GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2015, 09:41
GMATAnnihilator wrote:
Quick response. Submitted 6 days ago. Got invited to an interview. Any tips?

I got my interview last month and received admit about 3 weeks later.
The Rotman interview is rather standard and conversational - if you have good answers behind Why MBA, Why Rotman, Career Progression, and Key Strengths/Weaknesses/Group work you'll be fine. I spoke with Afrodite - she is really straightforward with questions. Unlikely some of the other schools I interviewed where the interviewers sometimes bombard you with follow-up questions, Rotman is quite willing to let you structure the answer.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2015, 09:44
MBAapplicantfall2015 wrote:
Hi all!

Is there any Facebook group for the admits?

We can probably start one! I'm attending the RPSC and probably will soon accept the offer. Would like to know how fellow students are planning on prepping for RPSC R3 and Aug/Sep start.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Rotman '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.89

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2015, 12:29
SereneWS wrote:
I will be attending the RPSC R3. Are there any chances to visit classrooms and school facilities? It seems like a packed agenda, so I'm not sure if the group work demands us to be fully occupied the first two days... Can you share some experiences you had last year?

There'll be opportunities to visit facilities, no worries! Last year there were even sample classes you can join, and I would recommend that you do those. There's also fireside chats, last year there was one with Kevin Frey. I may also be one of the ambassadors leading a tour of the school so there's that too.

The group work is fun, you're randomly placed into a group of four and given a five-hour task of coming up with a deck. To go from scratch to a finished product in five hours is intense, and but it is a great learning experience because it's only a sample of what you should expect in the program. Then the following day you'll do your pitch, and you can organize with your group when and where to practice and such.

Outside of this, there are a ton of things to do. I went to the talk by Maja Djikic and Kevin Frey. Super fun and amazing talks. And in the evenings there are the mix and mingle events with current first and second years who choose to attend (probably for the free booze and free food). So you'll meet tons of people, whether you want to or not!

Again, about the Facebook group, I just checked and there is already an official Rotman Full-Time Class of 2017 Facebook group. The administrators of this group are also administrators in the program, and as this group is a closed group, only those who have received admission offers are let in. At least that's how it was for the Class of 2016. You should receive a link in your offer email and with your admissions package.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.7
WE: Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2015, 14:36
Thanks SereneWS!

SereneWS wrote:
GMATAnnihilator wrote:
Quick response. Submitted 6 days ago. Got invited to an interview. Any tips?

I got my interview last month and received admit about 3 weeks later.
The Rotman interview is rather standard and conversational - if you have good answers behind Why MBA, Why Rotman, Career Progression, and Key Strengths/Weaknesses/Group work you'll be fine. I spoke with Afrodite - she is really straightforward with questions. Unlikely some of the other schools I interviewed where the interviewers sometimes bombard you with follow-up questions, Rotman is quite willing to let you structure the answer.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: Q162 V164

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2015, 14:37
Applied late Monday night, got an interview request today.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2015, 20:02
Offer email doesn't have fb group details, has anyone received it in the offer email ?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2015, 10:36
pdhir wrote:
Offer email doesn't have fb group details, has anyone received it in the offer email ?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rotman2017FT/?ref=br_tf

Just search on Facebook. The link above is for the official group; the admins are from either the Program Services Office or from the Admissions team.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2015, 00:23
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to those who are in. I am interested to know the timelines of the application in the sense that how long it takes for the adcom to come back after submitted the application.

I submitted mine on the 1 Mar '15 and am trying to figure out whether I didn't make the cut.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 18:15
Hi All,

I am looking for some examples(apart from practise questions) for the video essay questions that are asked as part of the application ..would really appreciate if anyone could help me with these.

Thanks
Ak
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 22:40
Hello everybody,

I got an interview invite last night. They have mentioned the interview time as 09.30 SDT on Thursday, 12th March. Now I am not sure what SDT is. The closest match I got through google is Samoa Daylight Time, but I am not sure. I plan to get it confirmed from Rotman, but I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. TIA!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 05:11
GoonerGalactico wrote:
Hello everybody,

I got an interview invite last night. They have mentioned the interview time as 09.30 SDT on Thursday, 12th March. Now I am not sure what SDT is. The closest match I got through google is Samoa Daylight Time, but I am not sure. I plan to get it confirmed from Rotman, but I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. TIA!

That sounds like it could be DST - Daylight Savings Time - since we just switched over three days ago. Confirm with admissions though, or maybe Michael can help?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 06:24
MrBilliards wrote:
GoonerGalactico wrote:
Hello everybody,

That sounds like it could be DST - Daylight Savings Time - since we just switched over three days ago. Confirm with admissions though, or maybe Michael can help?

Thanks for your input. I got it confirmed by my interviewer. SDT --> Standard Daylight Time, so my interview would be at 9.30AM, Toronto time. Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 06:27
Congratulations on the interview. Did you apply in round 3 by any chance. I did but no response yet.

Good luck with the interview.

FTW

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 06:44
forthewin wrote:
Congratulations on the interview. Did you apply in round 3 by any chance. I did but no response yet.

Good luck with the interview.

FTW

Thanks!

Yes, I applied in Round 3.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V41

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 06:42
simplyanuj wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking for some examples(apart from practise questions) for the video essay questions that are asked as part of the application ..would really appreciate if anyone could help me with these.

Thanks
Ak

I got "What will your coworkers miss most about you when you leave?" and "What do you do in your spare time for fun?". For another school, I had "What is your secret talent?" and "Why do you want to go to this school?"

In a prep session, the admissions offer gave some examples, such as, "What is your favourite book?", "Where do you want to travel?". Easy stuff!
Unique Post-MBA Careers  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 12:00
FROM Rotman Admissions Blog: Unique Post-MBA Careers
It is almost a rule of thumb for vast majority of MBA candidates to pursue a career in “Consulting” and/or “Investment Banking” after the MBA.  These careers are amazing, hands down! However given the competitive nature of these industries and the number of jobs available out there, it may not be the ideal to limit your future career to these industries. The MBA is pursued by more and more diverse group of individuals and the diverse experience being brought to the table makes the post-MBA job market quite interesting.

I am sure 5 years ago, if I asked a candidate to consider a career in sales, they would think I was joking. However today, there are amazing career paths within global organizations for those who pursue a career in business development and sales. Some of the companies that recruit for sales roles at Rotman are Salesforce, GlaxoSmithKline, Microsoft, Procter and Gamble and Infosys. When you look at the industries these companies represent, it is obvious that “sales” is a hot career in every industry.

As a candidate you might be wondering how you can assess your skills and decide if you are a good fit to pursue a career in business development and sales.   

Let’s start with these quick questions:

• Do you have a strong internal drive and enjoy high levels of autonomy?
  • Are you results oriented?
  • Do you have a proven track record?
  • Do you enjoy taking ownership of projects and tasks?
  • Do you consider yourself a good conflict manager who finds solutions to complex problems or cross-functional team conflicts?
  • Do you have excellent people skills?
  • Can you show empathy? Are you able to put yourself in others’ shoes?
  • Do you have a positive attitude?
  • Do you work well under pressure?
  • Are you confident enough to prepare and pitch strategic business ideas?Do you have strong presentation skills? Can you influence others?
  • Are you motivated by exceeding expectations?
  • Do you have a sales mind?Are you good at business development?
  • Are you social media savvy?
If  you have answered most of these questions YES, then you might have a very good career in business development and sales-according to our career coachesJ As you can see from this mini questionnaire, a career in sales requires great soft skills, and these soft skills become more crucial as you climb up the leadership leader. You can start out as an inside/outside sales professional and make yourself up to the CEO level.

How can we help those who are interested in a career in business development and sales? At Rotman we have many resources at your disposal. Soft skills while crucial in any role; when it comes to sales, you have to go above and beyond and have top notch people skills. Our Self-Development Lab (SDL) is probably one of the best resources to develop/hone soft skills along with the SDL, electives in marketing such as Sales Management and Marketing will help you improve your technical skills. The Capstone Project at the end of the first year will allow you to practice a wide range of soft and technical skills including your pitching skills to a suite of top level executives at well-known organizations.

Another amazing resource our students take advantage of is our incredible alumni in the field. They are always happy to share their insight and help out.

Last but not least, if you are interested in a career in business development and sales, I’d highly recommend Daniel Pink’s “To Sell is Human”, great book to explore further the world of a sales.

As always, please let us know if we can assist you with anything, looking forward to meeting you at a future event!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: Q162 V164

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 07:14
Got admitted yesterday.

Applied: March 3rd
Interview Request: March 5th
Interviewed: March 11th
Accepted: March 12th

Seems like they really wanted me.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.7
WE: Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 08:50
rbsx wrote:
Got admitted yesterday.

Applied: March 3rd
Interview Request: March 5th
Interviewed: March 11th
Accepted: March 12th

Seems like they really wanted me.

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 02:46
Hi. Got admitted yesterday. Anyone from Delhi? Is there a whatsapp group?

Official Business School Representative

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 15:03
Big news for our international admits! We are excited to announce a new partnership with the Bank of Montreal where you can take out a loan for up to full tuition without a cosigner!

Get the details here:
http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... tance.aspx

Michael Moses
Assistant Director, Full Time MBA
Rotman School of Management
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369
Email: michael.moses@rotman.utoronto.ca

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 14 Mar 2015, 15:03

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19    Next  [ 363 posts ] 

Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap