosted many events in Undergrad, District level Hockey Player won prizes in Undergrad, Been a part of Charitable organization for the past 5 years.
Certifications: CFA Level 1, CPMP and Online MOOC's over Analytics and Data Science.
Post-MBA goals - Want to transit in Product Management in FMCG.
Hope for the Comments.
Also, Please let me know if pursuing MBA in India or in Abroad is correct for my profile.
which schools can I apply for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

Could you please evaluate my profile for London Business School?

Background: 25, Male, British Citizen

GMAT Score: 750 (Q51 V40 IR8)

Education:
- Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering from a Top 30 college in India with an Average GPA
- Attended Summer School at London School of Economics - Studied Marketing and received an 'A' grade

Extra-curriculars:
Let a team of 20 in a street theatre group and travelled across India performing plays
Won more than 40 awards for our performances and even received a full scholarship for Acting school (Did not take up the offer though)
Our plays were satirical accounts of issues plaguing our society and were aimed at raising awareness on such topics

Work Experience:
Total work ex = 3 years
1. Tata Motors:
- Worked for 8 months as a Graduate Engineer Trainee in the Sales & Marketing division
- Travelled across 8 cities to create a customer testimonial video that was adopted by all offices in the State to show to customers

2. ZS Associates:
- Worked on Sales & Marketing operations for one of the largest Pharma companies in the world
- Regularly consulted Senior Directors on product launches for new drugs
- Won awards such as 'Client Innovator' and 'Star Learner'
- Promoted in 2 years (Among one of the fastest promotions - Usually takes 2.5 to 3 years)

Volunteer Work:
- Started an initiative called Mission Santa around last year to fundraise for an Orphanage by Christmas
- Raised enough money to cover 2 months of rent and also collected 500 items of clothing, books and toys
- Also created a website for the Orphanage

I'm confused whether I should apply this year in R2 or I should wait for a year and apply in September 2022 for a 2023 intake. Any guidance is appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.06
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Ask Accepted.com [#permalink]
Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

My name is Navneet Kumar and I am planning to apply in various 1/2 year FT-MBA (Domestic and International) courses this year, for classes starting in 2023.

I am 36 and have a total experience of 14 years. I have worked in a steelmaking PSU for last 12 years in mid-level production and planning roles. Prior to this, I worked in IT and Education sectors for 22 months and 4 months respectively.

I am looking forward to expand my career advancement opportunities and gain a deeper management perspective through exploring various opportunities in Consulting, General Management and Operations Management roles, which will provide me with the managerial experience and impetus required for senior management roles in future. Also, l look forward to hone my leadership and personnel management skills to further help me improve the managerial aspect of my so far technical dominated career.

My GMAT score is 760. I haven’t taken an English proficiency yet but will do if required by my target schools or if VISA authorities require me to.

EDUCATION
Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pusa - 10th (2001), 88.8%
DAV JVM Shyamali, Ranchi- 12th (2003), 66.8%
BIT Sindri - B.Sc. Engineering - Metallurgical Engineering (2003-2007), 70.22%(Distinction)

I volunteer at a special school for differently abled children and an orphanage for underprivileged kids. My hobbies are photography, astronomy, gardening, driving and reading books.

My target schools are: -
1. ISB
2. IIMA
3. IIMB
4. IIMC
5. INSEAD
6. HEC PARIS
7. SAID OXFORD
8. TEPPER
9. KELLEY
10. JUDGE CAMBRIDGE
11. HAAS
12. FUQUA
13. JOHNSON
14. YALE
15. SDA BOCCONI
16. LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL
17. EMORY GOIZUETA
18. ROSS
19. KENAN FLAGLER
20. IESE

I understand the list is very big, and I hope to truncate it down to a more manageable number.

I request you to please review my profile and tell me what are my chances for admissions in my target schools.

Regards,
Navneet
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
I am planning to apply to my target B schools in R2 (Full time programs) this year. My profile is as follows:

Target schools: Booth, Berkeley, Wharton, NYU Stern, Ross, Marshal, UCLA, Stanford, Kellog, Cornel, LBS, INSEAD, HEC
POst MBA Target domain: Consulting

Work experience: ~5 years
I have worked as a credit analyst with a private bank and subsequently Citibank (1 promotion) in India for about 4 years. I then joined consulting firm Dun and Bradstreet as a strategy consultant in Doha, Qatar where I worked for 9 months. I will be moving to Prague to join Citibank as a Senior Aredit Analyst in mid January.

Education: Qualified ACCA (Association of Certified Chartered Accountants)
B.B.A majoring in Finance and Accounting
Undergrad GPA: 3.04 (on scale of 4)

Extra curriculars:
While working at Axis Bank, led a award winning CSR project centered around financial literacy in the unbanked population of India
Cultivated and scaled a running community from 20 to 500 members.
Have worked for an NGO that works very actively for animal shelter and treatment
Have worked as volunteer for an NGO that worked for Covid relief measures across the country.

GMAT score: 740 (Q50 V41 IR3 AWA5)

Can you please let me know what schools I can target and what schools would be ambitious? Please feel free to recommend other schools not in the list
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Dear all,
Please help me gauge my chances of selection at ISB 2023 round of admissions.

Personal profile: Dr. Nishant Joshi, 22 years, male, Indian

Academic background:

10th from CBSE, India: 10 CGPA
12th from Rajasthan State board in PCB: 94.6%Selected through National Level entrance test NEET-UG SCORE- 595/720
MBBS from RNT Medical college, Udaipur: from 2017 to 2022
MBBS average Percentage 65%
GMAT: scheduled in August 2023

Professional background:
Internship : 12 months Mar. 2022 to Mar. 2023 in MB Government hospital ,Udaipur
Total Work experience: 0 months (Planning to join it post GMAT exam, currently looking for early entry options)

Extra- Curricular
*Participated in intercollege debate competition twice and won certificate of appreciation.
*Won medals at college level essay writing, debate competition.
*Participated at college level sports event with 4 gold and 3 silver and 3 bronze medals.
*Founding members of the college literary club, leading a team of junior doctors every year since 2017 to participate in reading and writing activities in the club.
*Founding member and organizer of the annual doctor’s meet of our district.
*Volunteer for annual blood donation event at college since 2018
*Helped manage funds for the student welfare committee.

MBA Plan - MBA in general management with add on concentration in healthcare management

Future plan post MBA: Want to work in healthcare firm at consulting/strategy role to utilize my already available experience in the field and gain valuable insights to build a start-up to provide easy access to healthcare services for patients who belong to poor backgrounds.

TARGET SCHOOL – ISB also open to suggestions about other schools that might fit my profile.

What should be my target score?
What further can be done to be a better fit to the school?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9