It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 04:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.83
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 14:53
Just got an invite today! The on-campus interview date is 11/20, and the email asks me to decide whether or not I'll be able to come by 10/31. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Schools: Haas '19
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 15:15
butidigress wrote:
Just got an invite today! The on-campus interview date is 11/20, and the email asks me to decide whether or not I'll be able to come by 10/31. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Congrats! That's exciting news.

I'm anxiously awaiting any news at this point. December 15 seems very far away.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2016, 00:30
Has anyone got an interview response?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2016, 00:44
butidigress wrote:

Congratulations man! Best of luck

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 06:31
Does the application status change to 'under review' from 'received' before we receive an interview invite?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.84
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 12:06
Got invited yesterday!! Super excited.

In my case, the status was "In review" before I was invited. I don't know for long it was in review or when it changed.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 12:15
emilya wrote:

In my case, the status was "In review" before I was invited. I don't know for long it was in review or when it changed.

Congrats! Do you know the dates for the on-campus interviews?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.84
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 12:17
mj800 wrote:
emilya wrote:

Congrats! Do you know the dates for the on-campus interviews?

Thanks!! No, I'm doing my interview off-campus. In the system they'll show which dates are available for on-campus and I believe you have time to confirm whether you can make it or not.

Manager
Manager

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 16:38
emilya wrote:

Congratulations emilya! Mine still says "Received". Shoot, it's going to be a long wait :-D

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 8

GRE 1: 330 Q165 V165

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 13:19
Hey everyone, do we have any consensus on the application status changing to "Application Under Review"?

Or is it just the next step that everyone (even those not invited) go to at some point.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.96
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 13:52
admitkid07 wrote:
Or is it just the next step that everyone (even those not invited) go to at some point.

^ This.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Berkeley Executive MBA engineers Career Advancement—and Change [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 16:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Berkeley Executive MBA engineers Career Advancement—and Change

“Change is hard at first, messy in the middle, and gorgeous at the end,” according to writer Robin Sharma. No one would agree more than Mithun Shankar, a 2014 graduate of the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program.

A successful software engineer at Oracle Corporation in India and the U.S., Mithun was responsible for developing infrastructure, certifying cloud technologies, managing global teams of engineers, and working with big data analytics. But something was missing.

“I’d been with Oracle for more than a decade,” he remembers. “I’d reached the point where I knew I’d be successful if I stayed, but there was no longer a real challenge for me.” MIthun's work was also very internally focused, and he was hungry for some interaction with the users of his technology. “As an engineer, you analyze a problem and then solve that problem. But does it help one person, or one million people? You have no idea.”

He started to wonder about roles that would develop another side of his personality, but didn’t have the skills to make a switch to marketing or finance. Born, raised, and educated in India, Shankar had just arrived in the U.S. in 2009 and knew he needed the credibility of a good management program in a good school to gain the confidence to make that leap. Raising the stakes of taking such a risk was the fact that he was married with two small children, and his wife had her own career to think of as well. When he learned about the Berkeley-Haas Executive MBA Program, he knew he’d found the right way forward.

A Wealth of Options
Soon after he’d started at Berkeley-Haas in 2013, Mithun met with Luke Kreinberg of the MBA Career Management Group, who drew a chart illustrating four career types: Advancer, Explorer, Switcher, and Entrepreneur. The result: Shankar came out of the meeting feeling even more confused than before, realizing he had many more options than he’d considered – but he knew he was on the right for career advancement outside of engineering.

He proceeded through the core curriculum, gradually learning the language of business and finance. Particularly transformative courses included Turnarounds with Peter Goodson and Jennifer Chatman’s Executive Leadership class.

Advancing with a Move into Product Management...
By the time he completed the program in 2014, Mithun knew his next step. He stayed at Oracle, but, with the credibility of his new degree, was able to switch to product management – a more externally facing role that enabled him to work with customers to solve their technology problems.

...Then a Switch to Consulting in Private Equity
About a year later, he learned through the Haas Alumni Network of a consulting position for Alvarez & Marsal's private equity group. In January 2016 Shankar relocated his family to Texas to work for its San Antonio office, and he now advises C-level executives at mid-sized companies on how to run their businesses. “I’m dealing with human and economic problems,” Mithun says. “I can really see my own impact.”

What would Mithun say to others dreaming of making a big career switch? “Change is something everyone should embrace,” he says. “It can be challenging, but it’s never too late to do it. And it’s incredibly satisfying on the other side.”

Looking to embrace your own career change (or advancement)? Learn more about the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 17:55
admitkid07 wrote:
Hey everyone, do we have any consensus on the application status changing to "Application Under Review"?

"First, we will make sure your application is complete. There is no need to contact us — we will reach out to you via email to request additional materials or to confirm that your application is ready for review."

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 12:07
Are you sure John? This makes me feel better...
jonny1986 wrote:
admitkid07 wrote:

^ This.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 17:07
My app just went into review. All apps will have a status change. I was dinged last year but still had the status change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 17:11
Thank you a ton alphabeta4!
alphabeta4 wrote:
My app just went into review. All apps will have a status change. I was dinged last year but still had the status change.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.92
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 17:12
Just got an interview invite!! I am SO excited!!!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 17:13
bella1017 wrote:

Do you recall when your status changed?

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.92
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 17:17
alphabeta4 wrote:
bella1017 wrote:

Do you recall when your status changed?

Well I got the email saying my application was ready for review on 10/6. It's said "Application Under Review" when I logged in I think since 10/17 (but might have changed earlier).

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 05:39
For those interested, my app went from ready to review to under review the same day.

Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!   [#permalink] 26 Oct 2016, 05:39

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25    Next  [ 484 posts ] 

Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap