Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.94
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
nautikal wrote:
Bill38 wrote:
Hey guys,

does anyone know when Booth hosts the next admit weekend? I think it is going to be in April but I don't know that exact date. I want to block the weekend just in case

Posted from my mobile device

Weekend of April 9th

Thank you!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Just received an email from prodigy finance which says something along the lines that congrats on taking the first step and getting admitted at a top school. I havent applied to any other top school apart form Chicago. And I had a terrible terrible interview. Beyond creeped.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.86
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
That's awesome! Did you apply to any other schools?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1020 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
wow that is creepy haha, i doubt booth releases results to them though? probably just a fluke
dukandaar wrote:
Just received an email from prodigy finance which says something along the lines that congrats on taking the first step and getting admitted at a top school. I havent applied to any other top school apart form Chicago. And I had a terrible terrible interview. Beyond creeped.

I'm happy for you,lol. Sorry, but this was funny
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.86
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
One more week!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
I am super anxious. I was interviewed at Booth with a second term student. The interview went very well but I did not send a thank_you note after the interview. It is a cultural thing that thanking him would seem like I am trying influence his decision. In addition I read somewhere that second year students don't like it either. Would someone shed some light? Shall I assume I am rejected because of this small misunderstanding or shall I hope for the best.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
SHANGIAA wrote:
I am super anxious. I was interviewed at Booth with a second term student. The interview went very well but I did not send a thank_you note after the interview. It is a cultural thing that thanking him would seem like I am trying influence his decision. In addition I read somewhere that second year students don't like it either. Would someone shed some light? Shall I assume I am rejected because of this small misunderstanding or shall I hope for the best.

I don't believe sending a Thank you note would make a big difference so no worries...

What's wrong with trying to influence his decision? This is the idea behind the interview... You are not running for a Supreme Court position:)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
SHANGIAA wrote:

You absolutely don't need to worry. Opinions differ on whether you should send a thank you note or not. After your leave the interview room, everything is set. Sending a thank you note won't help if your interview was terrible and not sending a note won't be held against you if the interview went well. Overall, it is just a nice gesture to round things up. So don't overthink. If your interview went well, stay relaxed and be positive ;)

Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '18 (D)
Send PM
guys, do u have any views on why do some people get rejected when they seem to have given good interviews ?

I guess most of us at this age would have the self-awareness to tell when our interviews dont or do go well

whats a terrible and a good interview in ur opinion?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
mais1990 wrote:
guys, do u have any views on why do some people get rejected when they seem to have given good interviews ?

I guess most of us at this age would have the self-awareness to tell when our interviews dont or do go well

I think its not about having a terrible or a good interview but about giving your interviewer enough reasons for them to rate you as a good fit with the Booth culture. So although you had a great interview, you have to sell your fit with Booth, otherwise it will be hard for the interviewer to send a good feedback (I read that interviewers fill a feedback form after your interview to send to admissions).

Moreover, I think we all know that interview is just one of many other components in the application. What I am concerned with at this point is, if I have successfully identified myself as a distinct candidate based on my essays, applications and interview combined. This in my case is incredibly hard because I come from a very over-represented region. I tried focusing on what makes me unique throughout my interview so I hope I did that enough to get me in. Fingers crossed :) :)

Originally posted by Delyoshi on 10 Mar 2016, 00:19.
Last edited by Delyoshi on 10 Mar 2016, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GRE 1: Q167 V155

GRE 2: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.73
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Days are long, nights are longer. Thinking back to every minute of the interview I gave over phone. The voice tone was too loud, I could not show enough enthusiasm, the amount of detail could have improved, may be I could have written a better essay, or even scored 5 more in GRE.

Looking for things that would give me some sort of assurance of making it to Booth MBA !
Oh MBA admission, thou art a heartless *complain* !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Less than a week to D-day. Time is just crawling.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
WE:Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
think you're all putting waaaay too much emphasis on the interview. it comes down to creating the right mix of students, from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, not who had a marginally better (subjectively) interview.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
mais1990 wrote:

I agree with PlsLetMeIn , you people are over analyzing the interview and other aspects of the application process. It is not that straightforward. People get dinged after a great interview while people who have had bad experiences still manage to get through. The variables being complete profile/demographics of the incoming class and the nature/type of mix that the adcoms decided to let in when they sat down before the application season started. Your applications are once again reviewed after receiving the interview feedback and is deliberated upon before the final decision date.

So if your interview went well, good for you but dont get too confident just yet, and if the interview did not go well, dont worry, there is still some chance.

Good luck to all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
mais1990 wrote:

I agree with PlsLetMeIn , you people are over analyzing the interview and other aspects of the application process. It is not that straightforward. People get dinged after a great interview while people who have had bad experiences still manage to get through. The variables being complete profile/demographics of the incoming class and the nature/type of mix that the adcoms decided to let in when they sat down before the application season started. Your applications are once again reviewed after receiving the interview feedback and is deliberated upon before the final decision date.

So if your interview went well, good for you but dont get too confident just yet, and if the interview did not go well, dont worry, there is still some chance.

Good luck to all.

It would be super interesting to know how strong the correlation between strength of the interview and the final admission decisions is. I agree that you should not overthink the individual aspects of the application, but the interview is still the only face-to-face interaction with an applicant and therefore probably the best chance to get an impression whether you fit into the school or not.

But overall I agree that noone should lose hope! Everything can happen on Wednesday/Thursday. Best of luck to all of you!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
WE:Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
it's too subjective to have a really significant impact. if they really cared about it they'd have admissions committee members do every single interview (e.g. HBS).

If you show up dress appropriately, can speak fluent english, have good manners and listen to the interviewer while they speak and provide relatively coherent responses, you're fine.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  61   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts