Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
I moved to received and under review on Tuesday. Anyone know how long it takes until an interview invite takes after this stage?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
Stuck at received. :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Stuck at received. :|

Mine too. They are taking their time.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
alphabeta4 wrote:
I moved to received and under review on Tuesday. Anyone know how long it takes until an interview invite takes after this stage?

I got my "Ready for Review" email on October 20 and just got my invite yesterday evening, October 28.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
alphabeta4 wrote:

Looking at others, seems like 5-7 working days. Sometimes longer, so account for that too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
I was on the approximate same time line as a poster above. Got my application status change 10/18 and received my interview invite 10/28.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Status still showing "Received". Are they even gonna process my app or not. :x
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
Status still showing "Received". Are they even gonna process my app or not. :x

I just got the email on Thursday saying mine is now in review. Patience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
i just spent an hour going through last year's GMATClub thread and people received interview invites 4 days before decisions were released!! -_-
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Does everyone's application switch to "under review" at some point? Mine has been at received for over a month. Or is it possible to just get dinged without ever getting the "under review" status?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gdyste wrote:
Does everyone's application switch to "under review" at some point? Mine has been at received for over a month. Or is it possible to just get dinged without ever getting the "under review" status?

Same Question.. Can anyone please provide some inputs?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
Send PM
I think everyone's does. There are reports from last year, it turning to in review and then receiving a ding. So it'll flow through and should start to see in review soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [5]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Kudos
I just had my interview last night. It ended up being over the phone with a 2nd-year student. It seems like my situation was a bit unusual, and they are usually on-campus with 2nd-years, or off-campus with alums. Could be wrong though!

The interview was very relaxed and conversational, with a strong focus on fit. My interviewer spent about two minutes explaining her situation to give some context. The interview was blind; she only had my resume. As best I remember, her questions for me were:
- Walk me through your resume
- Why an MBA, and why now?
- Why Haas specifically?
- What groups would you participate in at Haas?
- Which of the defining principles are most important to you? Please link them to your experience and goals [no right answer here!]
- How would you like to be remembered or known by your classmates at Haas?
- What are my short- and long-term career goals

My interviewer also asked some additional questions specific to my situation. She really listened well to what I had already said and formed additional questions based on my earlier responses, and it was clear she was not just reading off a list. We had some open conversation based on my responses as well.

She also gave me the opportunity to ask her questions and gave very thoughtful responses to each. None of the questions were strictly behavioral, and most of what she talked about was related to the culture of the school.

Overall, a really pleasant and engaging interview. I imagine that the questions will vary depending on your interviewer but it wouldn't surprise me if the general theme (cultural fit) is the same.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Does anyone know what is the latest date that Berkeley will review application ? My status is still "Received"...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
S. wrote:
Does anyone know what is the latest date that Berkeley will review application ? My status is still "Received"...

They keep reviewing right up until the notification date (December 15). From their FAQ:
"Interview invitations are extended 4 weeks after the application deadline, and continue on a rolling basis until the deadline for your round. You will be notified by email if you are invited to interview."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.92
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
emilya wrote:
I just had my interview last night. It ended up being over the phone with a 2nd-year student. It seems like my situation was a bit unusual, and they are usually on-campus with 2nd-years, or off-campus with alums. Could be wrong though!

The interview was very relaxed and conversational, with a strong focus on fit. My interviewer spent about two minutes explaining her situation to give some context. The interview was blind; she only had my resume. As best I remember, her questions for me were:
- Walk me through your resume
- Why an MBA, and why now?
- Why Haas specifically?
- What groups would you participate in at Haas?
- Which of the defining principles are most important to you? Please link them to your experience and goals [no right answer here!]
- How would you like to be remembered or known by your classmates at Haas?
- What are my short- and long-term career goals

My interviewer also asked some additional questions specific to my situation. She really listened well to what I had already said and formed additional questions based on my earlier responses, and it was clear she was not just reading off a list. We had some open conversation based on my responses as well.

She also gave me the opportunity to ask her questions and gave very thoughtful responses to each. None of the questions were strictly behavioral, and most of what she talked about was related to the culture of the school.

Overall, a really pleasant and engaging interview. I imagine that the questions will vary depending on your interviewer but it wouldn't surprise me if the general theme (cultural fit) is the same.

Thanks for taking the time to post this! I'm interviewing next week and this was really helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Kudos
My app status changed to under review. They go region wise. So Indian apps are being reviewed now.

Sent from my SM-G900H using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts