It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 01:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2017
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 03:56
Received my invite yesterday. Does anyone have any tips for the interview?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Aug 2014
Posts: 276

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 04:05
Ocho90 wrote:
Received my invite yesterday. Does anyone have any tips for the interview?

Posted from my mobile device


Cool to hear invites still going out. Can't speak to Haas but for me personally these interviews are tough not to get too informal because the person you're speaking with is likely going to be really friendly. Not sure if it's a problem you'd come across but for me I find it best to consider it like how you would speak to a friend of your parents, deliberate and respectful but not like you're trying too hard to impress them.

You can look at last year's thread for some ideas of what to expect or alternatively clearadmit has a couple "interview reports" https://www.clearadmit.com/school/haas I would advise you to take a peak at.
_________________

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 78

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 25

Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: Technology, Statistics
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.53
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 09:03
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Ocho90!

Had mine two Sundays ago!

Definitely know their values. Be able to articulate how an MBA from Haas specifically works into your short and long term career goals. At interview day, they also gave us this p sage piece of advice: you were invited to interview for a reason. Show them a more detailed look at what's on your app and who you are and who you wanna be.

Best of luck!

Mango

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 25

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Dec 2016
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 15

Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Reviews Badge
Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 10:27
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys, had the interview couple of days ago (online with an alum). Questions where more or less standard: why MBA, why Haas, whats your weakness, a question that led me to talk about my goals (don't remember exactly to be honest). The interview was relaxed and friendly, and overall experience was quite positive, though I think I messed up 1 or 2 questions. Fingers crossed though!

And good luck to everyone!

Last edited by BO10 on 02 Dec 2017, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 15

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Dec 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 17:34
Just received an interview invite. Indian based in Singapore.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2017
Posts: 66

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 17:57
interview invitation..from India

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2012
Posts: 83

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 19:41
nakul17 wrote:
Just received an interview invite. Indian based in Singapore.


Can you please tell when you got your “ready for review” email?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Dec 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 21:21
johndoe2016 wrote:
nakul17 wrote:
Just received an interview invite. Indian based in Singapore.


Can you please tell when you got your “ready for review” email?

Posted from my mobile device


I got my ready for review email on 11th October.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 01:43
Got my invite last night! So happy :)

I submitted my app on 25/9 and got the "ready to review" message on 6/10. Had almost lost my hopes...

GMAT 760
Brazilian, currently working in London
Consulting background

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4740

Kudos [?]: 18111 [0], given: 1992

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 13:29

Kudos [?]: 18111 [0], given: 1992

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 64

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Location: Australia
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 22:44
Having completed my Haas interview (being my last one), it is now a waiting game. ARG!

On one hand, it is great to get it over and done with. On the other hand, everything is now outside of my control.

Fingers crossed for everyone who is still interviewing! All the best for offers (just over a week to go).

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2017
Posts: 66

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 23:18
fullns wrote:
Having completed my Haas interview (being my last one), it is now a waiting game. ARG!

On one hand, it is great to get it over and done with. On the other hand, everything is now outside of my control.

Fingers crossed for everyone who is still interviewing! All the best for offers (just over a week to go).



Can you please tell a bit about the interview ? questions and experience?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 64

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 6

Location: Australia
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 04:38
1
This post received
KUDOS
M@Arya wrote:
fullns wrote:
Having completed my Haas interview (being my last one), it is now a waiting game. ARG!

On one hand, it is great to get it over and done with. On the other hand, everything is now outside of my control.

Fingers crossed for everyone who is still interviewing! All the best for offers (just over a week to go).



Can you please tell a bit about the interview ? questions and experience?


Interview was at a cafe/restaurant. It went well.

To be honest it went by in such a flash I don't remember the exact questions but they were typical and included some behavioural/hypotheticals. I rambled a bit. However I think my strong point was that I was completely honest - about who I am, what I believe in and my shortcomings. Ultimately, I think my interviewer appreciated and was impressed by my honesty.

We shall see how it goes!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 6

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 64

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Location: Australia
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 00:17
Does anyone know when last year's R1 admit weekend was held? Or any idea when it might be held this year?

Need to figure out if I can go and work is asking me to confirm annual leave now, which is not helpful!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 04:30
fullns wrote:
Does anyone know when last year's R1 admit weekend was held? Or any idea when it might be held this year?

Need to figure out if I can go and work is asking me to confirm annual leave now, which is not helpful!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Hey fullns interview day is now a bit of a blur but pretty sure they said to keep that first weekend in March in mind. I think Friday March 2nd and Saturday March 3rd specifically. Hopefully someone else can chime in to make sure I am remembering that correctly.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Posts: 33

Kudos [?]: 26 [1], given: 0

Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 04:33
1
This post received
KUDOS
ThadGA08 wrote:
fullns wrote:
Does anyone know when last year's R1 admit weekend was held? Or any idea when it might be held this year?

Need to figure out if I can go and work is asking me to confirm annual leave now, which is not helpful!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Hey fullns interview day is now a bit of a blur but pretty sure they said to keep that first weekend in March in mind. I think Friday March 2nd and Saturday March 3rd specifically. Hopefully someone else can chime in to make sure I am remembering that correctly.


That’s correct!! Can’t remember if it starts on Thursday, but it’s that weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 26 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 64

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Location: Australia
GPA: 3.3
Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 04:36
Prospie1123 wrote:
ThadGA08 wrote:
fullns wrote:
Does anyone know when last year's R1 admit weekend was held? Or any idea when it might be held this year?

Need to figure out if I can go and work is asking me to confirm annual leave now, which is not helpful!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Hey fullns interview day is now a bit of a blur but pretty sure they said to keep that first weekend in March in mind. I think Friday March 2nd and Saturday March 3rd specifically. Hopefully someone else can chime in to make sure I am remembering that correctly.


That’s correct!! Can’t remember if it starts on Thursday, but it’s that weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Thank you so much guys! Unfort that's really not a good date in terms of getting leave but much appreciate the info.

Also not to mention AFTER the date in which I must make deposit at Yale & enrol.

Maybe I won't get the offer and won't have to decide lol...


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 06:29
Hey fullns have you visited campus yet? If not, any chance you can visit another time before Yale's deadline (assuming all goes well with Haas)? I'd do the usual stuff they have most days with a tour/class visit, etc. but also try and ask them to help set you up with a lot of students and reach out to students involved in things you're interested in. I'd say Haas was towards the top of my list after a tour and stuff last spring, but the interview day and interacting with so many students made it a clear #1. Still would have been a top school without it, but think my perspective would be significantly different without visits and interactions with students (more so than other schools I've visited and had similar experiences). Know Australia's far though.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 64

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Location: Australia
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 06:46
ThadGA08 wrote:
Hey fullns have you visited campus yet? If not, any chance you can visit another time before Yale's deadline (assuming all goes well with Haas)? I'd do the usual stuff they have most days with a tour/class visit, etc. but also try and ask them to help set you up with a lot of students and reach out to students involved in things you're interested in. I'd say Haas was towards the top of my list after a tour and stuff last spring, but the interview day and interacting with so many students made it a clear #1. Still would have been a top school without it, but think my perspective would be significantly different without visits and interactions with students (more so than other schools I've visited and had similar experiences). Know Australia's far though.


Thanks. I have visited both schools and attended class visits etc.

For me, both schools are great and similar in many ways. How I would like to choose (should I be lucky enough to have the option) is by way of meeting my future classmates and getting a better "feel" for the school. Best way to do that is via the admit weekends. However It's a long way to go from Australia.

Hence if I only get to go to one before having to decide, it makes it a bit hard. Even if I put the deposit down, I still need to spend quite a bit of $ and time getting to the states twice in two months.

It is okay tho. If I'm lucky enough to have this problem, ill deal with it as it comes! Eg I might just go to one admit weekend then visit the other school and organise my own thing!




Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 06:59
fullns wrote:
ThadGA08 wrote:
Hey fullns have you visited campus yet? If not, any chance you can visit another time before Yale's deadline (assuming all goes well with Haas)? I'd do the usual stuff they have most days with a tour/class visit, etc. but also try and ask them to help set you up with a lot of students and reach out to students involved in things you're interested in. I'd say Haas was towards the top of my list after a tour and stuff last spring, but the interview day and interacting with so many students made it a clear #1. Still would have been a top school without it, but think my perspective would be significantly different without visits and interactions with students (more so than other schools I've visited and had similar experiences). Know Australia's far though.


Thanks. I have visited both schools and attended class visits etc.

For me, both schools are great and similar in many ways. How I would like to choose (should I be lucky enough to have the option) is by way of meeting my future classmates and getting a better "feel" for the school. Best way to do that is via the admit weekends. However It's a long way to go from Australia.

Hence if I only get to go to one before having to decide, it makes it a bit hard. Even if I put the deposit down, I still need to spend quite a bit of $ and time getting to the states twice in two months.

It is okay tho. If I'm lucky enough to have this problem, ill deal with it as it comes! Eg I might just go to one admit weekend then visit the other school and organise my own thing!




Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Good luck both with Haas and also maybe getting a deposit extension from Yale!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2017, 06:59

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  17    Next  [ 325 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Haas (2018 intake) applicants: Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.