[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "197_school_count"
Calling all Darden MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Darden - Page 41
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:36 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:36
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [1]
Given Kudos: 20634
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Calling all Darden MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
A high score can cover up your lesson stellar GPA and potentially cover up your less than stellar application. It won’t replace it but it will cover up some imperfections. It can also provide a scholarship but as a veteran, I’m assuming You’re using military programs to pay for tuition. Thank you very much for serving the country 💪

Usafseen21 wrote:
Thank you! I have a 3.48 GPA from a military service academy

That is fantastic. If you want to get a more detailed profile review, feel free to submit a post in the decision tracker.

Lots of military guys tend to have a lower GPA so you will come in well ahead of a number of folks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Thank you! Pleasure to serve

Ill have to figure out how to submit a post in the decision tracker for a review. New to gmat club, just signed up
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Usafseen21 wrote:
Ill have to figure out how to submit a post in the decision tracker for a review. New to gmat club, just signed up

Sure! Sorry, it’s overwhelming here 😢. Here is a link: decision-tracker/register.html
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Calling all Darden MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Usafseen21 wrote:
Thank you! I have a 3.48 GPA from a military service academy

­Hey, ­Usafseen21
Thank you for your post.

First off, hats off to you for your service, and it's great to see that you are taking on a new challenge. 

A score of 645 is commendable and coupled with a GPA of 3.48; you've got a strong foundation. So, let's break it down for Darden and how your unique background as a veteran might play into this.

While your overall GMAT score is solid, Darden's competitive range is typically around the 700+ mark. However, the strength of the rest of your application can offset this since they look for diverse and dynamic profiles. Emphasize your leadership and teamwork experiences from your military service in your essays, and make sure you craft your story in a compelling manner.

Here are some of the Official Darden links that might help you in different scenarios:

1. MBA Admissions as a military person/veteran - Learn about one-year deferment, Veteran benefits from Updates to the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Military Scholarships, and Application Fee Waivers.

2. Darden Military Association - You can contact them at -DMA@darden.virginia.eduor visit their website - www.dardenveterans.com 

Remember, the journey to Darden is not just about numbers but about the story you tell and the diverse perspectives you bring. I hope this helps.

Cheers! 

Abhyank
Founder & CEO 
MiM-Essay
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting

Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer
Contact us: +91-8448224865 ­­­­­­­

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 14 Feb 2024, 15:57.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 15 Feb 2024, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
MiMEssay wrote:
Hey, Usafseen21 Thank you for your post. First off, hats off to you for your service, and it’s great to see that you are taking on a new challenge.  A score of 645 is commendable and coupled with a GPA of 3.48; you’ve got a strong foundation. So, let’s break it down for Darden and how your unique background as a veteran might play into this. While your overall GMAT score is solid, Darden’s competitive range is typically around the 700+ mark. However, the strength of the rest of your application can offset this since they look for diverse and dynamic profiles. Emphasize your leadership and teamwork experiences from your military service in your essays, and make sure you craft your story in a compelling manner. Here are some of the Official Darden links that might help you in different scenarios: 1. MBA Admissions as a military person/veteran - Learn about one-year deferment, Veteran benefits from Updates to the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Military Scholarships, and Application Fee Waivers. 2. Darden Military Association - You can contact them at -DMA@darden.virginia.eduor visit their website - www.dardenveterans.com  Remember, the journey to Darden is not just about numbers but about the story you tell and the diverse perspectives you bring. I hope this helps. Cheers!  Abhyank Founder & CEO  MiM-Essay MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Customer Reviews|Consultants|School Explorer Contact us: +91-8448224865

Hey, i might be wrong but 700+ gmat is for classic not for the focus edition.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply

Mandy001 wrote:
MiMEssay wrote:
Hey, Usafseen21 Thank you for your post. First off, hats off to you for your service, and it’s great to see that you are taking on a new challenge.  A score of 645 is commendable and coupled with a GPA of 3.48; you’ve got a strong foundation. So, let’s break it down for Darden and how your unique background as a veteran might play into this. While your overall GMAT score is solid, Darden’s competitive range is typically around the 700+ mark. However, the strength of the rest of your application can offset this since they look for diverse and dynamic profiles. Emphasize your leadership and teamwork experiences from your military service in your essays, and make sure you craft your story in a compelling manner. Here are some of the Official Darden links that might help you in different scenarios: 1. MBA Admissions as a military person/veteran - Learn about one-year deferment, Veteran benefits from Updates to the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Military Scholarships, and Application Fee Waivers. 2. Darden Military Association - You can contact them at -DMA@darden.virginia.eduor visit their website - www.dardenveterans.com  Remember, the journey to Darden is not just about numbers but about the story you tell and the diverse perspectives you bring. I hope this helps. Cheers!  Abhyank Founder & CEO  MiM-Essay MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Customer Reviews|Consultants|School Explorer Contact us: +91-8448224865

Hey, i might be wrong but 700+ gmat is for classic not for the focus edition.

­Hey, Mandy001
Thanks for the information.

I have checked the official site I didn't find anything related about what you posted. If you have heard it from somewhere or have a reliable source, can you please add it below in the thread? It would also help us with better evaluation and benefit the whole community. :) 

Cheers!

Abhyank
Founder & CEO 
MiM-Essay
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting

Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer
Contact us: +91-8448224865  
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MiMEssay wrote:
  Hey, Mandy001 Thanks for the information. I have checked the official site I didn’t find anything related about what you posted. If you have heard it from somewhere or have a reliable source, can you please add it below in the thread? It would also help us with better evaluation and benefit the whole community. :)  Cheers! Abhyank Founder & CEO  MiM-Essay MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer Contact us: +91-8448224865  

My point is that you mentioned that the competitive range of gmat score for Darden is 700+. If we assume that to be the focus edition, then it comes out to be 750+ in classic edition which is very high!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi everyone, is there difference between interview conducted by second years and adcoms? thank you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 65
Schools: MBS
Send PM
I heard that adcoms are super nice during the interview so no worries. In terms of decision making, I have no ideas...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 214 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Send PM
Decision-wise: Very minimal different

I can only see it as different if you are being selected for Jefferson, Oculus or Batten Scholars

but if just traditional admission + merit scholarship, I believe it’s 0% difference
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q88 V85 DI80 (Online)
Send PM
Hi,
Does anybody have any idea, till when Darden will be sending invite?Any last day?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
ChristopherZheng wrote:
I can only see it as different if you are being selected for Jefferson, Oculus or Batten Scholars

What do you mean by different? Could you please explain this?

I had an interview with second-year student and it was very nice and friendly. As I applied for Batten, I asked Adcom and they confirmed that I will be invited for an additional Batten interview once I have been accepted to Darden.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
ChristopherZheng wrote:
but if just traditional admission + merit scholarship, I believe it’s 0% difference

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rohitk101 wrote:
Hi, Does anybody have any idea, till when Darden will be sending invite?Any last day?

Last year they were inviting people till the last week of their decision release date (which is around 12th March)

I am also in the same boat as yours. There is no point in thinking too much about it
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 214 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Send PM
Dobby14 wrote:
What do you mean by different? Could you please explain this? I had an interview with second-year student and it was very nice and friendly. As I applied for Batten, I asked Adcom and they confirmed that I will be invited for an additional Batten interview once I have been accepted to Darden.

Dm you seperately
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
­Loosing hopes now. No emails/updates yet from Darden.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43  ...  50   
Moderator:
Darden and UNC Moderator
102 posts