Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 17:59 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 17:59
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA & Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Andy : Fischtrom
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 1156
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask Fortuna Admissions [#permalink]
thanks all!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8919 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you Bill and Andy for your time today :)

We are Live with a Technology Industry Panel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 176
Send PM
Hello. Can I post a profile evaluation request now? I am not sure if this session is closed yet !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
24 year old, Indian, Female GMAT 740

Work experience: Total - 2 years 8 months
- Associate Consultant (28 months) in a social impact consultancy firm - worked in the education and modern slavery practice areas under design, strategy and program management functional area. Promoted twice.
- Research Analyst (4 months) in a market entry research and consulting firm - worked in the renewable energy practice area

Education:
- Economic Honors, MH, Delhi University (7.7/10 CGPA)
- CFA Level 1 passed
- Executive program in International Relations and Public Policy

Extra-curricular:
- Volunteer at Disha - a center imparting special needs education to students with multiple Disabilities (sensory integration, aquatic therapy and equine therapy)
- Represented state in basketball (national level); member college basketball and netball team
- Project Head, Enactus - led a social innovation project with acid attack survivors
- Recipient - College award for exceptional performance in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities

Post MBA goals
- Exploring a mix of finance and consulting roles (Consulting/VC) in the social sector space
Target - Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, HEC, Yale, NUS Would my profile (with appox. 3 years of experience) be competitive for applications this year?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are Live with Fortuna Admissions!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi - please see below details of my background. I am looking to apply to HBS, Wharton, Columbia and LBS this year. Thank you for doing this. I look forward to your feedback!

Basic details: I am 23 years old, and have lived in four different countries, including India, South Africa, The Netherlands and now, England.

Education: 3-year Bachelors Degree (BSc Management) at the London School of Economics with a First Class Honours (not sure what the GPA equivalent is).
Currently pursuing a professional CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) qualification.

Work Experience: I have been working at J.P. Morgan in London as a Finance & Business Management Analyst since September 2019. I am part of a 3 year rotational programme. See below for rotations:

(Sep 2019 - Oct 2020) - P&L Controller for one of J.P. Morgan's largest UK entities.
(Oct 2020 - Present) - Business Manager for Corporate & Investment Bank Equities Operations (tasked with supporting senior Business Heads in the Equities Operations organisation).
(Oct 2021 - TBC) - Equities Financing Product Controller.

Before my full time job, I also interned at J.P. Morgan (Equities Valuations Control Group), alongside KPMG (Deals Intern) and SaturnF1 (E-Learning Analyst for the e-commerce arm of Apollo Tyres).

My current GMAT score is 710 (Q49 V38), but I am preparing for a resit to improve my score.

Extra-curricular activities: Playing cricket (was part of the team that won the national youth Dutch tournament). In addition, I was the Vice President & Treasurer of the LSE SU India Forum, which is a day-long conference that hosts dignitaries from India across fields such as Business, Finance, Sports, Politics and Entertainment. In addition, I was also the Designer and Treasurer for the LSE SU India Society. I have also had the experience of co-hosting the Captain of the Indian Women's Cricket Team and the Captain of the Indian Men's Football Team in an online webinar, which I organised alongside a friend. Currently, I am part of the Learning & Development Pillar of the F&BM Analyst Committee at J.P. Morgan, which organises and hosts training and development sessions for graduates on the programme. Also a volunteer in the J.P. Morgan Markets Operations Diversity & Inclusion Council. In my free time, I engage in financial literature and enjoy reading about business leaders and management.

Post-MBA aspirations: I wish to transition into Investment Banking for a few years to enhance and develop my skill set (e.g. analysing company fundamentals, teamwork and leadership skills etc.) following which I would like to pursue opportunities in Social Enterprise/Impact Investing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Indian Male (25 year-old)

10th-98
12th-98.2
Bachelor’s in Economics from Tier 1 College - Top 1% of the batch
Master’s in Economics from Tier 1 College - Top 10% in the Batch of 250

GMAT Target Score - 750+

Work Experience: 3 Years

Role 1 - Analytics Consultant in Wells Fargo - Part of Financial Analytics and Consulting Team.

Role 2 - Management Associate at Boutique Consulting Firm by Ex-McK
Promoted to Senior Consultant within 15 months

Extracurricular:(1) President of the Placement Cell
(2) Organisng Head of E-Cell
(3) President of Dance Society

Member of Multiple Societies as well - Finance, Quiz etc.

Currently involved in multiple Pro Bono Consulting Projects - working towards attaining United Nations sustainability goals

Chances for Insead ? I don’t have any international experience due to Covid, however, my work involves regular interactions with clients in Montreal and South Africa - Majorly Top Banks of the regions.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
This chat will be active on June 29th at 10 AM Pacific or 10:30 PM IST

You can still send in your questions and they will be queued. We will release them at the start of the chat session.

Originally posted by Nikhil on 28 Jun 2021, 14:31.
Last edited by Nikhil on 28 Jun 2021, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We will get started in about 10 minutes at 10 AM Pacific or 10:30 PM IST :)

The chat moderation is on. Your questions will be queued and will be released at the start of the session. Please keep sending in your questions :)

We will have Emma and Brittany from Fortuna admissions joining us in a few mins.

Emma and Brittany, let us know once you are here :)

Originally posted by Nikhil on 29 Jun 2021, 09:50.
Last edited by Nikhil on 29 Jun 2021, 09:59, edited 2 times in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi Everyone, My name is Emma Bond and I currently work as a Coach and Director at Fortuna Admissions. I previously worked on the MBA Admissions Committee at London Business School for a number of years and subsequently joined the recruiting team at BCG’s London office. Look forward to chatting with you!
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Brittany here from Fortuna! Nice to meet everyone, and we look forward to providing some insights and answering your questions today.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
can a student apply with just 1 year of experience during round 1 , because 2 years will get completed just before joining the Mba program ?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, Thanks for joining

I will release questions 2 at a time. You can respond to them.

As soon as you are done with your response, I will release the next one :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
I am a scientist and I have been working on Nuclear Fusion project for the past 9 years. Despite being a scientist my area of work is mainly related to low cost technology development for this project. I want to know whether my work profile suits for full time MBA. Indian Male. Undergraduate: Electrical Engineering with 88% marks. GMAT target score: 740
Send PM
Hi there, I would advise that you probably need a little more experience - two years is usually the minimum because you need to be able to engage and contribute within the classroom. So you could apply with that but I think most schools would probably be looking for a little more.
SD22A wrote:
can a student apply with just 1 year of experience during round 1 , because 2 years will get completed just before joining the Mba program ?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
charliedemort, do you want to send a different message or can I release the one in the queue?

Noted charliedemort,

Originally posted by Nikhil on 29 Jun 2021, 10:04.
Last edited by Nikhil on 29 Jun 2021, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Hi, I think you have a lot of great schools covered. I would perhaps look at Cambridge Judge as well as they are very strong in entrepreneurship and tech. But perhaps with your level of experience you might want to consider the EMBA route.
kk87 wrote:
IndianMale, Age – 34 yrs

GMAT: In process, Targeting around 650

10th – 87%
12th – 73%
Undergraduation: B.Sc.Fashion Design – 78%
Masters: M.Des in Apparel Design – GPA: 7.57

Work Experience: 11+ Years

Current Designation and Responsibilities : (in the process of moving to a startup)
Deputy General Manager – Head of Design
Lead a design team of 14 members for a leading Menswear Brand in India

Career Path after Masters >
Aug 2018 – Present : Deputy General Manager
Aug 2017 – Aug 2018 : Senior Manager
July 2017 – Aug 2017 : Group Manager
July 2015 – July 2017 : Manager
Aug 2013 – Jul 2015 : Asst. Manager
Sep 2011 – July 2013 : Design Lead (with a Startup)

Extra-Curricular Activities :
General secretary of Students Activity Committee during Masters
Beer Brewing, Technology Enthusiast, Amateur in share market trading, Travelling, Indoor sports

MBA: 1 year MBA

Target Schools: OXFORD, INSEAD, HEC PARIS, NUS, ISB

MBA Specialization: Digital Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship

SHORT TERM GOAL: Work with a startup in Digital Business (to build cross-functional competencies, develop risk-management abilities, and a range of other soft and hard entrepreneurial competencies)

MID TERM GOAL: Work with Consulting firms (to explore various Industries)

LONG TERM GOAL: Start and lead a lifestyle brand that covers under its ambit a variety of products and experiences encompassing the industries of technology, fashion, food and hospitality.

What are my odds of getting into the mentioned target schools ? Am I missing any schools which suits my profile ?
How can I improve my candidature as I am from a creative background (should I take HBS Core or anything similar to that) ?

PS: I got admitted to HKUST this year, but I had to withdraw the application due to personal reasons.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27  ...  30