It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 09:17

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 13:24
Mortysmith wrote:
mr7183 wrote:
Mortysmith wrote:
Just checked my App page and got the ding. Felt interview didnt go well - my interviewer was kind of a dick. Strange given most people coming out of their interviews had very positive experiences.

Anyway, good luck to all!

What's your profile? Surprised you didn't get in with a 740 and 4.0.

Profile is solid, 2 Years Elite Boutique IB and 3 Years Corp Dev with 2 promotions. I believe my essay was very good as well.

I botched the interview a bit - couldn't remember the specific classes I intended to take while at Booth and got more weakness questions than I was prepared to answer. Also, not sure whether I communicated a real passion for Booth.

Coming out of the process, its apparent an alumni interview is probably the way to go rather than an on campus with a second year.

Stil

I'm sorry to hear you did not get in. I believe the limiting factor may have been your GMAT. During admissions you are compared to those with similar profiles, and not to the overall candidate pool. As it stands, applicants with strong finance backgrounds tend to have 750+ GMAT.

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 38

Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.95
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 15:41
nexphase wrote:
Mortysmith wrote:
mr7183 wrote:

What's your profile? Surprised you didn't get in with a 740 and 4.0.

Profile is solid, 2 Years Elite Boutique IB and 3 Years Corp Dev with 2 promotions. I believe my essay was very good as well.

I botched the interview a bit - couldn't remember the specific classes I intended to take while at Booth and got more weakness questions than I was prepared to answer. Also, not sure whether I communicated a real passion for Booth.

Coming out of the process, its apparent an alumni interview is probably the way to go rather than an on campus with a second year.

Stil

I'm sorry to hear you did not get in. I believe the limiting factor may have been your GMAT. During admissions you are compared to those with similar profiles, and not to the overall candidate pool. As it stands, applicants with strong finance backgrounds tend to have 750+ GMAT.

I hope you're not right - because then I'd be screwed for each school. Luckily for me I don't believe 10 points on my GMAT will drive away a school if they like every other element of my application. Generally, I feel the GMAT effect, within 10 point bands, is largely overrated on these boards. Then again, I haven't been accepted yet so wtf do I know.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 38

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 07:19
Just submitted my intent to stay on the waitlist. In the FAQ it mentions "Any updates should come directly from you rather than from an outside source (we do not accept additional letts of recommendation)".

I know it says it there in black and white, but it seems everyone submits additional letters of recommendation. Should you submit one or follow their directions and not?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2016, 19:04
I hope you're not right - because then I'd be screwed for each school. Luckily for me I don't believe 10 points on my GMAT will drive away a school if they like every other element of my application. Generally, I feel the GMAT effect, within 10 point bands, is largely overrated on these boards. Then again, I haven't been accepted yet so wtf do I know.[/quote]

If you got interviewed, your GMAT, essay and app were fine. I would attribute it to the interview. Sorry you had such a rough one

I had it with an alum and it went well

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2464

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 04:54

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Explore the Class of 2016 Employment Report [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 09:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Explore the Class of 2016 Employment Report
As you think about your MBA application, you are most likely considering your future career goals and how to choose the right program to achieve those dreams. The business school experience is not just about your first job after graduation. It’s about preparing you to be successful for the entirety of your future career.

With the support of Career Services, Booth students spend two years identifying and developing their strengths and interests, formulating a job search strategy, and then executing on that plan. Part of that plan starts well before business school when they began researching MBA programs, what the programs had to offer, and assessing the level of success their graduates could expect.

Each year in November, we report on the recent graduating class and their first career steps post-MBA, as well as on the current second-year students and their recently completed MBA summer internships. The Chicago Booth Employment Report highlights the organizations that hired members of the Class of 2016, the industries and functions students stepped into, and the cities in which they chose to work.

Similar to last year, we wanted to spotlight sections that can help prospective students as they compare MBA programs. As you page through the report, take notice of some areas you may find most useful as a future MBA student.

Class Analysis

The Class Analysis breaks down each graduating class by offers and acceptances for grads who were actively seeking employment. We are happy to report that 98.4% of our Class of 2016 received job offers within three months of graduating. This compares favorably to the Class of 2015 when 97.4% of grads received formal job offers within three months of graduation – the highest percentage among the top 25 schools. In addition, our international students were 100% employed three months out.

Employers 

The Employers section outlines the top companies recruiting at Booth for the past six years. This year, over 450 companies hired Booth talent into more than 20 industries. Corporations like McKinsey & Company, The Boston Consulting Group, and Amazon continue to top the list of firms hiring Booth talent, with employers like Fidelity, Google, and Samsung increasing their full-time offers over last year.

Functions and Industries 

The Functions and Location section highlights the geographic diversity of where our students end up, and Job Source demonstrates how grads sourced their eventual offers. Almost half of our graduates landed in major cities on the West Coast and in the Northeast United States. International hires remain strong as our Career Services team works to cultivate relationships with employers outside of the Unites States to support students who wish to work internationally after graduation. And, more than 3/4 of all offers were facilitated through Booth – a glowing example of the power of the Chicago Booth network.

Before joining admissions to oversee the evaluation and selection of our Full-Time MBA candidates, I spent four years as part of Booth’s Career Services employer development team. With staff based in the Unites States, Europe, and Asia, the team continues to travel the globe to cultivate relationships with employers, identify opportunities, and make those opportunities accessible to our students.

As you move forward with your business school plans, consider your own career path and where you hope to go with your MBA. You have heard us say many times that while we want you to have clear ideas about your future career; you don’t need to have every detail mapped out. Certainly you will make many discoveries during your program and uncover amazing and unexpected possibilities. Know how your goals align with your top business school choices, the potential employers you envision yourself pursuing post-MBA, and which schools can offer you the opportunities you hope for.

As always, feel free to comment below if you have any questions about our employment report, career support at Booth, or other ways our program can help you achieve your professional potential after school and beyond.

Best,

Nima Merchant

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D

Kudos [?]: 29375 [0], given: 5301

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 12:14
Booth Employment Report is out
https://www.chicagobooth.edu/employment ... index.aspx

Looks like internships to job offers ratio is about 2:1 with most top employers

Booth Bragging:

Quote:
We are happy to report that 98.4% of our Class of 2016 received job offers within three months of graduating. This compares favorably to the Class of 2015 when 97.4% of grads received formal job offers within three months of graduation – the highest percentage among the top 25 schools. In addition, our international students were 100% employed three months out.

At the same time the salary growth is zero. :-/

Attachment:
booth employment.png
booth employment.png [ 41.92 KiB | Viewed 5467 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29375 [0], given: 5301

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
D

Kudos [?]: 29375 [2], given: 5301

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 12:25
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Had a few mins on my lunch break so I ran a quick comparison of the 2015 vs 2016 report is painting a picture of fewer people going to MBB and Blue Chip companies and shift towards TECH and IBanking. However, very bleak picture for Consulting folks with a big inflow into Accenture is more of a Honda of consulting rather than BMW (13 vs. 5).

P.S. Final interesting piece of data - zero salary growth from 2015 to 2016. $125K and $125K year over year.
Attachments

2016 Booth report - top employers.png
2016 Booth report - top employers.png [ 42.55 KiB | Viewed 5458 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29375 [2], given: 5301

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 23 [1], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 08:43
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Prospective Class of 2019,

My name is JC. I'm a current 2nd year at Booth and once a former waitlisted applicant.

I recently wrote a medium post on tactics for improving your chances on the waitlist based on my personal experience and research.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

https://medium.com/@positivelyjc/so-youve-been-waitlisted-now-what-cfc344779153#.xepc3d990

Kudos [?]: 23 [1], given: 17

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2016, 22:59
Thursday, December 22: Live Chat for R2/R3 HBS, GSB, Wharton, and Booth Applicants with PersonalMBACoach

Dear Applicants, This Thursday we are conducting a live chat for applicants targeting HBS, GSB, Wharton, or Booth in R2/R3. In this chat Scott Edinburgh, Wharton MBA graduate and founder of PersonalMBACoach will chat with applicants and answer their questions regarding applications, essays, recommendations, etc. Scott has helped hundreds of applicants get into their dream schools since last eight years. Besides perfecting the MBA admissions process, he has also worked across consulting, financial services and strategy & corporate development roles before becoming a Full-Time admissions consultant.

Hope to see you all in the event. Thank you!

December 22, 2016 | Thursday | 8 AM Pacific Time (11 AM ET; 4 PM GMT; 9:30 PM India) | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager

RSVP Now for Booth Student-Hosted Events [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 09:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: RSVP Now for Booth Student-Hosted Events
It is that time again! I can feel the excitement among my classmates as we mark the end of our final exams. Most of us are getting ready to head to Telluride for the Booth ski trip, participate in an industry trek, go home to our families, or travel to different places all over the world.

But none of these travels would be as much fun if we didn’t include you as prospective students. Many of my classmates and I will be hosting informal gatherings in cities throughout the globe during our Winter Break. So make sure to visit the website --> and RSVP-->--> for a Student-Hosted event in your city. We are happy to share our perspective about navigating the MBA application process, Booth's uniquely flexible curriculum, recruiting, the social network, as well as experiential and leadership opportunities.-->

-->

We are extremely excited to get to know you and share our love for Booth. I am personally looking forward to hosting the event in Buenos Aires! We hope you will consider joining us so we can answer all your questions, share our stories and just get to know each other.

Look forward to meeting you!

Belen Bazano Sammartino

Belen is a second-year student at Booth. She
grew up in Buenos Aires, Argentina and studied Economics at the Universidad de
San Andres. Prior to Booth, Belen worked for a financial services and big data
startup in Boston, managing teams in three countries and developing products.
Belen spent her summer interning with A.T. Kearney as a consultant in Chicago,
and she will be joining Bain & Company in the Washington D.C. office upon
graduation. At Booth, Belen is a co-chair of the Management Consulting Group
(MCG) and the Latin America Business Group (LABG), a member of Graduate
Business Council (GBC), a Teaching Assistant for the courses Competitive
Strategy and Data-Driven Marketing, Country Captain for Argentina, and an
Admissions Fellow.

-->
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 07:32
Hi Guys, We will start the chat in 20 minutes. If you are around join us in the chat room.. mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Thursday, December 22: Live Chat for R2/R3 HBS, GSB, Wharton, and Booth Applicants with PersonalMBACoach

Dear Applicants, This Thursday we are conducting a live chat for applicants targeting HBS, GSB, Wharton, or Booth in R2/R3. In this chat Scott Edinburgh, Wharton MBA graduate and founder of PersonalMBACoach will chat with applicants and answer their questions regarding applications, essays, recommendations, etc. Scott has helped hundreds of applicants get into their dream schools since last eight years. Besides perfecting the MBA admissions process, he has also worked across consulting, financial services and strategy & corporate development roles before becoming a Full-Time admissions consultant.

Hope to see you all in the event. Thank you!

December 22, 2016 | Thursday | 8 AM Pacific Time (11 AM ET; 4 PM GMT; 9:30 PM India) | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

Manager
Manager

Admissions Holiday Schedule [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 09:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Admissions Holiday Schedule
Yesterday, December 21, was the first day of winter, and the beginning of the holiday season here in Chicago! We hope many of you will have the opportunity for some rest and relaxation, to spend time with your family and friends, to travel, or maybe even quietly catch up on a little work. The end of December also signals a transition for Booth; the usually busy winter garden is now quite calm, the halls of the Harper Center are quiet as the students are on Winter Break.

The Full-Time MBA Admissions Office holiday schedule will be important to know if you were planning a visit to Chicago.

The Admissions Office will be closed from Thursday, December 22 – Monday, January 2. During this time, we will be accessible via email at admissions@chicagobooth.edu should you have any questions about your Round 2 application.

If you were planning to visit campus, please note that since students are away until early January. Visitors will be welcome for the abbreviated Campus Visit Program on Monday, January 9. The full Campus Visit Program will resume the week of January 16. Visit dates and registration will be open in early January.

The Admissions office will reopen on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 8:30am CT. In early January, there will be several Chicago Booth events, as well as online chats we hope you will consider joining.

As a reminder, Round 2 Application Deadline is Wednesday, January 4 at 11:59pm, CT. For more information regarding our application process and submission deadlines, please visit our website.

We look forward to connecting with you in 2017.

Wishing you and your family a joyous holiday season!

Kimberly Epps

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Healthcare, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Reviews Badge
My Booth Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2016, 12:22

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2016, 12:36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 07:14
Hope everyone is doing well. Just one day left to submit applications in R2. Good luck to all applicants!!

This weekend I spent some time on studying stats of previous Booth applicants to analyze admission trends and acceptance chances of applicants at Booth. This analysis is based on our accumulated forum data of applicants. I have analysed the forum data of Booth applicants from 2012 to 2016 to determine acceptance chances by GMAT score, admission rounds, industry, age, country, etc.

The data used for this analysis is self-reported, so it's advised to use findings of this analysis with discretion. They are meant to give only a general idea of admission scenario at Booth. Don't presume that these findings will hold true all the time.

I welcome any comments, opinions, suggestions or anything else that you might have to say about the findings of this analysis.

YOY Acceptance Rate and Avg GMAT of Applicants

Sample Size: 2517 Applicants

Acceptance Rate by GMAT Score

• Booth is indeed one of the toughest bschools to get in to and the chart below clearly shows the intensity of competition.
  • Applicants who have GMAT scores in the range of 740 - 770 have highest chance of acceptance, almost 40%.
  • Among the 1698 applicants that we considered for this chart, around 91% had GMAT score of 700 or above and 71% had GMAT score of 720 or above. This finding tells us that those with lower than 700 GMAT need to have strong profile and convincing story for applying to Booth.
  • Acceptance rate of Booth applicants after interview is 49%.

Sample Size: 1356 Applicants

Acceptance Rate by Admission Round

Sample Size: 2512 Applicants

Acceptance Rates of Applicants in Different Age Groups

Sample Size: 908 Applicants

Acceptance rates of applicants from various industries

• The first chart - line chart - shows acceptance rates of applicants from various industries and the pie chart next to it shows industry-wise allocation of applicants.

Sample Size: 1114 Applicants

Acceptance Rates of Applicants from Various Regions

Sample Size: 919 Applicants

As I said earlier, we welcome your views, counter-views, suggestions, etc on the analysis. Thank you!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 101

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 22:15
This post received
KUDOS
Just submitted my application right at the end. The whole application system of booth was stuck for a while and my application was submitted 10 minutes after the deadline. I hope they don't push my application into round 3.

Application Submitted on: 2017/01/04
GMAT: 760, Q50, V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: 128 months
Industry: Computer Software
Submited on: 2017/01/04
Invited on: 1969/12/31
Interviewed on: 1969/12/31
Decision Received on: 1969/12/31

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 101

Manager
Manager

Student Stories: Meet Brittany Henry [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 09:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Student Stories: Meet Brittany Henry
As a consultant with aspirations in impact investing, Brittany Henry wanted to find an MBA program with strong social impact opportunities. At Booth she found the Social Enterprise Initiative (SEI), an on-campus research center that offers students different avenues for getting involved with the social sector.

In her Social Enterprise Lab class, Brittany was able to help a nonprofit create a revenue generating business. She also participated in competitions and programming where she sat in the seat of an impact investor and made recommendations to actual social organizations. The hands-on experience has allowed Brittany to explore social impact sectors while building essential skillsets for her future career goals.

Watch Student Stories: Brittany Henry

See our latest videos live chats this month to talk with current students.

Regards,

Kate

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 20:49

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 20:56

My Booth Review   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2017, 20:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  34    Next  [ 665 posts ] 

Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap